Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you celebrating christmas?

• Yes.

Votes: 52 64.2%
  • No.

Votes: 29 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JNB

macrumors 604
Just to clarify the whole equinox/solstice thing:

Equinox (equal night): Spring, days begin to get longer than night, and Fall, night begins to get longer than day.

Solstice (sun stops): Summer, sun appears to cease moving north and begins southward, and Winter, sun appears to cease moving south and begins moving northward.

And no, I don't play the fake holiday game. ;)

Kamera RAWr

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2007
Sitting on a rig somewhere
My family and I aren't really celebrating Christmas. Not in the traditional way anyway. Usually we have a Christmas tree, gifts, the works. This year our gift was Hawaii. No Christmas tree or presents. Just Christmas dinner, family and fun in the sun.

By the way, the Pacific looks great from the "lanai" :p

Who needs presents! :D

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
^^ Now Shirtless Obama sightings? :D

Just to clarify the whole equinox/solstice thing:

Equinox (equal night): Spring, days begin to get longer than night, and Fall, night begins to get longer than day.

Solstice (sun stops): Summer, sun appears to cease moving north and begins southward, and Winter, sun appears to cease moving south and begins moving northward.

I was just about to Wiki the difference. Thx for explaining. I used to know but lately I haven't been able to keep'em straight.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
I am going to be at my parents house and enjoying the holidays with my family. Heck I drove down there to my parents today.

Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I like seeing the tree. I was really excited when I set up my 4ft tree in my apartment and it just made my home feel like Christmas.

Like always I will have trouble sleeping tonight. I just love the holidays and spending time with the family.

And for the record I do not love Christmas for the gifts and things I get but just because of the holiday. I just like seeing gifts under the tree. I was very excited when I placed the gifts I bought for my family under my tree after I wrapped them. I love this holiday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.