who will win the champions league?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Don't panic, Apr 22, 2010.

?

who will win the champions league?

1. barcelona

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. inter milan

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. bayern munich

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. olympique lyonnais

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

A spinoff from the EPL-centered football/soccer thread.
    A pretty straightforward poll: after the first leg of the semifinals, we are left with two wide open ties.

who is going to come out on top in madrid?

the contenders:

Barcelona: they had a day off in Milan, but at the Nou Camp the music will be different. Still the best team in the world, and they are ready to show it again

Inter Milan: Dominated Barca in Milan, comes from 6 consecutive wins in CL (including twice against the supposedly 'other' best team in the world).with the Special One at the helm, the tides might be changing

Bayern Munich: Riding the wave of their luck and the class of Robben and Ribery. besides, they always score away, and there are no more games in Munich

Olympique Lyonnais: They already visited madrid successfully when they got rid of the Galacticos in the knock-out stage. A perennial underdog team, their time as come

so, who? and why?

2. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

Dude I know Barcelona is amazing...but do you really think that tie is wide open? No matter what Inter has to be favored...one away goal and they are pretty much through...

Bayern Uber-Alles!

-J.-

3. Don't panic thread starter macrumors 603

Don't panic

I am pulling for Inter, but you cannot underestimate Barca.
    The need to win 2-0 (like Lyon). I hope they don't, but they certainly can pull it off, considering the Arsenal deconstruction.
    what is certain is that it will be very hard for Mou.

4. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

If Barcelona can rescue their tie, they're sure favourites for the final. Bayern Munich though have been quietly impressive throughout though, and they're my dark horses.

5. Don't panic thread starter macrumors 603

Don't panic

that's why i think it's all still wide open.
    Lyon on paper is the weakest of the 4, but they definitively can beat bayern at home, the question is by how much. I see penalties as a distinct possibility there.

As far as the final, barca would be natural favorites if they make it, but as the milan game showed, they too can be beaten.
    I think the final will be a great game, no matter what, all remaining teams have switched to an attacking style lately, so it should be highly entertaining

6. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

I think you make a good point there...the last 2-3 years the Champs playoffs have been grim with teams playing to 0-0 in the first legs...nice to see some attacking football...

Bayern has scored as a visitor pretty much all season, 1 goal in Lyon would mean the French team needs 3 goals to win...

-J.-

7. Don't panic thread starter macrumors 603

Don't panic

yeah, they have been remarkable in their ability to score. wonder if the absence of ribery will affect their game, although with the current Robben form they might not need him.

I can't believe Real Madrid let Robben and Sneider go. it would be quite ironic if they meet in the final.

8. takao macrumors 68040

takao

Ribery isn't in the same playing form as last year though and also i think the squad changes have reduced the way he can play up front

Lahm is now starting on the right side as a defender and thus the weak defending side is on the left (Contento played great in the last game but he is like the 5th 7th player they try ou on that position this season)

also Bayern sold the expierenced and great tactical player Ze Roberto to HSV (a mistake IMHO) and this year the youngster Müller is in the starting formation who interprets his central position much more offensive. Which means Ribery isn'T all that free on the left to do what he wants as a year ago

edit: Robben didn't even want to go from Real and Real sold them anyway...

9. NathanCH macrumors 65816

NathanCH

10. Don't panic thread starter macrumors 603

Don't panic

OLIC says hi.....

so much for that being an open tie :D
    great performance by the germans, who are peaking their form right now.
    whoever prevails between barca and inter will have a serious opponent to face in madrid.

11. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

Bayern Uber-Alles! :D

-J.-

Attached Files:

12. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Barcelona, I have stuck with them as a kid, not about yo change now.

13. Don't panic thread starter macrumors 603

Don't panic

you can be proud of your boys :D

14. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

Indeed. Wasn't sure about Van Gaal at first...but his tough, crazy love is working out...

-J.-

15. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Barça can beat any team and well. Man U, Real Madrid and Arsenal can vouch for that. However they do seem to be feeling the effects of two years of intense pressure to win everything. I think they are beginning to show mental and physical tiredness especially because of the high tempo they play at. And this has been evident in their last 3 games.

That being said I think tonight Barça will absolutely dominate the game tonight, I just hope the goals go in. :)

16. Don't panic thread starter macrumors 603

Don't panic

what a dramatic game.
    complete domination by barca, but they were never really dangerous. just the goal and a couple of other dangerous chances.
    inter inexistent ahead, but what a superb defensive show.

overall i think inter deserved to go through (over the two legs).
    Barca has great possession but not very dangerous.
    and what's up with all the continuous diving?

Bayern enter the final as the clear favourites.

17. Don't panic thread starter macrumors 603

Don't panic

congratulation to Inter!
    great match, deservedly won by the Milan team with two fantastic goals by Milito.

bayern missed ribery, i think. robben alone became a forced solution and inter could control him.

i liked snejder's game a lot. holland could be the surprise of the world cup