who hasnt gotten a iphone 3gs ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gdeusthewhizkid, Dec 8, 2009.

1. gdeusthewhizkid macrumors 6502a

are you just gonna go to the 4g or pull the plug on a 3gs because of the jailbreak factor

2. ineedamac macrumors 6502

I still have my 3G. There was not enough of a difference for me to get the 3GS. I will get the next iteration, in part because I will be due for an upgrade.

3. gdeusthewhizkid thread starter macrumors 6502a

my upgrade time came and went since oct 23. im proud of myself that i didnt pull the plug yet. anxious to see what apple will bring in the summer.

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I'm not getting a new phone until the 4G network is up and the iPhone is on it.

(or until my 3G breaks)

6. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Didn't think that the 3GS was worth the upgrade, for others it might be. I just don't think that I personally use my phone enough to warrant the newer edition when the 3G does everything I need at the moment.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I do whatever thegoldenmackid does. :)

Seriously, I didn't think it was worth the upgrade. Waiting until the next model.

8. sysiphus macrumors 6502a

sysiphus

Had an original iPhone, sold it two years later and ditched the iPhone platform altogether due to a lack of hardware/software innovation--the App Store is the only compelling feature Apple's added for me, and I could get it on my original iPhone. The new ones aren't a big enough step up, and the higher carrier fees aren't worth my money. I was also turned off by Apple's bogus claims that the original model couldn't technically handle MMS.

9. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

So what phone did you turn to?

10. harleygold macrumors regular

harleygold

11. sysiphus macrumors 6502a

sysiphus

Nokia E90 Communicator. The lack of US 3G doesn't touch me much since I'm usually on a college campus that is blanketed in WiFi...and I love my full 5-row QWERTY and 800x352 screen. Getting a new little toy shortly, though--Nokia E66. Should be a nice small/light little day-to-day carry device...and it -will- be nice to have the 3G...even though I don't really need it.

12. gangsta77 macrumors member

what do u mean the 3gs jailbreak factor? its not jailbreakable?

13. Applepi macrumors 6502a

Applepi

Like everyone else, didn't think the 3GS was worth the upgrade. Waiting patiently for June to roll around.

14. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

For 1st Gen iPhone owners, it was a worthy upgrade. 3G (7.2Mb/s v EDGE 256Kb/s), faster CPU, more RAM, better GPU, GPS, Compass, better camera, MMS... lots of goodies.

15. sysiphus macrumors 6502a

sysiphus

You're not all wrong--but the faster CPU/RAM/GPU didn't really touch how I used the phone, though. The extra 20 bucks/month (data price hike+200SMS separate fee)was the killer for me...considering I could keep my 1st gen plan/sim and throw it in any non-ATT smartphone. Voila, I have 3G, GPS, better camera, and a more capable phone :)

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

$15 Extra.
    The 3G speed is well worth the price difference compared to edge IMO.
    But to each their own. The extra 3-5 second lag on every single task performed makes a big difference between the 2G/3G iphones and the 3GS usability though.

17. gdeusthewhizkid thread starter macrumors 6502a

macrumors put up a report that apple has plugged the jailbreak hole in the new iphone..

18. Fizzoid macrumors 68020

Fizzoid

Overdue for an upgrade but have resisted upgrading my 3G for a 3GS although double the storage capacity is tempting. I think I'd just end up regretting it come Summer

19. The Phazer macrumors 68030

Still have a 2G. The 4th Gen might finally present a really compelling reason to pay out the amount of money O2 want.

Phazer

20. ianloomis macrumors newbie

ianloomis

Me!!!!

I have not yet purchased an iPhone 3GS nor any iPhone because im on verizon. Grrr.

And then Verizon grows a pair and launches a multi-million dollar campaign against it. So much for it coming to Verizon.

21. Menge macrumors 6502a

Menge

I still have a 16GB iPhone 2G here which I bought in the US and unlocked. Still working wonderfully. The only reason I though of getting a 3GS was for making the software I develop take advantage of the updated hardware, but I kind of gave up when I saw the prices around Brazil (R$2300/US$1300 for a 32GB model).

22. gangsta77 macrumors member

when was this?

has anyone with the 3gs jailbroken there iphone?

23. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

For me price stayed the same. My 15% FAN discount kept my bill on the $62.65 dollar line as always with my 1st Gen.

It wasn't a deal breaker:D

24. yoppie macrumors 6502a

I still use a first gen. iPhone. I'm going to upgrade when the next one comes out.

25. ski2moro macrumors 6502

I'll wait

I debated when the 3Gs came out - buy Apple Care for the 3G or get a 3Gs and sell the old one.

When it all got sorted out, AT&T had reset my eligibility for an upgrade from August 1 to December 13. No one had the authority to reset the eligibility back and I had to wait.

I bought AppleCare and had to use it when the phone wouldn't turn on one day.

Now that my upgrade is only 4 days away, the newness of the 3Gs is wearing off. I'm just waiting for the next one.