Who is more attractive....?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by estabya, Jan 9, 2017.

?

Who is more attractive?

1. Ryan Gosling

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Ryan Reynolds

12 vote(s)
    85.7%
  1. estabya macrumors 6502

estabya

I am just wanting to use this poll to help settle a workplace debate...

2. flyinmac, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017

flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

Umm.... who are they???

Edit: Ok, did a search. I'm going to have to vote for neither. They have some similar facial features. And it just isn't a look I find attractive.

I struggle to put one as more attractive. If it was the last two guys on Earth, and someone forced me to choose at gun point, then I guess I'd have to choose Gosling.

But, that's unlikely to happen, because if they are the last 2 guys on Earth, then who would be holding the gun and forcing me to choose. So I think I'm safe.

3. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

4. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

Neither are my taste in men, but I voted Reynolds.

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

6. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Current photos of each would have helped. I can't remember what Gosling looks like. I like Reynolds, but he's not in my top ten. Or even twenty-five.

7. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

I'm going with… neither.

Full disclosure:
    I have a vague idea who Ryan Gosling is due to him being in the upcoming cluster**** of a Blade Runner sequel. (No, I don't think it is needed or going to be a great film).

Ryan Reynolds? I had to Google him.

8. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

For those asking: two Canadian actors. Mr. Reynolds is from my hometown of Vancouver and is by all accounts a very nice guy in real life. I don't recall having watched Mr. Gosling in anything, but Ryna Reynolds has been in a couple of "superhero" films (Green Arrow and Deadpool the latter which was rather successful) , which I know are not really to most tastes hence why the queries.

9. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Thanks, and much appreciated.

To the OP: Not everyone is in thrall to two unknown celebrities from the North American continent - and some of us have never even heard of either of them, or hadn't until tripping over this thread.

Why not supply photographs? The threads are awash with visual material, overly so, sometimes, to my mind, as download speeds can be a bit slow when I am abroad.

10. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I don't think I've heard anybody ask a question like this since about second grade.

11. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Hey I was thinking of starting a "sci-fi babes" thread to say who is the hottest space chick !*

*May not be true, not that there aren't a lot of gorgeous actresses I had and have crushes on - the late lamented Carrie Fisher being one of them - just don't see the point. It's a matter of taste and rather superficial, at least my set are rather diverse. Kind of like arguing aesthetics (not hardware and software features) on our e-gadgets.

12. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Yes.

The question as posed is hideously reminiscent of the vacuous - and exceedingly boring - conversations that filled the classroom at break time on schooldays.

I am not sure that the internet is the place to seek answers to superficial questions of what is deemed 'attractive' as such things are also determined by age, culture, and where one is from - in social terms , class terms, geographical terms, fashion terms - possibly ethnic criteria.......this is not something that is static.

13. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

OP, you should have included pics.

This sounds way to logical. ;)

But... I'm not in the habit of judging relative male handsomeness, but say they are too close based on facial appearance alone to make a call. :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Thank you, @Huntn.

Perhaps I am being too "logical", but, while 'logic' doesn't always dictate what one finds attractive, cultural conditioning often has more say in what one is allowed to - or encouraged to - deem attractive than one might wish to admit.

Having said that, neither appeal; both are too "American" to my jaundiced eyes - a look that - candidly - leaves me cold; besides, their eyes are too closely set together - that is a very American feature, and - moreover - I cannot see how one would make much of a distinction between them.

15. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

16. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Don't get yourself into trouble. :p On a beauty scale, I'd never discount someone's attractiveness because they are too English. I think the question was about about physical attractiveness, not personality, habits, or accents.

For myself, physical attributes are just one part of a person's attractiveness, always trumped by personality. And all we really have to go on with actors, if they are not making buffoons of themselves in their personal lives, is their onscreen personalities, which might be accurate to some degree, but more times than not leads you astray if you are trying to figure out what kind of person this actor really is. :)

17. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Same stupid haircut and awfully similar facial features. Meh.

18. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Notice, I did not make a pick. :D:D But in post 13, I think Gosling has the better photo, but that still does not decide it. :)

19. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So you would take both? :p

20. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Ha! Well played.

21. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

Is said debate an official portion of workplace duties? That said, is beauty not in the eyes of the beholder? Physical appearance often means little where the value of a human being is concerned.

22. Huntn, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

:p No, not either. If I was to pick the best looking actor of all time, it might be Paul Newman, Robert Redford, or Cary Grant, but there is the pretty boy vs the rugged hansom, they are too pretty. Rugged might be Steve McQueen, Clint Eastwood, Marlin Brando, Richard Burton or a bunch more... hah.

23. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Me too. Because Deadpool is a funny, funny guy. Dunno what the other guy is famous for.

24. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Clean up in isle 3. :D

You left out the James Bonds'.

25. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Personally it is the cookie cutter Hollywood "type" similarity that I find boring.
    The same facial features, symetry… I am sure an e-Passport gate at Heathrow would have trouble telling the two apart.

Now, if the question, infantile as it is, was between say, Ryan Gossling and Tom Hardy. Oh well, then I'd definitely throw my hat into the ring. :D