Who's done a funny typo?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MattyK, Jul 15, 2009.

1. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

Share your typo stories, Here's one of mine, well it's a write-o, We were writing about Romeo and Juliet and I got pretty hungry..

[​IMG]

My teacher thought it was funny, and she let me get away with it.

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

Back in the mid-1990's, my family moved to a new city and my sister was interested in getting in contact with the music director at her new school out of interest in joining the symphony orchestra. She sent an email which was supposed to start with:

Hello, Mrs. xyz

but that turned into

Hell, Mrs. xyz

I remember her being very excited (she had never used email and I think was still in junior high school) and she even printed off a copy and she brought it to me. I found the error and showed it to her, but it had already been sent.

3. upinflames900 macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

I've done that before in an email, luckily only to a friend.

4. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

My most common ones are :
    doe snot (does not)
    pubic spaces (public spaces)
    Cloudy (Claudia)
    Hard Dicks (Hard Disks) or
    Dicks (discs /disks)
    buy (Bye)

5. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

One of my favorite stories of all time is a "verbal typo" (Freudian slip) that was made by a sweet lady in the church where I grew up. Now this was around 25 years ago when computers were first going mainstream and making there way into the business world. Additionally, keep in mind that the early to mid eighties was also a time of adjustment in that women were becoming more common in the office workplace.

My parents were good friends with a dear couple in which the husband was really into and on the cutting edge of computers. His wife, let's call her "Nancy" to protect the innocent, worked in an office and the boss decided to step into the computer world. He bought a brand new office system and knowing that Nancy's husband was good with computers he asked her to help him learn how to use it. She agreed.

(Now picture this) She is sitting at the desk in front of the new system and he is standing over her shoulder playing the role of the student. Also gathered around are other coworkers who are excited about having a computer and want to learn all about it. In those days the first thing you had to learn was how to "boot" the system from a start up disk and yes I'm talking about the old 5.25 floppy disks. So she's nervous, this being her boss and all, and she says, "okay this is really easy the first thing you do is take out your floppy dick and stick it in here"

SILENCE... :eek:

The boss calmly looked at her and said, "Nancy, I don't think I really want to do that. It's a nice machine and all, but I'm not exactly sure what that has to do with accurately tracking our records." :D

At this point Nancy realizes what she said and is stunned with embarrassment. :eek:

Needless to say, he never asked Nancy for help with the office system again. Obviously, knowing "Nancy" makes the story ten times better. She is the sweetest, most innocent lady in the world and hearing her tell the story will make your sides hurt.

6. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

^ It's okay, "Nancy", we've all had that slip before.

I love this thread title! :D (Yes, who is done a funny typo?) Perfect!

I'm sure I've done quite a few but I can't remember at the moment. I do seem to forget the L in public rather often though.

7. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

"but its"
    became
    "butits."
    That was fairly recent. I kept it for the lulz.

8. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Old professor of mine was meaning to say mastication when he said masturbation instead. This was in front of a couple hundred people.

9. MattyK thread starter macrumors 6502a

MattyK

It was a who has, but I was kinda hoping someone smarter would say something about it :D

10. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I'm pretty sure that who's is an acceptable contraction of who has.

11. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

D'OH! I didn't even think of it that way. :eek: You'll have to excuse me while I switch my brain back on.

I saw your post pre-edit. ;) You weren't sure and you thought I'd caught you for a second there and you were playing it slick! :D

It's cool, I think I take the dunce cap on this one. Good thread for it!

12. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I caught it, too, MattyK. (;

Lemme know how the cap fits, iBlue. I apologize if I've stretched it out. I've been wearing it lately in real life. :)

13. MattyK thread starter macrumors 6502a

MattyK

Naw, you caught me out! :p

14. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Right now, I was trying to go on bestbuy.com, but I typed in bestbut.com.

15. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

There are some funny "typos" which occur due to the predictive text in SMS messages.

Including the infamous (and common!) "Are you home in bed?", becoming: "Are you good in bed?" if you don't correct it!

16. uptherighttree macrumors member

the predictive text is a nightmare for typos

able comes out first as cake. so it can read "i'm not cake to make that"

also i've stored the word perv (ex nickname for an ex g/f) but that replaces 'rest'

so now i've said i'm going home for a well earned perv

17. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

I can't count how many times I've texted the name Brian but forgot to change it from what first comes up with T9, Asian.
    Is Asian going to be there tonight?

And my niece's name, Jordan, comes up as Korean.
    Korean is going to like her gift!

18. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

The Hadron Collider. Can be easily a verbal typo. Try it for yourself. :p

19. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Somehow I managed to type "Winston" (my mom's dog's name) in such a way that my iPhone auto-corrected it to IRS. We still call him IRS and its been well over a year.

20. jjorly macrumors newbie

On a Punic Wars paper i wrote pubic instead of Punic.

21. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

sec written sex (sec being an abbreviation for second)

Of course this happens on my iPhone. :p

22. skorpien macrumors 68020

Speaking of predictive text typos, a friend of mine's name goes from Amal to Anal/Cock.

23. DELLsFan macrumors 6502a

DELLsFan

I was typing out dedication information for some gift donations made in other folks' honor or memory. This information gets transposed onto a larger sign and is attached to the item being donated.

"... Love, Virginia"

became "Love, Vagina" and the sign was made with the error! :eek:

24. Geniusdog254 macrumors regular

Haha both of my best/worst (depends on your view lol) involved iPhone autocorrect. The first one was just like this, I was talkin to my GF & I had to go answer the house phone & I said "Hey babe give me a sex, i'll brb" (meant give me a sec of course lol) & she started freakin out lol. That was a fun one to explain.

Then I was textin a guy @ school & he was bein a smart ass so I tried to type "Dude u need 2 shut ur fat mouth b4 I box it" & it ended up "Dude u need 2 shut ur fag mouth b4 I box it" lol & we actually almost did end up in a fight cuz of that typo. Whoops! lol

25. Keniff macrumors 6502a

Keniff

A few years ago I was speaking to a graphic designer through iChat.
    He was sending me rough ideas for a flyer I needed.

He happens to be black (I'm white), we were talking about a font, then suddenly I had a phone call, so I stepped away from my computer for 10 of 15 minutes...

When I came back, there was a message from him saying "So, do you want it like this?"

I knew I had kept him waiting, so I typed fast...

I wanted to say "Yeah, can you make it Bigger?"

I don't know about other standard Apple keyboards, but in the UK, the "B" is right next to the "N"!

So, in my moment of speed typing, I accidently pressed "N" instead of "B" on my quote above!
    So, you can imagine the outcome?

Of course I went on to say sorry, and explained what happened, but...ya know........Feel the silence!

:eek: x 1000