Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you excited ?

• Yes

Votes: 54 47.8%
  • No

Votes: 59 52.2%

• Total voters

DBZmusicboy01

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
I believe the difference will be bigger than the different from the iPhone 7 Plus to the iPhone X

as crazy as it sounds. It makes sense. The only big difference between 7+ and the X
Was the OLED display and faster processor.
But internally it was very much the same even the same amount of RAM I believe
And iPhone 8 Plus was practically identical except the OLED display.
So I am VERY excited for the iPhone 11

Everything will be changed greatly. Even the display will be better. The notch is the only thing holding the iPhone 11 back and if it had no notch it will be the Perfected iPhone.
The iPhone that Apple has wanted since the 1st iPhone. The iPhone 12 will just have Promotion added and 5G and maybe no notch. The camera will be a bigger upgrade than the jump from the iPhone 5 to iPhone X camera. No Joke. The rumors says it.

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
The iPhone that Apple wanted since the first iPhone was the original. If Steve Jobs could have kept it that way, he would have done, but technology and demand changed as time went on but what Apple would have been happy with was somewhere between the 4 and the SE.

There is a lot less of a difference FOR ME between current models and the up-coming ones based on leaks than there was between the 7/8 and X. The X was Apple’s first all screen device, the only real difference between now and the 11 is a battery size increase on the Pro models and an upgraded camera with better AI. (All non confirmed). The shape is unchanged, the glass may change to a matte texture but I think the jump from 7/8 to X was more important than from now to the 11.

I don’t think we will see much change going forwards for a while, maybe they’ll even have to take a step back to take two steps forward in the future (smaller devices again). Who knows.

Last edited:

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
I wouldnt say excited but I think Apple has something up its sleeve that we havent seen from the leaks and rumors that will surprise people. I'm interested to see what they showcase at the keynote.

When was the last time Apple had a surprise iPhone feature we didn't know about?

MacRazySwe

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
The only possible game changer I see personally is Apple Pencil support. Performance is great already. Displays are fantastic. Cameras are really good... and so on!

Achillias

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
I'm not. It's time for Apple to have a design change. And not just the camera module. Won't buy a new iPhone till they come up with it.

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
I am excited, because I can get iPhone 7 for much cheaper price than current. I might get iPhone 7 Plus for my mom from Apple Store after the announcement. I believe Apple will offer end of life pricing. Otherwise, these refurbished iPhone 7 will also drop price accordingly.

As current standing, I am not getting any iPhone with FaceID, unless Apple dramatically improve FaceID, so I can still unlock my phone while I am laying down. FaceID as current standing, is not working well for me.

I will keep my 3 years old iPhone 7 and one year old refurbished iPhone 8 Plus for other year or two.

aFlockaCgulz

Suspended
Aug 21, 2019
Excited? Sure. I’m excited to see what will be officially released.

Excited to spend the money to upgrade? Well...that would depend on what they released

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
I believe the difference will be bigger than the different from the iPhone 7 Plus to the iPhone X

as crazy as it sounds. It makes sense. The only big difference between 7+ and the X
Was the OLED display and faster processor.
But internally it was very much the same even the same amount of RAM I believe
And iPhone 8 Plus was practically identical except the OLED display.
So I am VERY excited for the iPhone 11

Everything will be changed greatly. Even the display will be better. The notch is the only thing holding the iPhone 11 back and if it had no notch it will be the Perfected iPhone.
The iPhone that Apple has wanted since the 1st iPhone. The iPhone 12 will just have Promotion added and 5G and maybe no notch. The camera will be a bigger upgrade than the jump from the iPhone 5 to iPhone X camera. No Joke. The rumors says it.
iPhone 11 won’t have any major difference than the X and XS. Just an upgraded processor and camera.

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
My thing is: if the iPhone 11 gets an wide-angle lens... imagine the photos you'll see online and on social media! Sure, the Androids have been doing wide-angle for a while now but it never has become mainstream among the normal folks.

Reactions: Wide opeN

titrau

Suspended
Aug 16, 2017
I think apple will show everyone big suprise new iphone version that never leak before ,>> just becauze iphone leaking so much and they start keep secretly @@@

swissbob

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2019
My thing is: if the iPhone 11 gets an wide-angle lens... imagine the photos you'll see online and on social media! Sure, the Androids have been doing wide-angle for a while now but it never has become mainstream among the normal folks.
I would rather like a tele Lens.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
It's hard to figure what possibly could be added to these phones to make people excited about them. It's only going to be refinement from now on is my guess. Hard to get interested in that unless I check in every 5 years.

Point being- I'm still using an iPhone 6+ and nothing since has peaked my interest...and the rumor mill this year suggest nothing too different will be revealed this September- so the wait continues

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.