Who's Dressing Up for Halloween?

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 4, 2003
'Tis the season!

Anyone going trick or treating? Any parties lined up? Any memorable Halloween stories? Who's dressing up, and as what? How about those of you with kids? Post costume pictures if you like!

P.S. Boo. :cool:

Josh

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2004
State College, PA
Well, Halloween is my birthday so I will be dressing up and trick-or-treating till the day I die :D

I was thinking about being the nanny from muppet babies (you know, the one where you could only see the bottoms of her legs: striped socks and heels?). It might be hard to be just the bottom half of some legs, though.

So I think I might be an evil clown, or something really, really creepy.

Or perhaps a robot, with changing voices, flashy lights, and all kinds of stuff hooked up, I don't know. lol

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 4, 2003
Josh said:
Well, Halloween is my birthday so I will be dressing up and trick-or-treating till the day I die :D

I was thinking about being the nanny from muppet babies (you know, the one where you could only see the bottoms of her legs: striped socks and heels?). It might be hard to be just the bottom half of some legs, though.

So I think I might be an evil clown, or something really, really creepy.

Or perhaps a robot, with changing voices, flashy lights, and all kinds of stuff hooked up, I don't know. lol
Sounds like you have alot of options at least! Post some pics of your outfit after the date.... and happy early birthday! :)

sprstu

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2005
white bear lake, mn
I love the fall and its holidays. but i have no idea what i will be dressing up as this year. Last year I was a zombie baseballer, the year before that I was Tyler Durden. this year, IDK.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
The last six years ('99-'04), I've dressed as Agent Smith. This year, I was going to try to dress as V from V for Vendetta, as the movie was supposed to be released the week after Halloween... but now the movie's been delayed until March 2006.

So I don't know what I'm going to do. Perhaps I'll take a cue from Wednesday Addams and dress as a homicidal maniac... they look like everybody. ;)

L

Lau

One of my best friends at art college is having a halloween party, and he said "It's going to be a really good party, and everyone has to dress up, and they have to be really good costumes". Right. Ok.... :rolleyes:

So, having watched a few good zombie movies recently, me and my boyfriend are going as zombies, I think, and, amongst other things, we're going to shave his head and draw a brain on it, then make a kind of part wig, so it looks as if he usually has hair, and that there's brain showing. ewww. :)

Much planning to be done, but I'll post some pics when we're all dressed up....

edit: oh, and my aforementioned friend is buying a real axe, specially. Hmmm. Axe + beer + excitable friend = Lau's last post.... :p

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
this girl is having a halloween party so im kinda forced to dress up...i want to be the hamburgler but i don't have freckles and red hair so i need to rethink my costume :p

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
I don't dress up anymore, but I have to take the kids out for the trick or treating. We are dressing them up as Thing 1 and Thing 2 from the Cat int he Hat. I call them that on my blog so I figured it would be a fun thing to dress them as.

Grey Beard

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2005
The Antipodes.
Halloween

We don't really celebrate halloween down here in New Zealand, some youngsters do the trick or treat thing though. Anyway I'm scary enough without a costume.
Grey Beard

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
I most definitely am. I'd like to go to some kind of halloween dance party, so I need to wear/be something I can dance in. Maybe... a ninja? I like the idea of being a pirate, though. Maybe I'll be a ninja pirate. :)

_Emerson

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
im just gonna wear regular clothes and when people ask what i am i'm gonna say a serial killer.
last year i wanted to go as a suicide bomber but my parents figured that wasn't a good idea...

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 4, 2003
scem0 said:
I most definitely am. I'd like to go to some kind of halloween dance party, so I need to wear/be something I can dance in. Maybe... a ninja? I like the idea of being a pirate, though. Maybe I'll be a ninja pirate. :)

_Emerson
Pirates are cool, or so my avatar tells me... Arrrgh matey!

Grey Beard

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2005
The Antipodes.
LOTR options

scem0 said:

_Emerson
You could go as a cute little furry hobbit, or may be my alter ego, Gandalf the Grey.
Grey Beard

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
Wouldn't that be a sight... An 18 year old pale white boy dressed up as Gandalf shaking his ass at a gay club on Halloween :D.

_Emerson

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
~Shard~ said:
'Tis the season!

Anyone going trick or treating? Any parties lined up? Any memorable Halloween stories? Who's dressing up, and as what? How about those of you with kids? Post costume pictures if you like!

P.S. Boo. :cool:<bold mine>
Ooh, oooh! Remember that one time when....when....I got pictures with the three fem-hookers at that party and then jumped into a closet with all of them? Yeah me neither, but I did get pictures :D

I'm sure those have been around MR before, but I'm proud, what can I say? :p
It's a little early yet, at least I hope, so something will come up I'm sure but I have nothing to date planned for this year. These pictures came from a party we solidified two days in advance, so I'm not that worried about finding something.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
So I guess UC Santa Barbara got voted as one of the craziest Halloween party spots in the States so of course, my bf and I had to go the other year. It was going to be chilly so I said, "F all those played out skankilicious costumes-- I'm wearing jeans, a cowboy hat, long sleeve, thick jacket, and warm boots." I was probably the most thoroughly clothed person I saw and I saw lotsa people. If anyone has been to UCSB for Halloween, you'll know what I mean-- it's worse than a mosh pit. *shudder* I have never been groped by so many anonymous and impossible to track down hands w/in the span of 5 minutes as that night. And to clarify, it wasn't just me, I'm sure other people were groped just as much if not more.

Okay, I don't know how safe the link is... but since I'm now 21, my bf and I might head over to this hot spot... It's not technically on Halloween, so maybe we'll just trick or treat. Nothing like free candy. Hmm, as for costumes... i have no clue.

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2004
I won't be, haha.

I usually sit around at my house, watch some "scary" movies, and answer the doors for the trick-or-treaters. There tend to be a few little kids in the neighborhood but a lot of teens come over.

I REALLY hate it when kids have there parents drive them from house to house. It annoys me that the kids are too lazy and greedy just to walk.

I don't decorate my house much, I do get oversized pumpkins from a friend of mine that grows them and I will have a jacklantern.

I also park my cars inside so they don't get egged. Its never happened to me but it has happened to a couple of my neighbors. I have had my gate "T.P.ed" though (toilet paper).

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
May 2, 2005
At my school, it's a HUGE deal. We all dress up, and there's a HUGE party during lunch. There are costume contests, music, yada yada yada. It's SO FUN!!

I'm probably gonna be a shark.
I don't know why.

for a while, I wanted to be steve jobs, print out some "iPod Nanos" and hand them out. :)

I am gonna go around with a red bingo stamper and "bite" people all day. :)

I'll post pics when I'm done.
I just need yards and yards of felt and some time to sew. Bla.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Lau said:
So, having watched a few good zombie movies recently, me and my boyfriend are going as zombies, I think, and, amongst other things, we're going to shave his head and draw a brain on it, then make a kind of part wig, so it looks as if he usually has hair, and that there's brain showing. ewww. :)

Much planning to be done, but I'll post some pics when we're all dressed up....
I can't wait to see those pics! That is if your costume-making skill are anywhere near as impressive as your case-making skills/ graphic design skills!

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I will miss Halloween for the first time in my life! I'll be in Japan. Even though I'll miss seeing the ghosts and goblins that come to our door (actually, they are more often princesses and Spider-men), I'll be enjoying my vacation so I won't mind.

Maybe I'll wear my gorilla costume on the bullet train and see if anybody notices.

In any case, I expect to see some fine costumes posted here when I get back, and look forward to seeing if Capt Underpants can top his iPod costume!