Who here has a naked iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AceGuy78, May 31, 2012.

1. AceGuy78 macrumors member

AceGuy78

My bumper the closest thing to no case just broke so I've made the decision to go naked for a while. So it made me wonder....

how many people go naked and how often do you drop your phone compared to other people with a case which might give you enough confidence to go naked

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Mine's naked for the time being because when I was baking the other day I got brownie batter on the phone. I took the vapor pro case of to clean both the phone and the case. I just haven't put it back on

3. OasisNYK macrumors 6502

100% naked since my apple bumper fell apart a little over a year ago. As long as you take care of it, its fine. I actually prefer it this way.

I have dropped it a few times, in fact I did today. As long as you dont drop it on concrete you should be OK.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I've been naked since the iPhone 3G in 2008. (I did try using a bumper for about a month once.)

Out of all my phones I've probably had about 10-15 drops that made me think "oh no, it's going to break."

But of all those drops just 2 caused minor cosmetic damage (that I could ignore) and one shattered the screen.

So, yes, I had to spend $199 to replace a phone one time. Over 5 years and a dozen drops...I consider that to be not bad.

5. shinobi-81 macrumors 6502

I haven't dropped my phone in 1.5 years, and I don't use any protection for it. If I drop it, I can afford to pay for the repairs.

6. ValerieDurden macrumors 6502a

7. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I use my iPhone without a case, feels better that way. I have a ton of cases but get tired of using them quick.

8. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Naked for six months or so only with front and back screen protectors.

9. yui4 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted

Sgp crystal front, side & rear screen protectors only. The design of the phone was 1 of the reasons for its purchase, a case detracts from that aspect of enjoyment IMO

10. surjavarman macrumors 6502a

I was naked on my last iphone from the start. No bumper, no screen protector, nothing. Dropped it a million times on various surfaces and the glass never shattered. Never had a dropped call or signal loss either.

Naked is the way to go. its the only way you'll ever enjoy it for what it is

11. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Me. I also have a small fracture in the glass screen from dropping it :D but that doesn't affect the usability of the phone and its almost 2 years old.

12. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

13. teamrusnac macrumors newbie

i tried it once before but the phone feels a lot more secure in my hands with a case on, plus the back easly got scratched from the keys in my pocket. I love the design of the iPhone 4, but it will never be as comfortable to hold as the 3GS was

14. msarway macrumors 6502

msarway

naked most of the time unless i am doing something rugged then i will but a case on but 90% naked and feels better in the hand and in the pocket dropped it few times lucky so far.

15. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I used to have a case but now my iphone is naked (well not entirely, still have screen protector).

16. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

17. Thierry ba macrumors 6502a

Naked, no bumpers, no screen protectors, not a single scratch. IMO bumpers screw this fantastic design of the 4/4S. I hate bumpers and cases.

18. manueld macrumors 6502

19. Pillar macrumors 6502

Pillar

iPhone is naked at the moment and I love it that way, with best skins ever on sides and back. The front has screen protected also, but can't recall what brand. I haven't dropped it as of yet.

I had a case on it, off and on. I have another case on its way to me, so most likely I will use that most of the time.

20. JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

Naked since the 4S, PS crystal film an front and back, nothing on the sides and it couldn't be better. I've always had "feather" type super thin cases on my iphones, but why hide it's good looks and feel behind some cheap plastic?

21. hypervish89 macrumors regular

My 4s is practically naked, only a screen protector on the front and back.

22. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

exactly my problem. I have been naked since iphone 4 came out, I was just so paranoid about the glass. After a few months after the iphone 4 release, I have gone completely naked. It feels much better, is super thin and IMPO was the way it was ment to be used :D

23. LaWally macrumors 6502a

Fully naked. Always has been. Never been dropped. Not a scratch on it. Owned for 8 months.

Go naked or not at all.

24. Mochi Hana macrumors 6502a

Mochi Hana

I keep mine naked as well. It has a few scratches but they doesn't bother me.

25. yinz macrumors 6502a

No case since day one. I really like the exterior design and that's one of the reasons why I got it, so why put a case over it to cover it up?