Who went straight to case and protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dmaxdmax, Sep 19, 2014.

1. dmaxdmax macrumors 6502a

dmaxdmax

On my 5s I applied a screen film and put it in a case before turning it on. Anyone else?

Happy with the fit and finish?

2. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

Why hide the beauty? Imo better to get apple care+

3. htc fan macrumors 6502

I'm getting a case and already have AppleCare +

4. JawneeWin macrumors 6502

Mine went straight into a case and with a glass screen protector on it.

I got a minimal case, so it still feels beautiful in my hand.

Also - DO NOT buy the glass screen protector from Spigen. I'm having issues with mines.

5. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I have a really nice clear gel case. They were giving them out to people in line.

I am not saying this just because they gave me a free case. It is actually a really nice case, EXACTLY what I wanted!

http://wakase.com/handler/main

Sadly, I can't find the clear one on their website.

6. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

me, i ordered two screen protectors... the one i really wanna put is not here yet. but i have the cases already.

7. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Popped a case (black bumper / clear back) from Amazon on it right in the Apple Store, purchased AppleCare+ as well.

I have Spigen screen protectors (not glass) coming in next week -- I don't like scratches and I live in a dusty, sandy region and get onto some nasty trails.

8. AmyK macrumors member

I love a naked iPhone. Once I find the right case... For now I'll enjoy it nude!!

9. dagored macrumors 65816

Pelican case and glass screen protector. Very happy.

10. darkflounder macrumors regular

darkflounder

The case I ordered off Amazon wouldn't have been here until Monday, so I cancelled it. I'll hit the Apple store after work for a case and screen protector.

Really wish I could trust myself to go without a case, this 6plus just feels great to hold.

11. mellofello macrumors 65816

Do they make screen protectors that follow the curve on the side yet? I have never run one before but I think I will for my 6+

12. egraphixstudios macrumors 6502

egraphixstudios

I would have placed a case on straight away- but they havent been delivered yet!

Ordered over 9 days ago off ebay with 2 day delivery and nothing here yet! :mad:

13. Anthony.L macrumors member

Case arrived on Monday from Amazon, it went on immediately. I however am not for the first time going to use a screen protector. With the rounded edges of the new 6 screen the protector would annoy both in touch and looks.

14. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

TheAppleGeek

The rep paired me with a very nice case that I more-or-less took a chance with. Even with it, I'm tempted to just go caseless for a little at some point. It feels so thin!

15. dmaxdmax thread starter macrumors 6502a

dmaxdmax

I am such a klutz that I dare not go nude (I should wear pads in the shower) however, I'm thinking a bumper and AppleCare might be all I need. Then my biggest problem might be bumping against car keys.

16. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

Glad you're getting them next week, I like spigen products but the screen protectors for the 6 are horrid, cutouts missing, doesn't fit properly. They did email me earlier this week and are sending out a new pack of the updated ones, so I'll just use the ones I have temporarily. It's better then nothing! The spigen case seems spot on though and I'm happy with it.

17. dcorban macrumors 6502a

dcorban

I'm using a case for the first time after five years of iPhone use. I'm only doing it because of the camera lens. If the lens were flush, I wouldn't bother.

I'm using the midnight blue leather case. I don't see the need for screen protector. I've only had one microscopic scratch on my four phones and it was due to putting keys in same pocket accidentally.

18. AppleRobert macrumors 603

It isn't slippery and too thin to the point I would be afraid of jumping it while using. The Ipod Touch 5th gen was a different story.

For now, going naked even though I got a case from Amazon. While not in use, I have a sleeve for protection.

19. kirkhuffy macrumors regular

I went with a griffin reveal case. Nice rubber bumper around it and a clear back. Hardly adds any thickness (just 1.6mm) but feels solid and the rubber makes the phone have a good grip compared to when it has no case. I'm not sure ill use this one for a long time but it'll hold me over for now. I like very bare and non intrusive cases so hopefully something a little better will come along.

[​IMG]

20. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Bought a leather case from my local apple store this morning and as soon as UPS delivers my 6+ it will immediately go on the phone! I'm not taking any chances.

21. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Mine won't be until next week, but I have already bought a case for it. I always spring for :apple: Care.

22. toxthexnines macrumors regular

toxthexnines

I got a Spigen case via Amazon the other day.

Put my 6 into the case after i got everything set up. I went from my iPhone 5 in a Lifeproof case for the past 2 years, to a naked phone, it's a nice change up.

23. stasha macrumors 6502

i really like one of them from wakase thanks for sharing

24. benboy12 macrumors regular

Mine immediately went into an Otterbox Commuter with a glass shield protector. I had my last phone outside of the case for a day or two while I waited for a case, and it had small scratches on it from riding around in the cup holder of my car.

25. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

I abhor screen protectors. But I did pick up an apple leather case for my iPhone six just for use when I went out. However, it is the first case that I really like and I'm enjoying using it. The iPhone six is so thin that the case adds some grip to it.