All iPads Who still loves their iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RedRaven571, Nov 14, 2013.

1. RedRaven571 macrumors 65816

RedRaven571

I do! :D

I see no reason to run out and get the latest iPad until either my iPad 2 dies, or is unable to run apps that I really want.

2. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

I still love mine too! Only reason I'm getting rid of it is to get the smaller form factor (mini).

3. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

Losing all the value of your once 500$ tablet is enough to get me to upgrade ever one to two years. Putting that extra 300-400 towards something new instead of dishing out 500$ If it does I fact die on you seems better to me.
    I did like my 2 until I saw a retina ipad.

4. Markyyy macrumors regular

I got an iPad air to replace my iPad 2. But I took the air back because it had a black speck under the glass, so I'm back with my iPad 2, and it's still alive and kicking :)

5. Fireball Dragon macrumors 6502a

Fireball Dragon

Love is a subjective term. If it works for you, rock on!

I personally prefer the retina screen now, but I know people that don't mind either way.

Either way, the ipad 2 is a classic!

6. kap09 macrumors 6502

Loved mine for 25 months before finally picking up the Air. It did everything I wanted it to do but the Air was finally enticing enough. Absolutely nothing wrong with them if you see no compelling reason to upgrade

7. sarakn macrumors 6502a

sarakn

I'm still loving my iPad 2 but will add the ipad air to my list of loves this evening.

My ipad 2 was a gift and at 16GB it was not enough room. I've kept it for almost 2 years though and it has served me very well. I'll hang on it as it as my 'baking' ipad - it will probably be relegated to kitchen duties.

8. xraytech macrumors 68020

9. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

My youngest daughter now has my iPad 2 but I STILL do love it. Best tablet ever.... I regularly check up on the kid to make sure shes taking care of it, keeping it charged, etc, etc.

It will always be my baby and a damned fine tablet!

10. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I dont even remember what I did with my iPad 2. I did give both my mom and dad ipad2's.

11. Corey Gibson macrumors newbie

Use it every day. Still have the original iPad as well. Got that one 2 months after they had first come out. Guess you could say I'm OG.

12. sabr macrumors newbie

i had too many wifi problems with my ipad 2. just upgraded to the ipad air through the Target promotion. really happy with it.

13. sammy-boy macrumors regular

I did have an iPad 2 - got it from my wife when she got an iPad 3 3G (which she still has and loves) but I sold it to my sister in law and immediately regretted it. Thought I'd be happy with a Nexus 7 but didn't find it as responsive or intuitive and have a few foibles of its own too.

I now have a 1st gen Mini which I also love instead!

14. Mikes2pads macrumors regular

I'm a little embarrassed to say I have 3.
    My 2 is rock solid and probably the best made device of all pads made. IMO SJ has much to do with that.
    My ipad 3 is kickin butt and ipad air is nice.
    I rather keep them and look at them years from now.
    Right now I'm posting this from my 3 , running Led Zeppelin on my air and my 2 goes out with me in the car quite a bit. Great wifi strength on my 2 while I wander. My cable network has I believe some 15 thousand hot spots to pick up on. It's hard to not find one.
    Ipad 2 is rock solid. I wonder if the battery can be replaced in it,
    Makes wonder about the 3 and the Air also. Just curious.

15. v0lume4 macrumors 65816

v0lume4

I do! To be honest, it absolutely crawls performance-wise sometimes, but I certainly have a cool connection with it, having it for so long. However, it's just about time to replace it with the Air.

Besides, coming from the 2, the Air is going to seem like a HUGE upgrade :D

16. Royksöpp macrumors 6502

Royksöpp

I loved it until I got the Air. I thought about selling it, but I paid 400 for it and 200 seems like too much of a loss for me. I kept it for my parents to use and as a backup in case something happens to my Air.

17. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Sounds like me... I have soooo many older gadgets that are worth more to me than the money I'd get if I sold them.

BTW, cool name... cool music :)

18. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

i gave my iPad 2 to my parents when i upgraded to the iPad 3. the other day i was at their house and needed to use it and i was pulling my hair out it was sooooo slow lol.

19. SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

Mine works just as well as when I first got it June 2011. It is used as a TV in our kitchen and for games and learning stuff for the kids. My wife and I mainly use our iPad 4's for everything else, at least until I get my retina mini today.:)

20. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68020

SactoGuy18

Alas, while I liked my iPad 2, the higher weight and the fact video streaming doesn't work well unless you're fairly close to the wireless router is why I have sold it and now have a superior iPad Air. :)

21. richardmu macrumors 6502a

Got the Air on launch day a it is an excellent tablet. However, I still have my 2 and use it regularly.

Not a huge difference between the two for what I use them for and even the weight feels similar. The Air in a Smart Case and the 2 with just a thin TPU back cover.

Going to check out the new mini today. Feel it's going to be an expensive month!

22. dave420 macrumors 65816

I'm sure the iPad 2 still works great. I was happy with my first generation iPad, but I took advantage of the trade-in deal at Target.
    The iPad Air is great, but the older one had some advantages too. It had a jailbreak available, and even though the resolution wasn't as good I thought the screen looked better at an angle than the Air.

23. csrini1 macrumors regular

I switched to air from ipad2, once you see the retina screen there is no going back to ipad2.

24. bambooshots macrumors 6502a

Expensive year for me!

MBA 13 i7/8GB/512.
    iPhone 5s 64GB
    iPad rMini 32GB LTE.
    iPad mini 16GB (this was earlier in the year for a gift).

Yikes.

25. AppleRocks2011 macrumors member

AppleRocks2011

Love the 2, and the Air

I had a 64GB 2 and a Mini up until launch day for the air. I found having 2 iPads was inconvenient because it was a little more disorganized.

But, I loved the iPad 2. It was perfect. It would always do what I wanted and it never got slow. I just missed Retina display on my favourite game, Infinite Flight.

I'm glad I got the Air. It's gorgeous.