Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you excited ?

• Yes

Votes: 54 47.8%
  • No

Votes: 59 52.2%

• Total voters

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Yes on both. There's a 'notch' where the rear view mirror is on a car windshield, and the shape of sunglasses (even one-piece sports goggles) includes a notch as well.

(I know that was a joke comment but I couldn't resist.)
I thought the same about the windshield. Mine definitely has one.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017

That says nothing about using the same display as Samsung. It's talking about the set of chemicals for the display.

An official of the company that supplies OLED materials to Samsung Display said, "Material set is decided to be led by Samsung Display." "LG Display's material set selected by LG Display is applied to the OLED panel to be supplied to Apple iPhone this year."
In other words, as long as the final OLED product meets Apple's requirements, the OLED manufacturer can choose how to manufacture it.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015
Now how much of that is real?

There are already a few 90hz and 120hz OLED phones on the market with 6.5” displays made by Samsung and since the display is just a part it’s easy for Apple to place an order.
UFS 3.0 storage a few phones like the Note 10 already have that

Matte black kinda just a color choice

3D pictures all 3 Cameras take a picture and use AI software like 3D maps it’s just a Gimmic like Animoji’s

chrisforpm

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2015
I love my XS Max. I can’t see myself upgrading to the newest phone for the first time since the 3G (based on current rumours).

However, I’d consider it if there was a significantly larger battery and Apple Pencil support (or an Apple Pencil mini).

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
My thing is: if the iPhone 11 gets an wide-angle lens... imagine the photos you'll see online and on social media! Sure, the Androids have been doing wide-angle for a while now but it never has become mainstream among the normal folks.

In fairness the iPhone has always had a wide angle lens as 28mm full frame equivalent is considered wide angle.
With even wider angles I’m sure we’ll see lots of examples of funky compositions and potentially lots of distortion. But it’s good to have options of course.

Reactions: eulslix

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
I’m intrigued but Apple’s move to $1000+ iPhones has really dampened my enthusiasm for upgrading regularly. I used to be one of those people who upgraded every year and owned every iPhone from the 3G all the way through the X. Last year’s XS was the first time I skipped an upgrade. I had hoped the X line would be like the retina MacBook Pro back in 2012: crazy expensive the first year but then prices came down with subsequent generations as components and manufacturing processes got cheaper. When the XS stayed at the same $1000 price (and introduced an even more expensive model) it just left a bad taste in my mouth and I passed since there wasn’t too much difference from my X besides the improved camera.

Assuming Apple keeps the base price at $1000 again this year, the improvements will have to impress me to get me to upgrade. The 11 already has one strike against it with the removal of 3D Touch and my X is still chugging along just fine with a 93% battery. The new camera features and whatever else on the 11 had better knock my socks off. Otherwise, I’ll probably just wait until the 2020 redesign, which is rumored to have a smaller screen size option (finally).

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
There are already a few 90hz and 120hz OLED phones on the market with 6.5” displays made by Samsung and since the display is just a part it’s easy for Apple to place an order.
UFS 3.0 storage a few phones like the Note 10 already have that

Matte black kinda just a color choice

3D pictures all 3 Cameras take a picture and use AI software like 3D maps it’s just a Gimmic like Animoji’s

I realize all that. My Razer has 120. My question was as it applies to the next iPhone; how much of this is real?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.