Who is Returning iPhone 6 Plus because of Bendgate issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ansabakhan, Sep 29, 2014.

1. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

I am really considering returning all 4 of my iPhones 6 Plus (and just get a 6) because of this bendgate issue, wanted to know how many of you are thinking of the same thing?

2. reverberlayed macrumors regular

I wouldn't return it if I owned the 6 Plus because I don't think it is a big enough issue. I personally believe any issue with bending is user error.

3. caesarp, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014

caesarp macrumors 6502a

Umm. There is no issue. What are you talking about? All pieces of metal, including phones, bend when sufficient force is applied. Per scientific testing (see consumer reports analysis), there is no unusual or unexpected bend issues with the new iphones. If you apply 80 to 100 pounds of force to it in the right place (like many other objects) it can bend. So? That's perfectly normal and within acceptable limits.

The phones do not magically bend by sitting there, nor do they bend without a good deal of force being applied. So what is this "bendgate" thing you speak of?

p.s. You are probably a troll, seeking to cause trouble in the forums. Nobody thinks this is a "real" issue.

4. munakib macrumors 6502

I am returning all 8 of my iPhone 6 Plus because I am also paranoid like you. They are definitely going to bend, morgan freeman's voice revealed it into my ears last night. Also I didnt take AC+ as I am always very careful with my phones.

5. kalebnate macrumors 6502

6. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but you'd have to be absolutely absurd to return the 6 Plus for this issue. Screen too big, ok fine. But bendgate? It's a non-issue. Unless perhaps you're the type who walks around with your phone in your back pocket. Then maybe you want to reconsider. But that aside, just use the phone that you like the best. This is neither a design flaw nor a real issue.

7. Chatter macrumors 6502a

OMG you too? I heard Morgan's voice as well so all 16 of my 6+ will be returned today.

8. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

I didn't return my iPhone 5 when people were posting pictures of bent ones a couple years ago. Its still in perfect condition today. I expect the exact same result from my 6 plus.

9. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

There is no damn issue!

10. djgcue macrumors member

Quick go return it, because you believe everything you read on the internet. I read your phone will bend by looking at it!

11. Symtex macrumors 6502a

This "bendgate" is really a great social experiment. it demonstrate that fear mongering is a more effective method of spreading information than actual facts/science. Everyone knows about the Iphone 6+ "bendgate" but 99% of the population don't even know who is their congressman in their district and what they have vote for/against in the past 2 years.

12. GoofyCyborg macrumors member

Return it for a 6 while you can because once its bent everyone here will call you a liar and tell you to piss off over to android and apple will deny you any warranty claim.

13. ciscomata Suspended

ciscomata

Can't stop laughing!

14. Pjrufus macrumors 6502

Go ahead and return them, lots of folks waiting for one and will gladly take it off your hands.

Seriously, put the phone in a good case, and get on with it.

15. kalebnate macrumors 6502

Actually there is a guy here who reported a bent iPhone without putting any pressure on it and taking extra care. He might have said super powers.

16. physicsguy13 macrumors 6502

physicsguy13

I am keeping mine and I have faith that my phone will be replaced if it bends under normal use. The videos showing the weakness of the phone are not normal use, but I am sure that there will be cases where the phone will bend.

17. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

18. kojo0513 macrumors member

returning all 72 of my 6+ as we speak. China doesnt want them anymore.

19. kalebnate macrumors 6502

I raise you 142

I hope OP realizes how stupid this post is.

20. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

I'm returning both my arms. They bend way too easily.

21. studIOS5 macrumors 6502a

studIOS5

To be honest with you its one of the reasons I retured my 6 plus. I tend to wear slim jeans (not skinny jeans) quite frequently and the thought that the bending was even a possibly scared the hell out of me being a 750 dollar device and all...It was really the straw that broke the camels back though. I had been toying around with the idea of returning it for a 6 and holding my girlfriends iPhone 6 I realized I would be much happier with that size. I returned my plus last Wednesday (shipped it back to apple) and found a 6 on Saturday. Much happier. But do I think you should return your 6 plus purely for #Bendgate? Absolutely not..

22. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

In all seriousness, relax.
    Is bendgate a more widespread issue? Time will tell. And the only way you're going to tell is by using the phone, everyday.
    This is why the bendgate thing is crazy. Most videos are people intentionally trying to bend the phone, with a few possible "real world" incidents happening.

Will yours bend? Who knows? Maybe, maybe not. Just use it. If it does, take it from there.
    But don't jump a gun that hasn't even gone off yet.

23. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Well if you think that's gonna solve your problem you'll be sadly mistaken. I saw a bent 4.7 iPhone 6 at the Apple store on Friday. It's not immune to it. And I hope you realize the 4.7" model is NOT the same as the 6 plus. There are major features the 6 Plus has over the smaller 6.

24. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Not I. I dont make my decisions based on hype.

25. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Can we just drop the whole hypedupproblemGATE crap?

OP: Return your phones or don't. If you're unhappy with a large phone that will not withstand your ass applying pressure to it while sitting on it, then fine. The phone isn't going to magically bend one day. It is just silly to return something based on a preconceived worry that is likely not something you have to worry about at all.