Who's drop their new iPad?

chokem

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2012
Searcy, AR
I'm on my second iPad. When carrying it I'm over cautious. I haven't dropped either-yet. Now my 4S is a different story, thank goodness for OtterBox.

Kralledr

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2012
Me :(

It was a Perfect Unit nö Problems what so ever -_-

I have insurrance but i am Sure i will Not get a Perfect Unit back

Dlanod

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
UK
Mine slid from my desk onto the floor. In a Piel Frama case. No damage at all. Thankfully!

Kralledr

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2012
Mine slid from my desk onto the floor. In a Piel Frama case. No damage at all. Thankfully!
I have a Case but for iPad 2 so now the Magnets Not work , this is why i took it Off 5 minutes and Then it Happend :(

big samm

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2008
Dropped it twice on my wood floor at home... To my surprise the wood took the dents instead of the ipad :)
I know i wouldn't be that lucky if it fell on concrete... Oh and i got apple care + so im covered ;)

FlatlinerG

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Dropped it twice on my wood floor at home... To my surprise the wood took the dents instead of the ipad :)
I know i wouldn't be that lucky if it fell on concrete... Oh and i got apple care + so im covered ;)
Though the thought of an electronic device so strong that it would dent the concrete is pretty appealing :p

Mat246

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2011
UK
Mine fell yesterday onto the floor, I now have a small crack in the glass in the top left of the bezel. It was in a targus viewscape but was open.

Attachments

Last edited:

thuglove

macrumors member
May 12, 2011
Dropped mine two days ago in the bathroom, while waiting for my Joy Factory case to arrive :( Corners were bent slightly.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
yep we all have dropped ours. Now all three are in cases.
No complaints about cases.

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
I have never dropped my iPad 2 or 3 but like they say anything can happen and it did with my iPad 2. Regardless how careful you are the unexpected can occur !

I was walking to my front door in which I have a screen glass door and the wooden door with the lock. I was attempting to get into my house when a gust of wind come out of nowhere and slammed the screen door into my iPad. It hit the corner of the device and sure enough there was a nice dent and a small crack in the glass.

DollaTwentyFive

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2010
Parts Unknown
I dropped it about 3 weeks ago. Not far, just onto the countertop. Actually the smart cover came loose, which is what caused me to drop it.

Fortunately, I have insurance and purchase protection from my American Express Card. I was able to have the screen replaced for no charge.

Sadly, a similar thing happened within my first month of iPad 2 ownership as well. I guess the first month is cursed for me. :mad:

Virgo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Mine has dropped once from the bathroom sink counter onto the tile floor. It was in a cheap $5 case from ebay and the impact actually sliced through the case and left a scratch on the top left corner of the aluminum. Luckily there is no big dent and you can't even tell from the front/screen view. Lesson learned, though.. waiting for my speck case in the mail.

iEvolution

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
Biggest FEAR ever. Seriously.

Nothing like paying $800 for a 64gb iPad only to have it destroyed in a swift second.

I am definitely buying a case when it gets here tomorrow. (Can't wait!)

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
I am very careful with my iPad with no glass protection and case cover. I don't trust kids or adult use my iPad. I also cared my iPhone 4s with case. so far both have have not dropped on the floor. I recommend carpet. :)