Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
I loved it because it was a bit more of a slap in the ridiculous crocked face of Lucinda. She was genuinely SO damn annoying.

I am hoping for Claire and Alex. (never thought I'd say that but there ya go)

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
I saw it and it was fun to see them grilled buy the interviewers. I thought the lady was the softest, 'shrink' type of interview whilst Paul was the most likable...yet serious of all of them. The baldy was definitely not taking any prisoners, i love how he yelled at Alex for playing the age card a little too much.

Lee cocked up but i cant say i'm surprised, its evident he's the least educated and he has hang ups about it

Helen's woman in male environment rhetoric got old quickly and apparently she has a lot of balls. Balsy balsy balsy....blahsy blahsy...zzzzzz

Also yeah Lucinda wasn't doing herself any favors and it was the right decision to let her go although i didn't like how Alex & everyone turned on her the boardroom. Also letting the 4 stay was kinda good/fair. At least no one can say Sir Alan didn't give people a chance

From what i saw of next week's episode previews i think Claire won it and Alex/Lee crumbled. Since Alex crumbles Helen automatically gets fired.

Thats my guess anyway

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
^ totally agree.

And while I might have liked Lee to start with, he really just repulsed me this last episode. He's dumber than a rock and his really rough looks and attitude just showed more than ever. I mean, WTF? USE SPELLCHECK! Don't lie THAT dramatically on your CV. He was always out of his depth but more than ever he just seems an inappropriate choice. I don't think there's any way to clean him up.

Claire and her grating voice, FTW!

By the way, I love your avatar, daneoni. :)

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
^ totally agree.

And while I might have liked Lee to start with, he really just repulsed me this last episode. He's dumber than a rock and his really rough looks and attitude just showed more than ever. I mean, WTF? USE SPELLCHECK! Don't lie THAT dramatically on your CV. He was always out of his depth but more than ever he just seems an inappropriate choice. I don't think there's any way to clean him up.

Claire and her grating voice, FTW!

By the way, I love your avatar, daneoni. :)

Why thank you...it loves you too :D

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
I have a tooth implant ;)

Lee is very embarrassed about his education and it makes him feel like he doesn't deserve being there. Yes should've used spell check, yes he shouldn't have lied on his CV but there is more him then there is to Helene.

I think Alex got a real boost from the interview stage, although Clare will be hard to topple.

AdeFowler

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2004
England
I've developed a crush on Clare :eek::confused:

If I recall correctly, I don't think a team actually wins/loses next week; any of the 4 at the end can be Hired (no one gets Fired), but I'm probably wrong.

My money's on Alex (he's only 24 don'tcha know?)

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
I've developed a crush on Clare :eek::confused:
For shame.
If I recall correctly, I don't think a team actually wins/loses next week; any of the 4 at the end can be Hired (no one gets Fired), but I'm probably wrong.
Nope. There will be 2 teams with 2 finalists in each team. Both will immediately be fired in the losing team, then another fired from the winning team, leaving 1 winner.
My money's on Alex (he's only 24 don'tcha know?)
Meh, I still think he's a complete tosspot.

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
Picture 1.png

So who do we believe will 'win' tonight's final?

My prediction is Claire.

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
I swear, if Alex mentions the fact that he's "only 24 years of age" once more I'm going to climb inside the TV and slap him!

scotthayes

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Planet Earth
Clare to win and nothing else happens and Margaret pulls this face :rolleyes:

I swear, if Alex mentions the fact that he's "only 24 years of age" once more I'm going to climb inside the TV and slap him!

Only took him 5 minutes to mention it... So what does the inside of the TV look like :D

UPDATE: Oh s***, that means Karren Brady will be offering Clare a job at Birmingham City...

For the 3rd year on the trot he has hired the weakest of the final two.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Yey for Lee! I half liked him but I never imagined him winning.

Fell asleep through Alex's "You're Fired" bit the boring monk. But I was actually quite tired. Heh.

So that's it for another 3/4 of the year :(

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
Did anybody else see the "You're Hired" special after the programme and think that Srallan came across as somebody who'd realised that he'd made the wrong decision for his apprentice?

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Did anybody else see the "You're Hired" special after the programme and think that Srallan came across as somebody who'd realised that he'd made the wrong decision for his apprentice?

I think he showed that he would have more work rather than the more polished Clare however I feel that on the whole he deserved it but then again he was the underdog and as a Brit I had to support him.

Lucinda was a bitch during You're Fired, I think it was universally accepted that she was a bit of plop.

Victoria Wood is just atrociously bad at life.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Good on Lee. I'd have been happy for Claire or Lee to have won, but I did think that Lee needed this chance more. Claire will make it on her own...she was on £85k+£27k bonus in her last job anyway.

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
My dad thought Claire would win and I got it right (I knew Lee would get it!), maybe I should have placed a bet :p (If you have seen the final you should get the bad joke ;))

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
I just saw it (yeah i know im a little late), i found it ironic that Alex's team got fired for the same reason Rafe got fired. Good product but not marketable. To be honest i think claire should've have won it. She is definitely the stronger candidate but then again lee needed it more. Congrats to him though.

I still would've have like Rafe to win it overall but any of the final two are good choices.

Maybe Sir Alan likes hiring the underdog...meh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.