Who regrets their 6 Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mncmoore, Sep 20, 2014.

1. mncmoore macrumors regular

mncmoore

Don't get me wrong I love the screen size and I have big hands, but it's really big and was actually debating getting the 4.7 screen. But decided not too. It's a beautiful phone but it's just kinda hard to hold on to it. Maybe it will just take a little time to get used to. Anyone else in this boat.

2. string3599 macrumors newbie

3. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

Really again??? I think it's just that there are already more threads asking this question than I'd like to count.

4. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

Omg you make this forum unbearable. Go somewhere else

5. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Who regrets clicking on this thread?

Poll:

[ ] Yes
    [ ] Ohmygod so much yes!
    [ ] I will never get these 2 minutes of my life back

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Now members who start dedicated threads bemoaning their problems rather than contribute to the buttload of existing ones are getting more annoying than "Cool story bro" posters.

7. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

If this is such a useless thread, read it and move along. You don't own MR, so stop the senseless complaining about thread topics.

In fact, your responses keep the thread alive and well. It's amazing you have the energy to complain but lack the capacity to just move on along. Jeez!

8. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

The only thing that creates these threads annoying are those that come here and have nothing constructive to say other than...lord, another one of these posts? maybe if that didn't happen, then people wouldn't have to search and search.

9. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

Many people like the plus and many are regretting it. If you don't like the plus you should definitely get the 6 as soon as possible rather than to put up with a phone that's too big for you.

10. JeffDM, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014

JeffDM macrumors 6502a

"hard to hold onto"

I don't buy that. I felt the iPad mini is comfortable to use, I don't think the 6+ should be a big deal at all.

However, opinions can vary, so if you don't like it, I think you can return the device back in over the next 2-4 weeks, depending on contract, product return laws, etc. You might be out some money though, restocking fee might apply, and there is a bogus (IMO) non-refundable sign-up fee, at least for several US carriers.

I think what's really bizarre is to buy an expensive device without trying it first. It's a rather personal device and you're buying it for daily use.

11. Macalway macrumors 68020

This is an interesting question.

I was wondering myself whether this wasn't a case of "Biting off more than you can chew"

resulting in a lot of dissatisfaction.

12. GrumpyMom macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

There are random comments scattered throughout the forum that indicate you're not alone in your concerns. I've got the 6Plus on order from AT&T but have no idea when I'll see it...she said with a tinge of bitter envy ;).

I know it's not a readily pocketable form factor. For me the 4s was "the one" for that purpose. I struggle with the 5s a little. I'm moving on now with the idea that I'll be focusing on different benefits now that the ease of carry and quick on the fly use are gone to me. I'm going to need the bigger screen for GPS navigation, for example. That's something I can't do comfortably with my 5s.

I've got a lot of other reasons and uses for the IPhone 6Plus vs 6 that I won't bore you with. It's up to you to think through your own reasons and try them out. But do give yourself at least a week to adjust.

As I was composing this post I pulled back to check the topic and saw all the flames. And your response, though understandable, was rather offensive. Can you edit that word out please. The rest of you...why do you read threads and further waste more of your time posting in threads you think of as a waste of your time? It's illogical.

13. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

What's a pizza peel?

14. JWorld127 macrumors 6502

JWorld127

Lmao

15. mncmoore thread starter macrumors regular

mncmoore

So you want me to scroll forever to find a post that I haven't found yet and reply. Smh

16. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

anthonymoody

Actually, there's an ingenious function, built right into this very site. It's called "Search" and there's even a dedicated bubble form for it!

SMH

17. andrewxie macrumors member

I would say something you might wanna hear.
    Phone sizes are different from person to person. I don't think hand sizes are that important. The right size is really depends on how you use the phone really. For instance, if you wanna combine iPad mini with your phone, then 6+ is a good fit. However, if you just wanna new iPhone and fits in almost every pants you have, and you never experienced those big androids, 6 is the one to go.
    Go to a store and try both, your gut will tell you.

18. Chefelvis macrumors member

19. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

Yeah, what is a pizza peel? Is it a bad thing?

20. sallenthornton macrumors regular

I don't regret the purchase, but it's bigger than I expected. Right now, I'm pretty content with this device. Loving the screen and the keyboard is easier for me to type on now.

21. cynics macrumors G4

Its the huge spatula used to take a pizza out of an oven. You see them in restaurants that make fresh pizza and used with brick house ovens. Its generally not a bad thing. :)

22. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

CAn't say I regret it. But I'm not used to it now. I like watching netflix on the bigger screen and don't mind the feel of it in my pocket. But it is not comfortable to hold yet. Maybe I'll get used to it. Guess I need to give it more than half a day!

23. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

24. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

You don't use a tablet the same way as you do a phone.

25. anthonybkny macrumors 6502

anthonybkny