Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JonLa

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2009
if it dropped to about 500 quid for the 256 I'd get one in preference to a Pro or a Macbook, but realistically it won't and the small price difference between it and the retina macbooks will mean i'll have to get one of those.

2010 Air currently 8 years old and hanging on in there!

Reactions: Macdctr

Macdctr

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Ocean State
...2010 Air currently 8 years old and hanging on in there!

That is awesome to hear. Apple did such a good job making these laptops when they switched to the all aluminum cases that if you reasonably took good care of your computer it should last for a very long time...

Until the time comes when I can't use my 2015 MBA 13 inch to get emails, surf the internet or any other basic tasking I will be staying with this laptop :)

Reactions: JonLa

Macdctr

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Ocean State
Sure, because spending $1000 on 2012 Hardware with a 2015 processor is the smartest decision.... SMH

Reading comments like yours above is reason for anyone to shake their head. My 2015 MBA did not cost anywhere near $1k you are referencing in your comment. For your information.... I spent way less for mine. Not everyone needs cutting edge tech to suit their needs therefore they do not necessarily need to have a "2018" computer.

Reactions: Audit13 and sracer

deepen03

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2010
Reading comments like yours above is reason for anyone to shake their head. My 2015 MBA did not cost anywhere near $1k you are referencing in your comment. For your information.... I spent way less for mine. Not everyone needs cutting edge tech to suit their needs therefore they do not necessarily need to have a "2018" computer.

The MacBook Air has been starting at $999 since 2012. I'm not sure what kind of deal you got. It's an absolute ripoff by 2018 standards. Apple can easily swap a 7th or 8th gen chip into it and make it a 1080p display if they wanted to. I would have zero complaints then.

Have whatever opinion you want about Windows, but I could get a Surface Laptop for $699 with the M3 Processor, which outperforms the *2015 MacBook Air. The "2017" still has a 5th gen processor, so I consider it 2015 in my book.

Macdctr

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Ocean State
The MacBook Air has been starting at $999 since 2012. I'm not sure what kind of deal you got. It's an absolute ripoff by 2018 standards. Apple can easily swap a 7th or 8th gen chip into it and make it a 1080p display if they wanted to. I would have zero complaints then.

Have whatever opinion you want about Windows, but I could get a Surface Laptop for $699 with the M3 Processor, which outperforms the *2015 MacBook Air. The "2017" still has a 5th gen processor, so I consider it 2015 in my book.

There's no use whining about what Apple should have could have.... blah blah blah... and I never even mentioned anything about any Windows platform so please take that chip off your shoulders. You're posting in the MacBook Air forum so those of us who "actually like using" the MacBook Air really don't care what you have to say. You're posting your opinion and what you're posting IS NOT HELPING those who choose to use the MacBook Air. Keep that in mind. bye bye!!!

This will be the last time I address anything you have to say in the MBA forum... you don't have anything to contribute that would be valuable for a MBA user. I'm done...

JonLa

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2009
I think the insides are all still fine for what people do with the Air I just think they should have reduced the price. If they did I’d jump at one

Reactions: Macdctr

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
There's no use whining about what Apple should have could have.... blah blah blah... and I never even mentioned anything about any Windows platform so please take that chip off your shoulders. You're posting in the MacBook Air forum so those of us who "actually like using" the MacBook Air really don't care what you have to say. You're posting your opinion and what you're posting IS NOT HELPING those who choose to use the MacBook Air. Keep that in mind. bye bye!!!

This will be the last time I address anything you have to say in the MBA forum... you don't have anything to contribute that would be valuable for a MBA user. I'm done...

How would discussing the high price and very outdated specs of the Air not be relevant to someone considering buying an Air? You don't have to have such an attitude towards others.

The Air starts at CAD$1200 here for just 128 GB of RAM, 900p TN display, and a 3-year old processor. Worse yet, it's a CAD$250 upgrade just to go from 128 GB to 256 GB o_O. It would be nice if Apple were to refresh it or lower the price, but at this cost it doesn't seem like a good value proposition.

The one we have has been an alright machine with some odd problems here and there. Don't plan to replace it with another one, though, unless the situation changes considerably.
[doublepost=1526148562][/doublepost]

I don't need "cutting edge" either. ;)

So for $290 (all-in) I got a 1-month old Lenovo Thinkpad with a 1080p IPS panel, incredible keyboard, all the ports I can need, 7th-gen i5, 8 GB DDR4 (expandable), an a user-replaceable SSD.

With the extended battery it gets 14-18 hours of battery life with how I use it. Fantastic machine and cost less than an iPad.

Reactions: maerz001
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.