Who Upgraded From the 6SPlus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by numbersyx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. numbersyx, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016

numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

Friends,

I managed to reserve a Jet Black 7+ which is now sitting on my desk. I have a Gold 6S+ and am wondering if the upgrade is really worth it and am considering returning it. Are there any forum members who upgraded from a 6S+? If so, do you regret it or are you content with the purchase?

2. ANTAWNM26 macrumors 6502a

ANTAWNM26

It has to be a thread on this already damn

3. numbersyx thread starter macrumors 65816

numbersyx

Just trying to get some helpful advice from the helpful forum family.

4. StaceyMJ86 macrumors 65816

StaceyMJ86

I upgraded and I'm content. I'm still trying to get used to the home button. I don't regret my upgrade at all.

5. jettie1767 macrumors 6502

6. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Of course it's worth it. Check out the 'iPhone 7 plus photography' thread. Bokeh is awesome!

7. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Only way you can base if it's worth it or not for YOU or whatever has it will be to try it.

8. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

The upgrade was worth it to me. No regrets at all.

9. Freakonomics101 macrumors 65816

Freakonomics101

Waiting for the 7s Plus. I wouldn't be able to stand the camera stutter with the 7+ when going from a dark environment to a light environment.

Currently using a 6s+

10. OriginalAppleGuy macrumors 6502a

OriginalAppleGuy

I did. And I am LOVING it! For me, definitely worth the upgrade.

11. melman101 macrumors 68030

12. Shadowbech macrumors 601

I upgraded from 6S Plus to the 7 Plus only because I planned on switching carriers. So far i Love it and worth the upgrade.

13. RansZ28 macrumors regular

RansZ28

I had a 6 then 6s and now the 7. I love it and super happy!

14. M5RahuL macrumors 68030

M5RahuL

This is more of a ' I want to just because...' device coming from a 6S+, IMO.

I like it, but had I kept the 6S+ ...I'd would have been just as happy. I like the camera and solid state home button, but miss the headphone jack in .. so .. there's a trade off.

15. Rayy42 macrumors 6502

Rayy42

Personally I would say all who have a 6 Plus device or newer can probably afford to wait if device usage is moderate.

The reason I say 6 Plus and not just 6 is the difference in the camera technology and battery life found in the Plus.

I am loving my matte black 7 Plus 128GB but after using it for a week and a half I really think I could have gotten away with keeping my old 6 Plus.

The only incentive for me to switch was because I got a trade in promotion of $650 for my 6 Plus in the form of a bill credit so it was an offer I couldn't afford to pass up.

16. Rocko99 macrumors member

I did. I would not waste the upgrade if you have one. It's a great phone, but I would have been content with my 6S Plus.

17. Dormammu macrumors 65816

Dormammu

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    here here! :apple:

I do not regret my upgrade at all.

18. IconIc215 macrumors 6502

Coming from someone who always buys the latest iteration of the phone I would say it is worth it. Don't expect it to head and shoulders above the 6S Plus though. If you go through the carrier plans it almost doesn't make sense NOT to upgrade every year as that is the purpose of those. As I mentioned, I am happy but not totally blown away with it. There are some noticeable upgrades such as the speakers, the screen (if you didn't get a piss yellow one), and of course the camera. I have no regrets because in 10 months I will have the next version. My battery was starting to drain very fast on my 6S Plus too so getting a new battery is always a plus.

19. Kiimora macrumors 6502a

Kiimora

Absolutely none; loving it:) albeit looking forward to iPhone 8+. iPhone 7+ is in a league of its own, besides I got a good resale value on my 6s+, so made sense

20. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502a

QueenTyrone

I FOR ONCE do not have that issue on 10.2 b2 (and I have had a few issues with this 7+) I think (haven't tested it outdoors yet)

To op: You're asking because you're having buyers remorse/can't really afford it. Just keep it. I had too many issues with my 6s+ (and it was a white face) to keep using it. And so no I couldn't wait.

21. akdj macrumors 65816

akdj

I, too upgraded from the 6s+ to 7+ @256GB (matte black, not jet) and I'm definitely not regretting the upgrade but quite the opposite. The increase in storage space, camera, speakers. Even the A10 as it's definitely noticeable playing games like Real Racing 3 and other recent releases with incredible graphics and different nuances (muffler smoke puffing at the start line) as well, NO drops in frame rates from 60fps. Even small drops I notice on my 9.7" iPad Pro aren't there on my 7+/A10. The extra memory continues to keep pages open in Safari allowing filling forms out while researching different elements for said form on other sites
    Many say the looks are identical, something I've found not true, from the new black colors to the way the camera bump's been molded into the hardware ...as well as the Apple phone cases using real metal for the buttons in the leather tself, LOTSA cool, small, you'll keep finding while continuing using 'Easter Eggs' for lack of a better term and that killer camera ....with massive storage tanks to ingest the 4K footage!

Love it and can't imagine going back so my advice would be to keep the 7 wrapped up if you're serious about keeping (& enjoying without wondering) the 6!
    GL
    J

22. sunking101 macrumors 604

sunking101

It wasn't worth it for me. I'll wait for the next one.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 11, 2016 ---
    A new £770 phone because the £10 battery was worn....
    The 7+ is a great phone but for my usage pattern the upgrade was slight. The hissing, creaking and home button fault lottery weren't worth it for me this year.

23. Shanghaichica macrumors 604

Shanghaichica

I upgraded from the 6S plus to the 7 plus. For me it was worth it for the water resistance, speakers,camera and improved display. It depends on what you see as an upgrade though. You can use your 7 plus for 14 days and then decide if you think it's worth keeping.

24. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

I returned my 7+ after two weeks. It's the best iPhone ever, but it wasn't that much greater than my 6s+. Don't regret my decision. It'll just make the next iPhone seem that much better.

25. blaine07 macrumors 68000

How's speaker compare? Is it a little or lot louder? For example with phone on speaker phone? I can't hear on my 6S+ for poo