Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
Imagine a new type of tissuse, better then them other ones, Apple revinvents the tissue, the iTissue lol :D

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Apple logo on box, though tissues actually come off the same manufacturing line as all the others, there's at least a 20% price premium.

scotthayes

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Planet Earth
but they wouldn't fall apart and go all soggy when you used them for their intended purpose i.e fill them with snot...

Oh and how the hell did Michael survive again :eek:

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Poor Raif (Rafe? Raphe?). Didn't expect to see the other guys win, though in hindsight it was a bit obvious.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
Oh those would have the condensation problems FOR SURE! but because of the :apple: logo a bunch of people would say that you're just using them in the wrong climate or something.

That Michael kid is sure lucky. What a worthless asstard... but most of them are.

I like Lee and Claire has grown on me. Lucinda is just ok, but what a stubborn pushy brat. And what is with the permanently smug/indignant look on her face?

lucinda.jpg

I love when they do those aerial night shots of london. There was one bit that was especially cool, I tried finding the bit on iPlayer but couldn't. got this though...

m25.jpg

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
A guy from my office was in the show at the very end when they were previewing next weeks car episode. He was one of the peeps they were trying to flog their car club thing to. No doubt there will be more of him next week.

scotthayes

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Planet Earth
Oh those would have the condensation problems FOR SURE! but because of the :apple: logo a bunch of people would say that you're just using them in the wrong climate or something.

That Michael kid is sure lucky. What a worthless asstard... but most of them are.

I like Lee and Claire has grown on me. Lucinda is just ok, but what a stubborn pushy brat. And what is with the permanently smug/indignant look on her face?

Same here with Clare, thought she was just a gobby cow to start with but seems to be the best of that bunch of useless morons.

A guy from my office was in the show at the very end when they were previewing next weeks car episode. He was one of the peeps they were trying to flog their car club thing to. No doubt there will be more of him next week.

Missed the preview of next weeks show, what car club are they doing?

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Don't know what it's called, but it looks like it's just one of those car clubs where you pay x thousands a year to be a member, and in return get a certain amount of days back where you can take our one of their very expensive sports cars.

scotthayes

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Planet Earth
Don't know what it's called, but it looks like it's just one of those car clubs where you pay x thousands a year to be a member, and in return get a certain amount of days back where you can take our one of their very expensive sports cars.

How hard can that be??? Surely it's a case of "Excuse me, if you give me £5,000 a year you can drive one of our Ferraris or Aston Martins for 20 days a year" could sell that to the not mega rich city folks all day long.

Oh and I'm guessing at the prices, of course if it's 10-15 grand a year then that would be a different story.

Oh, and wahoo, my 1000th post :D almost feeling I belong here now.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
I just watched and i thought rafe's team made a better pitch. How Alex's team won with that 'this tissues are anti-bacterial" rhetoric of an ad...i will never know. Then again rafe's team didn't convey the product which was the point.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
I just watched and i thought rafe's team made a better pitch. How Alex's team won with that pitch...i will never know
They didn't win the pitch, Raef's teams was clearly better. Their problem was they almost entirely missed the point of what the product was in their TV ad.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Yeah...shame really. I guess its down to the ladies, Lucinda or Claire. I was thinking maybe Lee but i get the feeling he's not creative enough, he's more of a hands-on type and i don't think its enough to get him through.

Then again seeing as rafe was fired i wouldn't be all that surprised if the great mike won...its crazy enough to happen

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
I watched it at about 3 am on the iPlayer. And when the bought up the point about the product it was quite clear as I can still remember from Alex's advert that it is an antibacterial tissue where as thinking back over Raef's I can only remember the small image of the tissue box at the bottom.

I loved it how Raef's team could hardly contain themselves from laughing during Alex's advert and then went on a lost :D

S

I remember seeing in an earlier episode a Zonda which didn't feature in that epsidoe which confused me but from what I recall from next weeks preview there is a Zonda in that so perhaps it was an errant edit.

From what I recall there is going to be a Zonda, Koenigsegg, Spyker, some sort of Ferrari, an Aston and probably some others.

edit: Here is the preview clip from the Beeb's site

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Just a warning for The Apprentice fans out there it is on tonight (50 minutes) rather than on Wednesday like usual.

From the latest clip, I would say that if Michael is on the losing team he has to go. Usual forceful sales technique.

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
From the latest clip, I would say that if Michael is on the losing team he has to go. Usual forceful sales technique.

Ah, Michael. As my brother would put it: he's that big of a wanker he needs to use both hands. :D :eek:

Please let this be the week...

scotthayes

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Planet Earth
Thank **** the "odious little ****" has finally been fired.

now looking forward seeing what Adrian Chiles has to say to him.

And loved the way he chased that bloke down the street... classic TV

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I let out a huzzah!

Felt sorry for him in You're Fired though. Good to see the Badger back :D ducky.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.