Who went from having an iPod touch to make them want an iPhone ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tito Georgie, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Tito Georgie macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

I'm wondering because this happen to a lot of people including me.

I remember having the first generation iPod touch and jailbreaking 1.1.3 to have the maps app and all that the iPhone 2G had around that time.

I had an iPod touch and a sidekick (I was 14 at the moment) the iPod touch made me want an iPhone because i was carrying around two big devices. iPhone 3G was released later that June and I got it :) and been using iPhones since then, overall I sold my iPod touch for like 180 at that time it was an 8GB

2. viper3885 macrumors member

I had a 32gb iPod touch 2nd gen. After using that I really wanted an iPhone, but I didn't want to downgrade to a 16gb or a slower processor that the iPhone had. So of course as soon as the 3gs was announced with the faster processor, double the ram, and the option for 32gb, I had to get it. I got mine 3 days after launch and never regretted it, now I have the iPhone 4 and I'm loving it.

3. brown.eyed.girl macrumors member

Me. I had the first gen Touch for a few months, and then had to get the iPhone 3G.

4. Tito Georgie thread starter macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

I'm loving my iPhone 4 too ^____^ if I see my self without an iPhone I feel like I have no life :D

But the iPod touch with faster processor then 3G was released before the 3GS came out ? o_O

5. weirdlilwoman macrumors member

I was a BlackBerry user for a long time.

I got an iTouch, had it for a few days, and decided I wanted an iPhone. Went out and got a iPhone 3GS 32GB.

So far, I'm happy with my decision. The only regret is that I wish I would have gotten a white one! :rolleyes:

6. Tito Georgie thread starter macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

iPod touch is like an "get an iPhone teaser" :D

7. viper3885 macrumors member

Yea the 2nd gen iPod touch came out the September after the 3G came out. The 2nd gen touch had the 620MHz arm11 underclocked to 533MHz, whereas the 2G and 3G iPhone both had the 620MHz underclocked to 412MHz.

8. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

I got a 16gb 2nd gen iPod Touch when they came out and loved it! But carrying around a phone and iPod Touch was kind of annoying, and the thought of having it all on one device seemed like the perfect thing.

I never really like the roundedness of the 3g and 3gs so never got the feeling like I had to get it. But when the iP4 came out, it was time. I loved the look and knew it would be the iPhone for me. :D :D

9. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

*Raises Hand*

Had every version the iPod, iPod Touch(s). And then the iPhone. Who knows? Perhaps even a Mac is next. :)

10. Tito Georgie thread starter macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

Haha it was a long way for you to get it but the iPod touch has basically the rounded edges too. =p

11. DavidMc macrumors member

Started with a 32gb iPod touch while waiting for the iPhone 3g to be announced and released. I still have and use that first gen iPod touch to store movies and TV shows for business trips which allows me to get away with a 16gb iPhone 3g and now iPhone 4. I actually need to get it configured with movies and music for my 7 year old son to use on our week trip to Florida Friday. Went out looking for a case this past weekend and had no luck. I forgot how old it actually was.

12. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Started with an iTouch. 2 months later got a 3G.

13. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

I guess it's cuz I actually had an iPod (5.5G) when the iTouch came out so I never understand the appeal of it. It costed more and held less songs then the now iPod Classic and you would still need to carry two devices (cell + iPod) with you.

14. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

The iPod touch pulled me more into just an iPhone. I got the 1G iPod touch as a replacement for my iPod 5G that drowned :( back when I knew nothing about Apple or Macs (I used to think to myself what people on Macs would type with because they obviously don't have Microsoft Word :rolleyes: ) but after I got the 1G touch I started looking more into Macs. I wound up getting an :apple:TV. Then I got a 2G iPod touch with the back to school offer along with my first Mac :) and now I have an iPhone 4 that is prepared for shipment and should be here any day now :D.

15. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

Back when the 1st gen touch came out i wanted it. But later realized it would be much better to have an all in one device. Got the Iphone 3GS and now the 4.

16. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

I got a 16 gb 1st gen iPod Touch in October '07. That was fine with me, but I started to really want an iPhone by summer. That perfectly coincided with the launch of the 3G, which I got at the end of August.

It also got me really wanting a Mac, so I got my MacBook in early 2008.

17. cathyy macrumors 6502a

Add me in too.

I've always wanted an iPhone ever since it was first released, however it simply cost too much for me to justify paying. I would drop by the Apple store every day and play with the iPod Touch though, and I really loved everything about it.

In the end I decided to get an iPod Touch, and I thought I'd be content with having a mini computer + phone. However in all this time that I've owned an iPod Touch, there were so many occasions where I needed internet access and/or location services as well, both of which the iPod Touch does not have on the go.

Furthermore, my iPod Touch 2G is a bit slow and sluggish at times. I'd definitely appreciate the speed/ram/graphics upgrade, on top of the fact that the iPhone 4 is just so sexy. Not to mention, my phone keeps switching off by itself too, so now seems like the best time to upgrade.

18. Philalbe macrumors 6502

I went from touch to iPhone too. Went from a 64GB iPod touch toiPhone 3GS. The drop in storage capacity stung less than I thought. I think it was a fair tradeoff to have a device that is both phone, camera and iPod. I just took another drop in storage capacity. Went from 32GB 3GS to 16GB iPhone 4. Now that stung a bit. Already running out of room. 12 gigs of music, gig of apps and then half a gig of books and PDFs.:eek:

19. wickywahwah macrumors regular

yep. i've wanted an iphone since the first release but never wanted to pay for the data plan and all that. the next best thing was to get a 16GB 2G touch and i absolutely loved it. the only downside was being tethered to wifi. i really wanted to have my devices all-in-one like the iphone, but just never pulled the trigger. last september (almost a year ago!) i knocked my touch off the bathroom counter into the toilet. since there is no physical OFF button (or user-removable battery), the thing fried before i could shut it down. my wife gave me some cash as a gift to get a new touch (even though she hated how much i used it, she knew how much i loved it). i decided to just wait and get the iphone 4 when it came out, so i've been waiting patiently for a long time, and waiting some more since i want the white iphone :D (i had the black 32GB in my cart on pre-order launch day, but just couldn't do it). i'm so stoked to get my first iphone, the touch was totally a gateway device for me!

20. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Thats how Apple wants you to think...

keep it up..

21. wickywahwah macrumors regular

not for me, i think an iOS user is as far as i'll ever go. never owned a mac, don't know that i ever will. i respect them, but for me the premium just isn't worth it. i got a windows7 dell laptop for just under $500 that suits me just fine. sure it doesn't look or feel as good as a macbook, but getting a dell saved me $500 that i can now spend on my raging blow habit.

22. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

wow

23. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

why not get a Phillips MP3 player or a Zune? Save more money...

I wouldnt call it a Premium, I would call it getting what you pay for. Getting something you use everyday for everything. why not splurge there? something you do everyday. save a couple hundred, get the student discount and get a macbook for $899 after selling your Dell.

24. wickywahwah macrumors regular

it's all about the apps! not to mention iOS is beautifully crafted and integrated with the hardware imo

getting what you pay for is a subjective thing. i wouldn't be against having one, but i don't think i'd be so much happier that twice the price would be worth it for me. maybe someday when i'm in a better position to "splurge".