Who ISN'T buying the iPad 3?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by whynotgotovegas, Mar 4, 2012.

1. whynotgotovegas macrumors member

Who isn't buying the iPad 3? I've seen so many threads on who is buying it, but none on who isn't. If you aren't buying it, why not? Personally, I'm not buying it because I just sold my truck to buy a brand new car and I'm putting every cent I have towards that. Plus, my iPad 2 does everything I want it to do. The only downside is, after a year or two, I'm worried that some apps are going to looks very awkward on the iPad 2 screen, because the iPad 3 screen is rumored to have exactly double the pixels that the iPad 2 has. None the less, I'm happy with my iPad 2 and will wait until the iPad 4 :). I just hope apple lets us iPad 2 users have Siri :X

2. Confuzzzed macrumors 68000

Confuzzzed

4 weeks ago I was all excited, ready to buy but since the A5X instead of A6 processor rumours emerged, I have decided to sit on the fence. Especially if there is any prospect of a smaller iPad (although I do appreciate the rumours have not been from entirely reliable sources) towards the end of the year. If the RAM is upgraded dramatically and the reviews of the processing power of the A5X are consistently positive, I may yet decide to buy the iPad 3 but as things stand, I am minded to sit this one out.

3. jkeith0919 macrumors member

I just got an iPad 2, so I will not be getting the 3.

4. nStyle macrumors 65816

I'm on the fence as well.

I'm interested to see how the new iPad is going to be introduced. It won't be the same without Jobs.

One deterrent for me is the thicker chassis.

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

0.8 mm thicker is seriously an issue for you?

With the extra taper, it'll feel and look the same/slightly thinner than the 2 from certain angles.

6. matttye macrumors 601

I can't justify buying one; just got an iPad 2 which I'm happy with.

My desktop pc may need replacing soon so I'd rather save my money for that if needs be.

7. HLW macrumors newbie

I'm not going to be buying it. I use my iPad mainly for web browsing and games, the current resolution is fine for web browsing, and it will be ages before there are many games that support the higher resolution - the iPhone 4 has been out over a year, and there are still games released which aren't at 'retina' resolution (and upscaled stuff looks all blurry, worse on a 4/4S than it does on a 3GS).

8. JagsFan829 macrumors member

JagsFan829

Wellllll.. only because I'm banking on getting the iPad 2 for a good deal.. it being my first iPad.

9. Eves apple macrumors member

I was looking to get one but if its just got the things that are rumoured so far then I'll pass, its a "just enough" update, we'll see if anything interesting gets announced.

10. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Was just (about 2 weeks) given an iPad 2 by a very good friend. No need for an iPad 3 at this time, or in the foreseeable future.

I'm still having a ball with my "new" iPad...:D

11. iamartimus macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Not gonna get it, and not even interested. I got my iPad 2 just about 4 months ago and love it. I got a iMac Christmas time and just hooked it up a couple weeks ago when my pc (gasp!) died. The only thing im looking forward to is the iPhone 5. My iPhone 4 had a home button that was dying fast, but I fixed it over a month ago with rubbing alcohol and it's been working good as new ever since. So just hoping it holds out until fall!

12. iamartimus macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Sorry, double post removed.

13. Doga macrumors regular

Doga

Like others above, I just bought an iPad 2 (mid-December) and it'll suit me just fine for the next while. Probably the iPad 4 will be out by the time I'm ready to move on from the 2.

14. Jasmynp macrumors 6502

Jasmynp

I'm on the fence. 4g lte sounds good but that's not significant enough for me to plunk down more dough. I. Really happy with my iPad 2.

15. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

I'm torn. I don't have an iPad anymore, having sold my iPad last year and moved to a Xoom. I enjoy the freedom of Android, 96GB of space, and Verizon including tethering from the tablet at no addition charge on Android devices but I'm missing the Apple eco-system. While I'm leaning toward not getting an iPad I may yet change my mind.

Cheers,

16. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

I won't unless my grandparents decide to buy it for me for graduation. I want the Retina display so badly! But I bought a 4S for nearly full price and an iPad 2 when it released. And a 2011 MBP...so I have no money left.

17. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

I will be getting it, I currently have a first gen and this 256mb of RAM is absolutely unbearable on ios 5.

18. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

im thinking about it. It would be my first iPad. But again, it depends on the improvements. If it is much better than the 2 [which is cheaper via refurb] than 3 it is. Otherwise, I might get the 2.

19. davidlw macrumors 6502a

just recently bought iPad2 so I am saving for new iPhone when released this fall.

20. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I haven't seen a reason to buy one, two or three yet. I do have a 4S.

21. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I'm not buying ipad3 until the second batch comes out. If the 3 is thicker, that's a deterrent for me as well. It better have A6 or something crazy and def retina display.

Did you just clean off surface of home button w rubbing alcohol? How did you clean it w out getting the interior drenched?

22. SlasherDuff macrumors 6502a

SlasherDuff

I have a perfectly good iPad 2 that still works, so I don't need the upgrade

23. Pinkie Pie macrumors regular

I couldn't betray my iPad 2. Oh, and I'm saving up to replace my MacBook. (U GUIZ, PRO OR AIR?!?!? :p)

24. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

It would take a serious "one last thing" for me to get one. I've had my iPad 2 since may. Mostly I use it for Netflix, Hulu, and iBooks. Yeah retina display would be nice but that alone isn't enough for me right now. This is my first iPad. I may just wait for iPad 4 unless they have something really good that we haven't heard rumored yet.

25. Cobster macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm not... But my job is buying one for me.. So my own iPad 2 are going up for sale once I get it....