Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
Look at the bright side, we have a feature now featured only on the top line macbook pro 17.....express card slot:D

Express card slot is the new firewire, everybody will want it back:D

I kid a little:p

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Naah, not annoyed at all. Bought my 15" in Jan, been absolutely flawless since. I use it a lot off battery, but never so long away from the mains that I've been forced to shutdown. Equally, I'm not a fan of non-user replacable battery's anyway.

Being a gadget fiend, I'm slightly bummed by the idea of 6gb max ram in my 2.53 mbp, but realistically I'm never going to need more than that between now and my next laptop in 3 years. Besides, it'll probably be another 12 months until 4gb sticks even approach being value for money anyway.

I'm just waiting for an affordable 500gb+ SSD, that will give me far more of a performance hike than a ram upgrade for my usage.

Jimonthewall

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2009
If it was a crappy battery then why did you buy it? You only think it's crap because there's something better now. I'm sure you'll live.

JCastro

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
I am perfectly happy with mine. I can take my battery out and replace my HDD any time I want. I am almost never away from a power source for such a long time that my MBP will die. I just don't see that a 7 hour battery will do my that much good. don't get me wrong. More is always nice to have available, but I doubt I will ever need it.

madog

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2004
Korova Milkbar
Don't be sad. Just think, when you need to replace your battery, you don't have to take it into a repair store.

To replace the battery on the new ones, most people will need to take it in to a technician.... a battery...... technician...... it's 2009.......

I'm calling it right now: In ten years Apple will sell a laptop that's welded shut, has no keyboard on it, and everyone buys one.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm very pleased that my battery is accessible by me and I don't need to send it into apple to get it replaced. Kidding me, I think the non-replaceable batteries are crap. Sure you'll get more time running off them, but heaven help you when (not if) you need to replace the battery.

tim100

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2009
I'm very pleased that my battery is accessible by me and I don't need to send it into apple to get it replaced. Kidding me, I think the non-replaceable batteries are crap. Sure you'll get more time running off them, but heaven help you when (not if) you need to replace the battery.

How long will apple continue to offer the user replaceable batteries for the prior macbook pros?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
How long will apple continue to offer the user replaceable batteries for the prior macbook pros?

Just look at how long they offer the batteries to older models and where else you can buy them. I suspect that I'll be able to buy replacement batteries for my MBP for several years. In fact the supply of replacement batteries will outlast my MBP.

bpetruzzo

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2005
honestly if you have a 2.0GHz processor... you probably shouldn't be worried about 8GB of RAM. if you say you need it, i don't know why you would buy the entry level MacBook in the first place

I didn't. I bought the 2.53ghz; which was the best I could do at the time without dropping an extra $500 on another 120mhz.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.