Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vddobrev

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 28, 2016
Haskovo, Bulgaria
Serious question: why place an order for a new MacBook Pro and then cancel it? Was there missing information about it? Why create threads about it? You just changed your mind?

Can we not all do a little more thinking before pressing the buy button, and be responsible?

There is an unnecessary increase of the buy/return cycle because of people not thinking.

Think about the planet - gas spent for your delivery and return! Cost incurred by Apple because of your return.

Just go to a store, test the display model and buy if you like it.

All of you, have a thought about this. Be a bit more responsible about all resources spent for delivering you an order.

Last edited:

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
Serious question: why place an order for a new MacBook Pro and then cancel it? Was there missing information about it? Why create threads about it? You just changed your minnd?

Can we not all do a little more thinking before pressing the buy button, and be responsible?

There is an unnecessary increase of the buy/return cycle because of people not thinking.

Think about the planet - gas spent for your delivery and return! Cost incurred by Apple because of your return.

All of you, have a thought about this. Be a bit more responsible about all resources spent for delivering you an order.

What surprises me are all the YouTube comparison reviews. There are probably hundreds of them. People buy variations of a product to compare. Often, they don't appear to be demo units sent to them. I don't want to speculate, but it looks like abuse. Here, I suspect it's just marginal.

Last edited:

mo5214

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2019
You do realize that the store only carry standard config, right? So people who want to test BTO actually have no option really (if the techtubers didn’t test what they use)

Reactions: 3Rock and yitwail

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
Here is a perfect example of the consumerism and how pointless it is. Luke does some good stuff, but I don’t know why he’s going through this level of desperation. MBKHD is probably gonna get the specced 14 and 16 and review those and that’s it. Why buy 5?

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015
Serious question: why place an order for a new MacBook Pro and then cancel it? Was there missing information about it? Why create threads about it? You just changed your minnd?

#1. 14” Thermal throttled unable to achieve Turbo Boost mode. As the 16”
#2. No HDMI 2.1 so I can’t output 4K 120hz to my LG OLED
#3. WiFI 6e not included
#4. Unknown issues I can easily wait for a full Review
#5. 20% Off EDU discount just gonna wait and pay my brother to use his .EDU discount
#6. A Notch but no FaceID you guys realize the iPad Pro has FaceID but No Notch.
#7. a 3nm M2 or the 3nm M2 Max will be far superior

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Here is a perfect example of the consumerism and how pointless it is. Luke does some good stuff, but I don’t know why he’s going through this level of desperation. MBKHD is probably gonna get the specced 14 and 16 and review those and that’s it. Why buy 5?

All about making that Youtube money. Can't be anything aside from that.

Natzoo

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014

I stopped watching Luke, dont feel like he makes good quality videos and IMO seems to be posting just to post (income) and tries too hard. Quantity over quality.

But to be on topic, I Plan to return my 16". The misleading marketing about the brightness made me think it was a monumental upgrade from my 2018 15". "1000 sustained" was definitely intended to confuse buyers into thinking it was typical. But oh well, since its PFS, ill try it out.

Reactions: tCC_ and haruhiko

GuruZac

macrumors 68040
Sep 9, 2015
⛰️🏕️🏔️
#3. WiFI 6e not included
#5. 20% Off EDU discount just gonna wait and pay my brother to use his .EDU discount
#6. A Notch but no FaceID you guys realize the iPad Pro has FaceID but No Notch.
Your last few reasons don’t make any sense. Apple isn’t offering 20% with education pricing unless I missed something. The iPad Pro has significantly larger bezels than the new MBP. Why buy any tech if you’re already concerned about future performance.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
Investment in views
Its obvious, but not at this level if you are producing relevant content. Most of the videos he's produced so far are just bait videos. The 'you don't need this video he did' was some what relevant, but I slept through most of it.

All about making that Youtube money. Can't be anything aside from that.

Its just desperate though and still won't even generate anywhere near the top channels. The reality is, MKBHD and Dieter Bohn suck most of the views on a new product. Most will put in the effort for Zollotech, but I noticed he's starting to make a tonne load of videos for content and views sake. He did so many videos on the iPhone 13 I felt nauseous.

I stopped watching Luke, dont feel like he makes good quality videos and IMO seems to be posting just to post (income) and tries too hard. Quantity over quality.

But to be on topic, I Plan to return my 16". The misleading marketing about the brightness made me think it was a monumental upgrade from my 2018 15". "1000 sustained" was definitely intended to confuse buyers into thinking it was typical. But oh well, since its PFS, ill try it out.

Yep, he's become out of control, but part of the problem is his content is too narrow. MKBHD has broad content and you need that to survive. The most informative (some times a bit too much) is Dieter Bohn.

pi=e=3

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2021
#3. WiFI 6e not included
1. You base this on what?
2. Use DisplayPort to HDMI, your TV should support DSC, DP1.4 with DSC will do 4k144.
3. Who cares? There’s like 2 6E routers out there and performance is barely any better than 6. 160Mhz 6 is already faster than 99% of peoples internet service.
4. Yeah that one makes sense
5. That’s not the edu discount, and you don’t need to prove anything to get it
6. The iPad Pro is much deeper, if you want a MacBook with a screen that deep… Buy a surface book.
7. And the year after that the M3 will be faster, and so on. What are you doing that you need so much power in a laptop and are so worried about this? Why not build a desktop at a fraction of the price that would run circles around it, the M2, etc. Tech ages like milk, not a fine wine.

Natzoo

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Yep, he's become out of control, but part of the problem is his content is too narrow. MKBHD has broad content and you need that to survive. The most informative (some times a bit too much) is Dieter Bohn.
I remember I liked his restoring old Mac videos, but then it gets boring after a while and just stop watching.

Reactions: tCC_ and Mr. Dee

DHagan4755

macrumors 68020
Jul 18, 2002
Massachusetts
Fair point. However, the iPad is noticeably thicker than the display of the MacBook Pro.

Displays Comparison.jpg

Rob198612

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Miami
#3. WiFI 6e not included

You can just go to the apple education site and place order to get your discount they don’t verify

AgentAnonymous

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2016
#3. WiFI 6e not included
If you wasted money on a OLED TV, and more importantly would try to output to one when you have a Mini-LED display capable of actual HDR (OLED is way too dim) on the Macbook Pro, you have other problems...

And the rest of your points are nonsensical and will be treated as trolling.

Reactions: tdbrown75
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.