Who's buying today?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by mac jones, Oct 20, 2010.

  1. mac jones macrumors 68040

    Apr 6, 2006
    As soon as the store resumes i'm grabbing the low end one for a grand.

    How about you?
  2. dannyar macrumors 6502a

    Feb 2, 2007
    trash, 999 for a 64 gb slow 1.4 processor or 100 more for a 13.3 macbook pro with almost double everything. Ill pass.
  3. Hellhammer Moderator


    Staff Member

    Dec 10, 2008
    I'm quite sure I'll be getting the low-end 13", but not today. Need to wait for some user reviews and get some money. It got nearly all what I wanted, 2GB of RAM is a little con though
  4. puma1552 macrumors 603

    Nov 20, 2008
    I had almost talked myself into wanting another one of these after having my old Rev. B. The new one looked nice, but the silver bezel is outdated, and the specs are a joke besides the battery and the increased ports. Also IMO the bezel on the 11.6 just looks retarded. Way too thick for such a small machine.
  5. ReallyOldGuy macrumors regular


    Jan 26, 2010
  6. spinnerlys Guest


    Sep 7, 2008
    forlod bygningen
    11" MBA

    13" MBA

    The same I suppose, but with faster FSB.

    WOW, MR and Apple.com are seriously frelled up right now.
  7. Jobsian macrumors 6502a


    Jul 30, 2009
    I'm buying immediately, though I don't know yet whether to get the bigger, smaller one or both.

    I still can't believe there was no 4GB RAM option announced - i'm still hoping it's an option. Jobs didn't mention it though...
  8. TheNewDude macrumors 6502a

    Mar 17, 2010
    The screen res on the 13" is the ONLY attractive thing about this.

    $1600 for a 256GB system is insane. Yeah I know it's SSD but still, who would want to pay so much money for a 1.83GHZ C2D?
  9. diablo2112 macrumors 6502

    Apr 16, 2010
    I'm buying. Been waiting for the new MBA, will look at the 2 models in person before I decide. Leaning toward the 11" with 128Gb. My 15" MBP has had a 128GB SSD since March, I still haven't used half the space. Plenty of storage for my needs.
  10. lulla01 macrumors 68020


    Jul 13, 2007

    will stores have these today? I dont think so
  11. aberrero macrumors 6502a

    Jan 12, 2010
    The low end 13" seems like the best deal. The 11.6" is most of the same money but makes serious sacrifices, and it looks stupid in the renders.

    I might buy one, but I would kind of like to see one in person first.
  12. Scottsdale macrumors 601


    Sep 19, 2008
    Me, I am buying both with everything I can BTO.

    I cannot wait for the high res display. I could just cry, as the weight was worth it. With 4 GB RAM, 2.13 GHz C2D, Nvidia 320m at 2X the graphics, and a 256 GB instant on NAND Flash... it was truly worth the wait.
  13. jns2001 macrumors regular

    Oct 13, 2009
    This is kind l to the ame, C2D, 2 GB, gimme a break, why would I bother, I am getting pissed at this shyte, first they take a friggin century to upgrade, and then what do they upgrade? Battery life and a measly 128 GB extra disk space. Did anyone can awake those Apple execs up and let them know that we are in 2010. Storage is key. I have 600 GB of Apple Store content, I have my pictures that are at least 10 GB, if I needed another iPad I would buy one.

    One more thing...

    This new MBA sucks, totally disappointing.
  14. stphnman20 macrumors regular

    Jun 23, 2010
  15. godslabrat macrumors 6502

    Aug 19, 2007
    I'm buying ASAP, though probably not today. Need to check financing options. The only decision is... 128GB or 256GB?

    I'm wondering how much space I'll need for:

    Toast 10
    Windows 7
    Star Trek Online
  16. iphone1105 macrumors 68020


    Oct 8, 2009
    I'll tell you who will buy it, the millions of people who don't habitate on websites all day geeking about specs because they could care less, you know, 99% of the general public.
  17. glitch44 macrumors 65816

    Feb 28, 2006
    So the screen is glossy but not glass, right? I hate glass displays-- too much reflection for my taste.
  18. iphone1105 macrumors 68020


    Oct 8, 2009
    If you need to finance, why even bother?
  19. Jobsian macrumors 6502a


    Jul 30, 2009
    We've waited an awful long time, tell me are you feeling a little bit irrationally emotional as well? :D

    What a bizarre cocktail of emotions I'm experiencing right now, *sniff*
  20. frazwr01 macrumors newbie

    Jun 25, 2010
    Where are you guys getting the BTO info? If I can get 4gb ram I will definitely upgrade from my rev B MBA...
  21. Mr. Savage macrumors regular

    Mr. Savage

    Jun 11, 2010
    Is it just me r did they avoid giving a good shot of the 11 inch keyboard. Nor did I hear anything about it being full-sized
  22. Westyfield2 macrumors 6502a

    Jun 9, 2009
    Bath, UK.
    I'm tempted.

    But 2CD (and not even the fastest of the C2Ds) puts a downer on things. If the Higher-Education pricing is good I might have to visit the Apple store tomorrow. It's 10 minutes from Uni :D.

  23. J400uk macrumors regular

    Apr 3, 2008

    I am! Looks fantastic literally rolls in everything I love about my hackintosh ssd netbook and my macbook, so I'll be having the 11.6" Air. Pricing is also very very competitive for apple. Want to order asap
  24. Scott6666 macrumors 65816


    Feb 2, 2008
    I just want to give my heartiest congratulations to all you very patient Air waiters. I know it's been long and hard for you. I hope you are mostly pleased.

Share This Page