Who is still waiting on the Ipad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gadget123, Apr 25, 2011.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

Who is still waiting for the Ipad 2 to be delivered? :D

2. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

I'm still waiting but not exactly waiting for my iPad 2 to be delivered. :eek: I'm waiting for a local store to have an iPad 2 in stock so that I can go and buy one. :D It definitely is a lot of "fun" waiting to be lucky enough to find one. :D

3. kcmo macrumors member

I just ordered online on 4/22 so I'm sure I'll be waiting a few weeks for delivery. In the meantime I've tried locally too but haven't had any luck :(

4. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Yep. It is very, very hard to find one locally & I speak from my own experience (although YMMV). :(

I've been searching for one at local stores (BestBuy, RadioShack, Target, & Walmart) for about 6 weeks now without any success. :) Had also queued up at the Apple store closest to my house for 5 times within the 1st 2 weeks of the iPad 2 release without success too, although I haven't tried my luck at the Apple store since. :eek: Yeah, I know. I'm just too cheap to spend the money on gas to drive to the Apple store & back. :eek: Been close a few times though. :D

5. jbud72 macrumors member

It is such a good feeling once you do get lucky and get one, though. I got mine a few days ago after searching locally for a while and I felt so successful lol.

6. kcmo macrumors member

Why not just buy one online from Apple? I will still try my luck locally, but I want a 32GB 3G ATT white one and I don't exactly think that's common. Oh well. Best of luck to you!

7. ani23 macrumors 6502

I had to buy from apple as it was a gift and i needed the engraving. Site says 1 to 2 weeks right now but not sure how true that is.

8. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Thanks for the well wishes. I really appreciate that & can definitely use some of the good luck. :)

I've considered that but I'll still have to wait for Apple to deliver it to me. :( Furthermore, I've already wasted so much time & money (on gas) searching for one at a local store that I'm not going to give up now. :D I mean I'm not gonna give up after doing this idiotic routine for 6 weeks. Surely, I can't continue to be that unlucky, can I? :rolleyes:

On second thoughts, I know the scalpers were given lots of stick for their actions & the people who bought from them were also being bashed badly. However, when I looked back at my situation, I cannot help but think that those people who bought from the scalpers may not have been that "stupid" after all. I mean the time & money (on gas) that I wasted these past 6 weeks were enough to pay for the markup those scalpers charge. :eek: Not only that, the time I wasted could have been used to earn some tiny amounts of extra cash too to "cushion" the blow of paying the "silly" markup. :) I guess if I can turn back the clock, I'll have just s**ked it up & paid the scalpers for an iPad 2 instead of doing what I've done & I would surely have gotten it 1 or 2 days after the iPad 2 release date! :eek:

9. kcmo macrumors member

Well you're more patient than I am, that's for sure! ;)

10. Mad Mac Maniac, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011

Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Don't beat yourself up too much on that last part. Hindsight is 20/20. No one could have predicted how things would turn out.

but I do need to reprimand you on your techniques. First of all, order online from Apple NOW. If you luck on to one within the next week weeks you can simply cancel your order. You are only helping yourself by ordering online.

Second of all. Waste of gas? You are doing it wrong. Phones were invented for a reason. Call the apple store. additionally, I know target and best buy both have tracking systems for inventory, and I think walmart does too. the target one is VERY good (up to date). That is actually exactly how I found mine!

Also when are you going to the stores? I'm sure you could have an iPad within 3 days if you went to the Apple store every morning at 9am every day. They get new stock every day. This may be an inconvenient time, but if you really have been actively driving to places for 6 weeks this is a quick way to do it

I hope my techniques help you out! But remember not to worry about your spilled milk. Just learn from that and adjust your habits accordingly! :)

11. SPEEDwithJJ, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011

SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

First of all, thanks for your advise & I really appreciate it. :)

Of course, I used the online inventory checkers ever since the links to them were put up in this forums. I've been checking them like every hour every day (when I'm awake & have access to a computer & internet connection). However, I always seem to arrive at the stores (where they showed "in-stock") a bit later than my competition. :D

I've made so many phone calls to these stores that I've simply given up. One reason is that I believe I'm not getting the truth most of the time from whoever is picking up the phone. A good example is my local BestBuy store. The lady who picks the call can even recognize my voice, but every time I called, she always gave me the standard "I'm sorry, we did not receive any stock" BS, even when the online inventory checker is showing that that BB stock has stock. :eek: However, I cannot blame her because I think that she must have been so sick of my calls checking iPad 2 inventory. :eek: Therefore, quite a few times, I had to just believe the inventory checkers are correct while doubting that the store employee who picked up the phone are not telling me the truth & take a chance by visiting the store personally. :)

I've also gone to a couple of Target stores that are about 90-120 mins drive (one way) from my home to try my luck when I saw that they have stock without luck. That's fine because I know that I wouldn't have much luck by the time I reached the store when I attempted that so I can only blame myself for being a complete idiot. :D

I've not tried the Apple store since the 1st 2 weeks as it takes me about 50 minutes (one way) to drive over & I've already wasted 5 trips queuing in the very early mornings without success. Sure, I can probably try my luck going to my "local" Apple store tomorrow morning. I think I may have a very high chance of snagging one but for now, I'm just going to attempt to find one at a store within 5-10 mins from my home. Hopefully, this will save me some time & money. :) Didn't a lot of people say that it is getting easier & easier to find an iPad 2 at their local (BB, Target, or Walmart) store?

12. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

Wow. You certainly are one unlucky dude.... I hate to say it, but I don't think the device is worth all that... And this is coming from an iPad lover.

Well in any event, I'm sticking to my order online recommendation. That way, even if your luckless streak continues you will be guaranteed one within 2-3 weeks :)

13. syclick macrumors regular

I have yet to find someone local with black 16GB Wifi models in stock.

14. chrisefaw macrumors newbie

chrisefaw

15. jbud72 macrumors member

Just order one now so that you are guaranteed to get one. Then, while you are waiting, you can try to look locally for one. The online order is very easy to cancel if you find one elsewhere. That's what I ended up doing.

16. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

That's what I have :) Not to rub it in, but to give you hope that it's possible! haha. Target tracker saved me. They had 5 of them in stock! I called before I headed over there and the guy confirmed it. I asked "Do you think you'll run out of them in the next 15 minues?!" (obviously sounding like a panicked 15 year old :p He kinda chuckled and said he didn't think they would. None of them were sold before I got there about 25 minutes later. It was also the ONLY kind they had in stock, and they had 5 of them. (about 2 weeks ago) So keep looking!

17. Hobbes. macrumors regular

Ordred April 8th, should have it sometime next week :)

18. Zeiss macrumors member

ordered one in Australia weeks ago - Macrumors will be advising 'near end of life - don't buy' before I get one.....

19. sineplex macrumors 6502

i still can't make up my mind which version to buy. . .

16, 32, 64 . . . wifi or 3g

20. krnboy503 macrumors regular

again, useless thread...

already threads of these exists.

21. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

Wow you certainly are lost! I'll give you my recommendation.

If you have a smartphone with Internet then IMO the wifi is plenty sufficient. The $130 fee plus $15 or $25 additional monthly don't make up for it. Just use your phone for quick things when out and about. Even better if u can tether!

And for storage. Well if you aren't automatically drawn to 64 for some explicit reason then I'd say stay away. You really don't need that much storage. Between 16 and 32 is up to your needs

I have 16 and that is enough. You don't need music on it. You dont need too many photos at any given time. You can't store a lot of things because there is no centralized file system. That basically leaves apps, most of which are small. Unless you want to put a LOT of games on. I have quite a few, probably 20-30 and I'm good so. Or movies, I dont have any movies on. But it's just what you need

22. rockinmorockin macrumors member

I returned mine today at Best Buy because of all the dead pixels it had. I'm going to wait a couple months. See how the HTC Flyer is cause android>iOS. Shame how many defaulted iPad 2s Apple shipped out.

23. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I'm still waiting for delivery from multiple stores, I have already bought a lot but am waiting for more.

24. andybrown44 macrumors regular

I ordered on 8th April (32GB white Wi-Fi only), supposed to be getting dispatched this week, latest it will be sent is this Friday. I check the order status on the Apple website a lot more often than is healthy/necessary.