Who will shell out for a new iPhone 4S even if there isn't a iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by al0513, Oct 4, 2011.

1. al0513 macrumors 6502

Just wondering.. who will be upgrading to the 4S if there isn't a 5?

If there isn't a 5, I'm half and half about upgrading. Now if there is a 5, I'm def. getting it.

Who will upgrade?

2. GoldMan macrumors member

GoldMan

3. XciteMe1983 macrumors newbie

4. al0513 thread starter macrumors 6502

5. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

Will you be getting iPhone 4S?

So that it's been shown the truth will you be getting one?

As for me eh yeah even I'm not up for upgrade yet..full price..it's all good..white it is..time for a change

6. SharepointGuy macrumors member

SharepointGuy

I will. That's probably because I have a 3GS though.

7. aohus macrumors 68000

the 4S isn't that bad of a phone.

its just the screen size that everyone is complaining about.

8. Sarngate macrumors regular

I don't know. I need a new phone but i will find it difficult to go with a 4S when there are Android phones with 720p screens and Quad Core CPU's hitting the market before Christmas.

9. naths macrumors 6502

nop..not with quad-core,4.5" edge to edge screens, to name but a few coming very soon......

10. terraphantm macrumors 68040

The camera is the only thing that's tempting me since I need a new point and shoot anyway... but the lack of optical zoom disappoints me. I'll probably just keep my iphone 4, it's still a decent phone. Hopefully next year they have an LTE iPhone (and my contract with AT&T will be up, so I could switch to VZW which already has decent LTE coverage)

11. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

what phone are you talking about?

but no, no iphone4s for me

12. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Whats impressive, the only thing I can think of is the camera, and iOS5 which I am sure will make its way to the iPhone 4.

13. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

I'll just get it. At least I know I can sell it in a while and get a decent amount back unlike the SGS2 or so.

14. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Sticking with my iPhone 4 and using my upgrade on an Android.

15. rosemary1 macrumors regular

I'm in. I've had my 3GS since launch day and since I'm not going to upgrade my phone on a yearly basis, this is the day I've been waiting for. This is also the phone I've been waiting for. I love the iPhone 4 design, and I found the iPhone 5 mock-ups to be lacking in style.

16. naths macrumors 6502

Nexus prime,samsung GS3.....

17. Sarngate macrumors regular

There are already phones in Korea with these 720p screens from LG, and the Nexus Prime will most likely be announced at the upcoming Google event. I expect it to have a Kal-el (Nvidia) Quad core CPU, which Nvidia have previously said will be in handsets before the end of the year.

Hardware does matter when the gap is that big.

18. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

If no iphone 5....wasted time I can't get back!!!

19. KBS756 macrumors 6502a

I am disappointed but will be ordering one anyway since I already have an arrangement with my dad where he gets my iPhone 4 16 GB and i can get a new iPhone (since he trashed his old Phone)

20. Risasi macrumors 6502

Then wait until the end of the year, so you can check out the Android* phones. If I was up for renewal I would get the 4S, but I'll just wait until the iPhone 5 next year about this time. My iPhone 4 is good enough.

* Which I absolutely hate, BTW. Stupid piece of crap droids are a constant vexation to me. Clients using the things are always like "Why is my battery draining?" "What happened to my contacts?" "Why doesn't it work with my bluetooth hands-free" "I got this OTA update last night, now I can't do N". From a support standpoint Droid just plain suck, they don't work as well in a corporate scenario. Yeah, they are a step up from Blackberry, but not by much. Hands down iOS, or WM7 if you must...

I also find it ironic that iPhone might be the more capitalistic phone choice, while Android is a communistic pile of cow doo-doo made to subjugate the masses.

21. vachargerfan macrumors regular

No larger screen = no new phone for me. I will save my upgrade for the next redesign. Not nearly enough for me to upgrade

22. g0odfr1end102 macrumors 6502

g0odfr1end102

ha.ha.ha.
    Definitively not, quite frankly, I'm very disappointed, this whole keynote was a joke when you think about it:
    -''New'' iPod Nano= new clocks, cheaper.
    -''New'' iPod Touch= ships in white.
    -iPhone 4S= well... Bigger screen, better camera, 15 chip, and SIRI (just to get the thing sold over the world). Iphone 4Screwing consummers, that's honnestly how i see it, feel free to thumbs down though....

Do you think they could of integrated SIRI in iOs 5 for iPhone 4 users?

23. al0513 thread starter macrumors 6502

well yes, the iOS 5 is what makes it impressive... but i don't think it would work well on our regular 4.. especially when they say that the 4S is 7 times faster...