Who pre-ordered the iPhone 4S by phone? What's your status?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Arcadia310, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Arcadia310 macrumors regular

I'm just curious what your guys' status is. I pre-ordered my 4S on the phone with AT&T the day of pre-orders and have yet to receive any kind of e-mail about status updates or terms and conditions. When you order by phone will you they even email you regarding terms and conditions? What have you guys gotten so far?

2. Arcadia310 thread starter macrumors regular

3. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Ordered at 3:30 AM 10/7 via AT&T's site as a new customer.

[​IMG]

4. bmms8 macrumors 68020

OP, i am in the same boat as you. i ordered the 4S friday morning. i have yet to get email and status online comes up in an error.

5. Frankenstein macrumors member

I'm in the same situation. I wasn't able to set up a new family plan with ATT online, so I called when CS opened at 8:00 am Friday. My card was charged right away, but still haven't received any emails. Pretty nervous about actually getting it Friday even though the rep who ordered it read off his screen to me that it would be delivered on the 14th. I'm concerned that my phones are sitting in limbo off to the side in the warehouse waiting for me to approve the terms while everybody posting about their order status keeps jumping in line before me. :(

I called today after the 48 hours mark that they say you will receive the email and they said not to worry and to give it until midnight tonight...I'm not going to hold my breath.

6. Arcadia310 thread starter macrumors regular

Did you also order by phone? I added a line to an existing plan to get this phone. Rep said it would be shipped by the 14th but I haven't gotten any emails. Wondering if this is just the case for phone orders.

7. bmms8 macrumors 68020

Yes I did order the phone over the phone with AT&T Friday morning. You and the other poster are in the same boat as me, no email and status check does not work. Hopefully this means it's how it's working with phone orders. I hope to get my phone on the 14th! I'll keep this tjread updated as I hear things. Please update as well if you guys get new info.

8. Ricko101 macrumors member

I'm afraid it is. I also ordered by phone and I get the error

OS001: We apologize for the inconvenience. We cannot complete your request at this time. Please wait at least 24 hrs from placing your order, before checking the status of your order online. If the problem persists, please call us at 1-888-333-6651 for further assistance. NOTE: An email may have been sent to your email address on file. Please check your email which may have additional information about your order.

I did receive the Order Received email, asking to accept the Terms and conditions... But I still cannot view order status.

9. N23 macrumors regular

Ordered online around 12:30AM as existing customer, I have the same status.

10. hellomms macrumors regular

Hopefully you guys will get some sort of notification soon. I initially called to place an order through ATT Premier number and the csr person I was talking to must have started that Friday. She needed to be told the same info 3 times for her to get it right. Then she told me that there is an early termination fee if you cancel within 30 days. And that was the point at which I decided to just politely hang up and order online.

I am pretty sure if I had gone through with that lady, I probably would have been without email and updates. Not that I am saying this is what happened with you guys.

11. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I ordered an upgrade on one of my lines by phone to AT&T on Friday morning around 1015am.

My credit card got a buck put on it and then a hold for the correct amount of the upgrade went on immediately thereafter. I received an email asking me to accept terms and conditions sometime around 6:20pm. I did that around 6:50pm.

AT&T sent another email late that night, well it was actually around 12:45am Saturday morning, which I then read around 8 or 9am. It was headed AT&T - Wireless Order Confirmation. It showed the order number the rep had read off to me on Friday morning, and assigned a shipping order number. It showed my order as involving 1 each of a 64GB white iPhone 4S, "various sim" and freight. It said I would get another email with tracking information when they complete shipping my stuff.

So far so good, right. Then it provided a phone number to call if I wanted to check order status, and a link to the dreadful sinkhole known as https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/

So of course I tried the status checks. I kept getting Oops sorry for the inconvenience we can't find your order. When I tried the various phone options I got that as well, and today eventually tried the suggested alternate number and hit the wall of call us back Monday.

My eligibility on the line I'm upgrading was in limbo for a long time yesterday, it went from "eligible for full discount" to something like "cannot be determined." Now it says I am not eligible for an upgrade, and that my contract expires on 10/07/13. So I take that as a pretty good sign that AT&T and I are on the same page that I ordered an iPhone upgrade on that line and accepted a 2 yr contract.

However, it still will not show me my iPhone 4S order with the columns for qty shipped 0, qty ordered 1, qty backordered hopefully 0.

I have tried every combination of references possible at the website and on the status check phone number. I gave it landline number, and the number I'm upgrading, and the number of the other (primary) line on my family plan, order number, shipping order number, shipping zip code...

Some of the queries managed to fish up my November 2009 order for the iPhone 3GS, despite saying that it's only going to show me any orders placed in the past 60 days. And of course that 2009 order's status has everything marked "Shipped." I cannot get it to show me what I want to see which is the new order for my iPhone 4S with quantity shipped ZERO.

Hope that's useful info for someone. The whole thing is pretty convoluted. If you're still awake I'll make it worse with more info.

I almost suspect that the problem with not being able to see the order is that, as noted before, the line being upgraded is not my primary line. I can never log into my AT&T account to pay my bill using that wireless number of the line I'm upgrading. I have to enter my other line's number to get into my account. So to me that's a clue to what the problem may be. They don't let me enter my ACCOUNT number for an order status check, they want a wireless number, but the wireless number that "owns" the order doesn't "own" the account, the LG flip phone on my formerly-Cingular line "owns" the account and the 3GS is just an added line with an unlimited data plan, incapable of serving as a login key even to see its own usage data. Which is nuts, especially since I am listed as the one person who uses both lines. And then the other kicker that always prevents me from being able to upgrade online or at apple is that my zipcode is in a dead zone, so half the time AT&T web pages just say "sorry we don't serve you yet" and try to bail unless I log into my account or else provide the zipcode of the phone exchange I got for my phones which is the zip for a town about 40 miles away.

Well even my eyes are glazed over now so I'm off to bed. Happy Columbus Day to any other yanks on board. Good luck upgraders! :)

Anyway the bits of data that I can see do add up to a sense that I'll get an iPhone 4S, maybe even on the 14th, and that my bank and AT&T are squared away on the dough. But AT&T's order tracking system sure could use some rework on entity data relationships.

12. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i have yet to get an email, there is no status online, nor has my upgrade eligibility changed. :(

13. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

14. truthiness macrumors regular

ATT order via phone

Yesterday my 16GB black and 32GB black both showed backordered. This morning, only my 32GB shows backordered. I have a zero in my 'backordered' column now for my 16GB.

Cautiously optimistic.

15. bmms8 macrumors 68020

truthiness, when did you order? i am seriously hating ATT right now, ill never order a phone with them again.

their lack of information and reps who know nothing amazes me.

16. truthiness macrumors regular

Called via phone around 9AM EDT on 10/7 and my terms and conditions came in at 10:01EDT and I accepted them shortly thereafter.

17. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

So Im in the same boat as most others. When I track my order # it shows "Processing", Qty ordered 1, Backordered 1, and all three items (phone, sim & freight) are Pending Shipment. So for the heck of it I called At&t from my office and got a pretty cool guy on the phone (I figured most reps would be miserable at this point). I asked him if he could check the status of my order and let me know if all looked good. he said "no problem" and pulled up my order right away. He said everything looked good for a Friday delivery, and that the next thing I would get would be a "terms and conditions" email, followed by another email when it shipped that would contain the tracking info. My question is with the whole "terms and conditions" email. I see that some got it right away and others haven't gotten it. Does anyone know at what point in the pre-order process should that T&C email come? Like I said, I got my confirmation email saying that my "phone has been reserved with a ship date around the 13th", my card has the full amount of purchase on hold, and my order status shows "Processing/Pending shipment". The only thing I am missing is that T&C email. Is that something that EVERYONE gets? Is it for only new customers or customers adding a line? And at what point are you supposed to get it? Is it something that should come right away or does it come right before shipping?

If I don't see any updates by Wed., I am canceling my pre-order and camping overnight at my Apple store. I HATE pre-ordering anything that is in demand. You would think these big companies would have a better, more informative system in place to keep us up to date. I understand that the status window I get says "pending shipment & processing", and I guess that's good enough. But after reading everyones story I feel like we are all in "pre-order limbo". I just want to know if I am getting it on Friday or Not.

18. Krayzie116 macrumors 6502

don't mean to hi-jack this thread. but you guys order number like 13 numbers long?

19. bmms8 macrumors 68020

mine is 14, starts with 310. i might have one too many numbers. regardless nothing pulls up with my phone number online..

20. Krayzie116 macrumors 6502

Mine starts with 4103 i tried to check my order status using this link and i get this message

OS001: We apologize for the inconvenience. We cannot complete your request at this time. Please wait at least 24 hrs from placing your order, before checking the status of your order online. If the problem persists, please call us at 1-888-333-6651 for further assistance. NOTE: An email may have been sent to your email address on file. Please check your email which may have additional information about your order.

Order it the phone around 9am Mountain time friday, got a agreement and terms and didn't go through that agreement until saturday evening. Last night I got another email saying confirmation that the order but didn't give a date when it will be. it gave me a link to check the status but thats when i get that error message and I have another number they gave me in the email for the order number that is 6 numbers long it stars with 418

This is so crazy don't know what to do and I use my credit card too and i have good credit alway pay my bills on time

21. Frankenstein macrumors member

I agree, this process is awful. My thing is, despite reps telling you it will be shipped on time and other factors that should be comforting, I'm pretty positive they aren't going to ship a phone if the terms and conditions email haven't been accepted...and that window is closing rapidly if we expect to get it delivered on Friday.

22. J Griz 757 macrumors regular

J Griz 757

I ordered my white 32gb 4s around 515am est, no problems on apple's site.

I never got the second email everyone was talking about, but everything has been updating fin on the "your orders" part of the site, with my iPhone showing "preparing for shipment"

23. Frankenstein macrumors member

My order number is 14 numbers and starts with 110. I have a 6 number authorization number as well, but I'm not exactly sure what that is for.

24. tivoboy macrumors 68030

same

Same thing here. Ordered using 611, since I wanted to keep the 5$ footlong, which wasn't possibly on any of the online sites.

Got the T&C's, accepted them,

credit card has been charged the FULL AMOUNT

Nothing, online order doesn't show anything, or says cannot give info, or wait 24 hours.

I put in the order number, 4103xx nothing, cannot process your request.

When I CALL the online order support they say "this is a DMRD order, we can't help you, let me connect you" and then that line goes dead.

Now I have a new phone number to try and have been on hold for 30 minutes.

25. Frankenstein, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011

Frankenstein macrumors member

Just got off the phone with ATT for the 4th time since placing my order last Friday (now 77 hours ago) and the secondary sales support rep said, "No one who ordered the iPhone 4S over the phone on Friday is going to receive it on the 14th. The wait time for those orders is 21-28 days." Now, I don't feel like he really knows what is going on or how the process works, but wanted to pass that little sound byte along.

This is really going to be a huge PITA if I don't receive it this Friday since I will have to go out of my way to pick it up another day from fedex. I'll see how things go over the next few days this week, but unless things drastically improve within the next 24-48 hours, I may consider canceling and waiting in line Friday.

Edit: I called my local ATT store and they said if the order is in process then canceling is not an option. Therefore, I am officially at the will of ATT and their AWFUL pre-order process. :( I have a bad feeling they are processing telesales orders after online orders for some reason and that we will not get our phones for several weeks.