Who Is All Getting The iPad For Christmas?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AppleTech22, Dec 18, 2010.

1. AppleTech22 macrumors 6502

First off I am getting the iPad for Christmas and am very excited and before people come in here and start hating about how I and others should have waited until the 2nd One comes out, I will be getting that one too. I am just going to sell my iPad or maybe just keep it for my family/give it to a friend. So the reason of this thread is to simply ask all of the iPad Christmasteers(?), what is your game plan for when the new iPad comes out, are you going to keep the one that you have, or sell, etc.

Happy Holidays,

AppleTech22

2. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

I hope not me, I rather wait for the second gen. I have time :)

3. 184550 Guest

*raises hand*

I'm getting one. Luckily, I've built up about $130 in Best Buy Reward Zone certificates to pick up accessories.

4. gertruded macrumors regular

Purchased my spouse one for Christmas. Received the refurbished 15 gig one from the Apple Store for $429. I opened it to test it and it works great. It shipped in directly from China in 5 days from order.

5. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

I probably would've been tempted if some idiot didn't mess up my £600 worth of overtime for this month. Maybe next month instead - just in time for the 20% vat rate :(

6. Dragoro macrumors 6502

Dragoro

We celebrate christmas eary on Sunday (only chance my brother had to be in town) and I get to open my ipad : )

7. AppleTech22 thread starter macrumors 6502

The reason for the post is this: To get over the fear of buying products. If you are holding out on buying one, go, go get one and enjoy it. If you want the new one, sell the old one, then enjoy the new one once again. Everyone on YouTube, Twitter, etc. says don't go get one. You need to understand that products come out all the time, people will suggest that you should still buy the iPhone, when the release date of that is only two months after that of the iPad. Something new will come, and then something will come again. The ones that enjoy their technology more, are the ones who don't care.

AppleTech22

8. casajencol macrumors newbie

Lucky me! I am also getting one off my Girl for Christmas (im sure the sweetner of a diamond necklace helped)

Just going to need a few pound to pick up some of these sweet apps! :)

9. Shoechick macrumors newbie

Shoechick

I got mine for Christmas...early ;) Bought a 32gb wifi only on black friday...there was a $51 discount in Canada. LOVE IT!! and there was no way hubby was putting it away until Christmas :)

10. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

You're just going to give a friend a $500 tablet and get a new one?? Good friend you are. Call me cheap but I would never.

11. Dragoro macrumors 6502

Dragoro

Think most my friends would crap their pants if I gave them a 500 dollar present.

12. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Its not a fear of buying products; its being a smart consumer. And not a lot of people tell you not to buy a new iphone because an ipad just came out. That's like not buying a new car because you just bought a new bike. No one, unless you have money to burn or need it to run your business or to live, would buy a product when a better version of that product is coming out in a few weeks. Its just silly.

13. alecgold macrumors 6502a

alecgold

A few weeks can be a long time if you want something so bad...
    Secondly who knows how long it will take before iPad 2 comes out?! It could be April and that's a lot of few weeks. Personaly I don't think Apple would miss the holidays for a new product launch. In a few weeks a lot of people will still have exhausted credit cards and buyers remorse from the christmas spendings.

To the OP, if you can, wait a bit with buying the iPad 2 if it comes out. It might be a bit better than the iPad 1, but usually not so much that it's worth another 450 or 800 dollars.
    I've bought the 64Gb3G because I intended to keep it until iPad 3 comes out. So far it works great, but I'm not sure if I can hold back that long.... :D

14. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

I'm getting one for xmas. When engadget puts up their story that they got an invite to the apple event in the spring, I'm selling it and buying iPad 2

15. aafuss1 macrumors 68000

aafuss1

I'm getting one for Chritsmas as well (wrapped up and already under the tree). I won't be selling mine if a new model does come out.

16. bobright macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Anybody hear the rumor it's not going to come out until Apri? If so damn thats a long time from now not sure I could wait that long LOL

17. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

Sorry to hear that :S

18. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

I'll sort of be getting one for Christmas. I'm using visa gift cards and cash to buy mine. After wanting a 16GB Wifi + 3G all year, I'm leaning towards the 16GB Wifi only model.

19. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

I bought one for myself 3 months ago, and have bought one for my parents for Christmas, they'd better enjoy it :D

20. jcmeyer5 macrumors 6502

I am getting my kids iPads with customized Otter boxes and those big fat "crayon" styli. Just the 16gb wifi ones. They don't use the online stuff. I've got photos of the cases here somewhere...

21. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

My brother is getting one. That's because I won a 16gb wifi in a raffle and don't need it. So he lucked out. Merry Xmas!!! :D

22. AppleTech22 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's not just silly when you want the product bad like people above have said, also when you plan to give it to a family member or sell it.

23. HuggyLowDown macrumors regular

HuggyLowDown

I picked up mine on Black Friday. I'm planning on selling it before the 2nd Gen. hits the stores.

24. Mac Love macrumors newbie

I got an iPad yesterday as a Christmas gift and I am SO happy with it. I was going to wait, but I have an actual need it before the rumored release dates and so I figured, why not get it now and enjoy it for longer? The rumored features the 2nd gen will have just do not really appeal to me so I don't anticipate feeling cheated. I would never use a camera and I don't have much use for a USB port--I don't even use the USB ports on my MacBook except to hook up my iPad and iPhone.

25. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

lol but of course it's not coming til April. iOS products get updated once a year. April- iPad June/July - iPhone September- iPods