Who ordered, but has a reservation at an Apple store just in case?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Anthony T, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

I ordered through AT&T, but I'm still going to keep my Apple Store reservation just in case there's some backorder issues.

Anyone else have a reservation with Apple as a back up plan?

2. NachoGrande macrumors 6502a

Good idea! Completely screw someone out of a phone on launch day..

Good for you!

Gawd, some of you people are totally insane.

3. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

we have some real class acts on these boards.

4. wishman35 macrumors regular

First of all, I did the same thing and how in the world is that screwing anyone out of a phone? If you are not sitting on your ass you can access the app and reserve one without a problem either.

You snooze you lose, why should someone be able to walk up there on launch day when we have been enduring hell today?

5. jtara macrumors 65816

I was going to go ahead and reserve for in-store pickup, since I've been unable to order on-line. Then, I would order on-line later and cancel the reservation.

But the reservation option seems to have gone missing from the Apple website now.

6. GreggM3 macrumors 6502

I actually started off with a reservation at an Apple store and then finally ordered through AT&T. Until I see a status that shows out for delivery I am not canceling my reservation. I don't trust AT&T with all of their system issues today.

7. Shaddow825 macrumors 6502

Haven't you already used up your eligibility by ordering at att? Reserving one at apple would only get you one at full price since your att order would be under way (possibly shipped and arriving the next day or something)

8. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I thought about doing this too. I'm still waiting to talk with the ATT rep to finish my in store order. Then i see posts of it being backordered. I've been trying since 5am. I'm beside myself. I'm tempted now to use the App to reserve. If the AT&T comes through i'll cancel the other. But if i already have the process started with AT&T, can i reserve one with Apple?

9. wishman35 macrumors regular

Exactly, with no guarantees in place for us to get phones on launch day...until I see a shipped status with delivery on 6/24... my Apple Store reservation will remain.

Anyone who endured this ******** from dawn until now deserves to get the phone on day 1... whichever way possible

10. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

********, most likely you all just sat on your asses on a computer. How's that not the norm for most of you ;)

11. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I did! Got my reservation first and then slugged through the ATT mess and got my order to go through and verified.

:eek:

If they show me already upgraded at ATT it will be problems at the Apple store

12. NachoGrande macrumors 6502a

If the stores have a limited stock and you are taking a spot that you have no intentions to buy then you are SCREWING a person from getting one. How can you NOT understand that?

13. Anthony T thread starter macrumors 6502a

I did the same, that's what I meant in my original post. Until I know my order has shipped, I'm not cancelling my reservation.

14. br1an425 macrumors newbie

Ok, there is not an unlimited supply of iPhones for launch day and they will run out. So, I am not quite sure how you don't see that you are screwing someone out of a phone. Because whether or not youre there, they are going to hold that phone on launch day and someone will be missing out.

15. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

It is really great news for buyers as you can go to the store on day 2 and they will have iPhon 4 units that were not picked up, now for sale!

16. wishman35 macrumors regular

When I went to the app after getting my AT&T preorder ... the price still showed $199 on the app.

I feel like the eligibility will not be taken away until the phone ships or is activated. And as long as that phone ships the day before launch for overnight delivery... all will be good.

If not, I will still have no phone shipped and be good to go for launch day pick up at Apple

17. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

Not only was i up at 5am but i went to the AT&T store and waited for over an hour, sent home without an pre-order since their system was down.

18. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

If he cancels his reservation, he's not screwing anyone. And even if he doesn't cancel his reservation, his reserved phones will be sold to the general public if he doesn't pick them up.

19. wishman35 macrumors regular

It is my understanding that there is about a 10-50% of getting AT&T to fulfill all orders for launch day delivery. If that phone is not shipped the day before launch, it will be cancelled and I will be going to use the reservation.

I will cancel the reservation the day before launch if I get a shipping notification, thus freeing up the spot... looks like you will get your phone that I am "screwing" you out of.

I see no ethical dilemma here at all. My apple store still has reservation spots galore I am sure ... if you want one, just get off your ass and do it.

20. admanimal macrumors 68040

If you don't pick up a reservation, they just sell it to someone else the next day. So the alternative way to look at it is that you are giving a phone to someone who walks in on June 25th probably thinking they have 0 chance of getting one.

21. Dfndr90 macrumors regular

Dfndr90

You are so very wrong, we are not screwing anyone.. If you do not pick up your reserved phone on the 24th, it will go to some one else on the 25th.

22. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Not gonna lie, I did this. Ordered at AT&T this morning at 6 a.m, reserved one just to be case about 20 minutes ago.

I'm going to hell, but for far worse reasons than this.

;)

23. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

So here is a question. For those who have done a reservation through the iPhone app, have you seen your credit card pre-authorized?

24. NachoGrande macrumors 6502a

Did you see my first reply? I said on LAUNCH DAY.

25. tjmrpm04 macrumors member

Wow some of you people sure have a holier than thou attitude. Screwing people out of a purchase is not really the right statement anyway. That would assume that there was a phone with their name on it waiting for them that they then couldn't get. That is not the case. There will be the reservation supply, and there will be the in store supply. Once the in store supply runs out, it is out. I am pretty sure that each store will be given a number of phones for general sale that is not reduced by the number of reservation phones.

Either way, why don't you go back to the Cheeto's and World of Warcraft games until you are called for dinner?