Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CooperBox

macrumors 68000
Remember the spring loaded watches?
And the locomotive, as a symbol for accuracy?

View attachment 2378348

For those who may be unaware, Herma (not to be confused with Hermès) is a French watch manufacturer founded in 1881 by Ulysse Anguenot. At the time, the company was called Etablissements Pétolat Frères et Anguenot and was initially located in Villers-le-Lac, close to Le Locle. Although I'm quite familiar with the LIP and Yema French brands, Herma watches are not so popular. One of their most sought-after watches is a divers, named the Calypso in homage to Commandant Cousteau's boat.
After a few checks I would guess that your Herma pocket watch is scarce, and unless it's a modern re-release I'd guess at a date in the 1920's.
I see on a French web site there are currently over 100 Herma watches from private sales ranging from 10euros upwards, but not one pocket watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Queen6 and GerritV

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
For those who may be unaware, Herma (not to be confused with Hermès) is a French watch manufacturer founded in 1881 by Ulysse Anguenot. At the time, the company was called Etablissements Pétolat Frères et Anguenot and was initially located in Villers-le-Lac, close to Le Locle. Although I'm quite familiar with the LIP and Yema French brands, Herma watches are not so popular. One of their most sought-after watches is a divers, named the Calypso in homage to Commandant Cousteau's boat.
After a few checks I would guess that your Herma pocket watch is scarce, and unless it's a modern re-release I'd guess at a date in the 1920's.
Thanks for your interesting contribution @CooperBox. I knew some, but definitely not all.
If I remember correctly, I purchased my Herma in the early Eighties. Guess that makes it a re-release.

CooperBox

macrumors 68000
Further to the posts on Herma watches, I've always been attracted to divers and LED watches and have one of each from different manufacturers. For those who may be interested (as I was) here are photos of a Herma LED and a rather attractive Calypso. I'd be pleased wearing either of these. Perhaps one day........ :)

HLED.jpg

HDiver.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.