Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
Hello everyone. First post but long time reader.

I have been reading conflicting reports about the 1-year contract availability for the verizon iphone.

I'm a long time customer and have never agreed to a 2-year term. I'm hoping VZW doesn't decide to eliminate that option with this phone purchase. To me, its a deal breaker.

I guess we'll just have to wait until 3am to find out.

What I like about Verizon is one year contract eligible for upgrade in 10 months. I work for USPS and 1 year contract would cost me $30 instead of $70.

hugecanoli

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2011
NJ
From The Verizon forums:

GoodShepard wrote:

Yes, activated Verizon iPhone 4 yesterday evening, then called customer service this AM and changed my contract to ONE year. It costed me $100 more than what I would have paid if I had kept 2 yr contract. I guess it is little expensive option, but still I am glad VZW offered it, Thanks y'all.

I think I'm a VZW Rep Moron Magnet. WTF is wrong with some of the people who answer the phones?

To make a long story short, I'm surprised this asshat even knew the iPhone was available for the company he worked for. Forget about a one-year contract option...he didnt even know that was available on any of the phones they sell.

You know whats the worst thing though...they put all your conversations in notes about your account. So the next time I call...their going to see I asked the same question regardless of if I get a moron or not.

I hope I can get switched to a one-year.

jekjones1558

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2010
I will be interested to see whether anyone else finds the 1 year info to be true. I have called twice and no dice.

hugecanoli

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2011
NJ
Just curious to see if any new Verizon iPhone owners were able to get their phones on a one-year contract.

If so, please let us know so I can plan on calling the hooplehead reps again.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.