Who sold their old iPhones' in preparation for the iPhone5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OutSpoken, Sep 20, 2012.

1. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

and how much did you get?

I tried to sell my iPhone 4 with boxed accessories to CEX store yesterday, what a waste of my time, the first guy i showed it too said it was worth £182 from the fisrt initial check he graded it a 'B' basically an iPhone 4 thats in good condition. I had to leave it there for further testing as they were busy with other items waiting to be tested. When I returned later that day gleefully hoping to pick up the 182 crispies! I was served by another employee saying she couldn't accept the phone as the back casing was able to move by 0.01 of a mm! :eek: I looked at her like...seriously!?!? she looked at me like, yeah, sorry its silly and said that they wouldn't be able to sell it like that with their warranty! I'm sorry but that to me is a BS excuse!

I just cant get over their reasoning. Its a secondhand phone! they SELL secondhand goods! of course there will signs of wear and tear... what would they prefer an iPhone with a face full of scratches like the ones they have on display?

anyhoo, im happy to report I walked straight out of there and went across the road and sold my 16GB iPhone 4 for £180 to a local high street sell/exchange store.:D

So how have you guys done? the online recycle banks were offering me at time £166. I know I could have probably gotten more on ebay or something...but tbh I just wanted a quick and simple cash sale.

2. cur712 macrumors newbie

I've been trying to sell my 4s! A couple of weeks ago the mobile phone recycling companies were offering around £300, but I wanted to keep my phone until I got the new one because I couldn't live with my old Blackberry!

I've put it on eBay now, the auction finishes on Monday but my iPhone 5 comes tomorrow. I've been getting offers as low as £100, I nearly cyber-drop kicked those mo fos!

3. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I sold my 64GB 4S on eBay and it sold for $445 before eBay fees. I am using a flip phone until tomorrow and hating it!

4. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

$286 on eBay.
    Unlocked 32GB iPhone 4.
    Somebody first bought it for $375 and then reneged so it wasn't hassle-free.
    I had to relist and wait for the second auction to finish.

5. OutSpoken thread starter macrumors 6502a

£100! for an 4S...the dirty......!

The problem I'm facing which I didnt think about at the time is that, I'm on Three network and of course I can't just pop my sim into any phone hanging about as it needs to be a UMTS capable handset... I learnt that lesson the hard way yesterday, when unlocking an old sony-ericsson dumb-phone and thinking i could just pop my 3 sim in...:(

..and my iPhone 5 doesn't deliver until the week Oct 3rd. I don't know whether to ride it out with no phone or do as my wife said and just buy a cheap pay as u go.

6. Brad02 macrumors regular

Sold my 16gb 4S with applecare for $425. Selling one 16gb 4 to a friend for $200 when my wifes 5 comes in friday. eBay trade is giving me $200 for another 16gb 4. Have a 32gb 4 on eBay auction going for $237 on last day should reach more probably $275.

7. rivryan macrumors member

Sold my 1 yr old 4s 16g for $350 on craigslist, getting iphone 5 16g for $450....$100 for the iphone 5? ILL TAKE IT.

Been using a crap pantec in the meantime

8. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Oh the joys of eBay...not!

The buyer went to Brazil and her sister, who was supposed to sign for it, decided not to wait for the mail and found a door tag. They have 15 days to pick it up. Problem is the signature is supposed to be hers (she's in Brazil) and who knows if the Post Office will allow her to sign for it.

They already paid and I'm eligible for seller protection, so I'm not overly concerned. Worst case scenario, they'll ship it back to me and I'll be out maybe $20.

If only my wife wanted the iPhone (weird right?) I would have rather given it to her. Oh well.

9. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

It is costing me money...

I had to buy a new case for it since my wife wants her own case (my black commuter case just won't do). So not only do I have to get rid of the old phone (to my wife) but I had to buy a new case as a send off...

I still think I got the better end of the deal ;)

10. Xengo macrumors newbie

£325 for an iPhone 4S 64 GB via o2recycle.co.uk - was £305 but they price-matched another of their competitors.

Placed my order with them on the 11th September - they honour the quote for 14 days so figured I'd have enough time to switch before sending it off.

11. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

Sold my 32GB iP4 for $250 to Amazon this week. Prolly could have gotten more elsewhere but the extra $ is not worth the hassle for me.

12. akwebe04 macrumors newbie

Feel ya buddy.. Sold my iphone 4 about 2 weeks ago and using my 10 year old Nokia flip phone in the mean time.. Getting that micro sim to fit in that huge sim spot was a biatch and I feel like I Zack Morris using it

Attached Files:

13. ThunderApple macrumors 6502

$280 cash for my iPhone 4 32GB unlocked. Using my 3GS until tomorrow. Feels so slow.

14. logicpro7 macrumors 6502a

Sold a black 16gb 4 in good condition for £200 cash and sold my white 16gb 4s on ebay last week for £360 in as new condition.

15. vijay007 macrumors regular

Sold my unlocked iPhone 4 32 GB for $350 and my wife's unlocked iPhone 4 16 GB for $270 thorugh Craigslist. Going to buy two iPhone 5s tomorrow :)

16. johnnyi macrumors regular

I am selling mine on monday when my number transfers over. Being offered £160 for a 32gb iPhone 4.

17. TheOriginalKi macrumors 6502

£270 odd from Envirofone for my 16GB 4s. Placed the order on pre-order day and will post it off to them tomorrow or so as it doesn't need to be with them until 27th.

18. RenoG macrumors 65816

Traded my blk unlocked 4 16g for blk ipad3 16 (unwanted gift) back in June. Currently using my old slow as a dog 3g.

19. Captainobvvious macrumors 6502

I sold my 16gb 4S on Gazelle for $277... No fees, no shipping, no hassle, they even send you a postage paid box... Plus they lock in the price for 30 days so I have sold them my iPhone and am still using it. Wont send it back until the new one comes in. No forms or listing. A few clicks and you're done... and if you find a better deal you can cancel the order any time.

Been a big fan of Gazelle.

20. midtownhd macrumors member

I sold my 2-year old iPhone 4 for $250 two days ago.

21. scottphillips88 macrumors member

I sold both of my iPhone 4 models (not 4s) 3 days before the iPhone 5 announcement on a local classified ad.

Mine: 16GB Black called to have it factory unlocked $350 cash.

Wife's: 16GB Black called to have it factory unlocked $200 (Screen cracked front and back!)

Paid for a 32GB and 16GB iPhone 5 that will be here tomorrow!

22. djearlybird macrumors regular

Sold my factory unlocked 4S on ebay for $560 2 weeks ago. Using a 2005 blackberry and hating every minute of it. Just hope I have luck tomorrow at the AT&T store with getting one.

23. Nathan21585 macrumors member

That is me too. I sold the 3GS I had for $150 and have been using an old go-phone that I had lying around. It is terrible.

24. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Lucky for me, I have no friends. Since Monday:1 phone call and 1 text from my wife. I kept checking with AT&T to see if the phone was broken. Sadly, it was not.

Thank God for iMessage as the one person who texts me has an iPhone.

25. mzd macrumors 6502a

i have a question, if you sell your iPhone before you get the new one, what happens to your coverage plan? i'm on AT&T and i don't want to mess up my plan. 2GB data + 200txt (both no longer available).
    the data plan is dependent on an iPhone.
    am i safe as long as i activate the new iPhone in a few days, or will i lose my plan once my sold iPhone is activated on another person's plan?