Who's gonna try to get one the 25th?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iFoure, Mar 6, 2011.

1. iFoure macrumors member

Because there is a thread already for the 11th buyers and I'm not one of them :)rolleyes:) I'm gonna make a matching thread for those who live in one of the 26 countries that are gonna get the new iPad 2 on the 25th.

So, where are you from and are you gonna try to get the iPad 2 on the 25th?

I'm from Finland and hell yes, I'm getting mine on the 25th, 19 days to go :D

2. CristobalHuet macrumors 65816

CristobalHuet

I would (Canada), but I can't skip class that day.

So I'm just going to ship it to a US friend of mine who'll send it back to me. :D

3. BadaBing!! macrumors 6502

BadaBing!!

I will. I have a friend working at FutureShop so I'll see if he can help.
    I can't wait to see how much stock will be available in the US on March 11. That will be an indicator to see if it'll be easy to grab one on March 25 here.

4. ATC macrumors 6502a

I'm planning on picking one up on the 25th. I have gift cards from FutureShop and BestBuy so I'm hoping I can walk out with one but I'm not holding my breath. I have a feeling there will stock shortages the first few weeks (if memory serves me from the last launch).

Out of curiosity, are you guys planning on getting the white or black?

5. iFoure thread starter macrumors member

6. BadaBing!! macrumors 6502

BadaBing!!

Same for me. I have $550 worth of FS gift cards.

Black 32Gb+3G for me

7. ATC macrumors 6502a

Still undecided on colour and memory size but I don't think I'll be getting the 3G version. I have 6GB data plan on my iPhone 4 (Rogers) and hardly use a third of it, and with iOS 4.3's hotspot feature I'm hoping I can run my iPad 2 through the hotspot from my iP4.

8. Justin122 macrumors 6502

Black 32GB WiFi. I'm hoping that it's 5PM opening for us as well as I need those 2 hours to get to Brighton after school.

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yes I am :) By hook or by crook. I need somthing to play with as my 3DS charges it's battery on the same day :D

10. Lostanddamned macrumors 6502a

Lostanddamned

Yep. Been saving since last September for an iPad and I'm good to go now, so I'm gonna be training over to the Apple store nice and early in the AM

11. Crosbie macrumors 6502a

Crosbie

Yup, I'll be picking up a preordered 3DS on the same day... Might get the iPad on the Saturday. Hope they'll let you preorder for store pickup.

12. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

Im going to wait a few weeks to make sure there arent any problems with it.

But I will DEFINITELY be popping by on the 25th and checking it out!!

Ill be getting the black 32GB WiFi only version

- I need 32GB space, 16 wont do
    - I can tether my iPhone 4 to my ipad when I need too (MyWi On demand haha)

13. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

I'm from the UK, was considering ordering online from Comet (so I can use the discount vouchers on the net) and then collect in store on the 25th.

But I'm still undecided as to whether or not I want one. I have my plan in readiness should I decide I want one.

14. profets macrumors 68040

I'm in Canada... thinking of getting a 3G model. Curious actually as to what the non-US prices will be.

I'm not too far from Buffalo, thinking of going to check it out next week.

15. Frankydan100 macrumors regular

Frankydan100

Im in the UK and think im prob just gonna order mine from apple.co.uk on the day of launch....

Hmmm thinking 32gb black... wifi.

16. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Yeah I'll try, I'm from Sweden and I'll have to wait for the official prices but I think I'll have enough to get one. Getting the 32GB Wifi only model for sure, not decided on the color yet.

17. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

I will order a white iPad 32GB WiFi online as soon as it becomes available for preorder. It would be nice if it arrives on the 25th, but since I don't really need it, I can wait a day or two :)

18. BadaBing!! macrumors 6502

BadaBing!!

According to iPadInCanada.com:
    Link: http://www.ipadincanada.ca/ipad-news/ipad-2-coming-to-canada-march-25/

19. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

I've heard that the ipad 2 3G will be locked to a particular carrier. Anyone know if this is true? Apparent, on the Canadian Apple site, it says that you have to choose a carrier when you order. Do you think it will be locked or are they just asking so you get the correct sim card shipped with it??

Paying full price and having it locked is BS!!!

20. 03sho macrumors 6502a

Going to try and get one from the Apple store on the 25th

21. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Do you think it will be available for pre-order in the EU? I know it isn't in the US but it would be nice. If it is I may just copy your plan :) I don't really like lines.

22. profets macrumors 68040

There's a long thread here about locked/unlocked for US/Canada. It really seems like they just copied the '3G' info page from US apple site and replaced AT&T or Verizon with Roger,Bell or Telus. Also part of the iPad page on apple.ca still says AT&T or Verizon for 3G. So most likely its just inaccurate and it will be unlocked.

23. profets macrumors 68040

Well, not the end of the world but that kind of sucks if true. Its not really an official announcement from Apple.. iPadinCanada is probably just using the same numbers from last year since Apple said the prices in the US aren't moving.

I thought maybe the price could drop a bit because of the currency value and seeing that the original iPad dropped in price to be only a $20 difference from US and no longer $50.

24. BadaBing!! macrumors 6502

BadaBing!!

Same here. I can't understand if there is such a price difference.

25. Hawkeye411, Mar 6, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2011

Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

But the Canada Apple website specifically refers to Rogers, Telus, or Bell. Do you happen to have a link to the thread you refer to?

Thanks very much!

Update!!

Just found this information and apparently it's unlocked!!

http://www.ipadincanada.ca/ipad-news/apple-confirms-ipad-2-3g-att-model-from-us-unlocked/

Cheers.