Whos got their Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows book?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mac-Addict, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Ahh I just got mine from Tescos! I got there 30mins early and was nearly at the front of the line but 10 mins before they let us in the line was all the way back down the street! Cheeky bastards charged £2 more then their online price. Who else has theres?

edit: Please don't post any spoilers in this thread.

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Mine won't arrive from Amazon for probably about 20 hours or so. I'll soon go offline to avoid spoilers I know will be posted shortly....

3. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

I haven't got mine yet as it's 6:12 PM here. But I will be going to the midnight launch. :cool:

4. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I've got mine on order, ready to be picked up from the bookshop as soon as I finish work in about two hours. I really wanted to get it at 9am (which was about an hour ago) but I forgot I had to work. I'm planning to read the entire thing this weekend!

5. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

6. FrankBlack macrumors 6502

FrankBlack

I'm not into the Harry Potter thing, but I have no problem with people that are. In fact, I think it's good that people are this excited over this.

There is a huge line in Harvard Square right now. They're all waiting for the Harvard Coop to start selling the book at midnight.

7. Keebler macrumors 68030

not yet. i'm waiting to buy a box set of the books and a box set of the movies, then i'll sit and read, then watch them all with my son. he's 6 now so he'll be able to read them in another year or so (he's an amazing reader at this age and will love these books no doubt).

on a side note, i posted total fake plot leaks on my facebook status.

it was great.. people thought i was serious and absolutely snapped :)

i love messing with ppl. i hung them on for a bit then told them i was kidding (I just hope i'm wrong b/c some were pretty mad :) lol

Cheers and enjoy the reading,
    Keebler

8. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

Sigh, I ordered mine late now I have to wait till Tuesday.

If anyone has the first line of the book so I can verify that this "leaked" copy is legit I would appreciate it so i can read it this weekend when I actually have time :(

9. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Same here, except make that about 15-16 hours. I'm going to a Harry Potter launch party in a few minutes though, because my neighbor invited me so he and his sister can torture me with their shiny new copies. :( I'll get over it though.

10. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

Three minutes 'till midnight- I'm about to head up to the walmart.

11. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I'm up to Chapter 7 and it's great so far so everyone should be going out and getting a copy for themselves!

12. kristiano macrumors regular

Just finished reading. I went to Borders about an hour and a half before the launch and there was something like a thousand people in the queue. So I walked 5 minutes away to another bookstore and was first in line. :p

13. kidwithdimples macrumors 6502a

One of the worst books ever, IMO. :)

Don't attack me.

14. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I was up working late and took a break at 2:15 to drive over to WalMart and pick one up. I wouldn't even have known about it, though, if my wife hadn't mentioned it. Supposedly there were quite a number of costumes - both kids and adults at the event.

D:rolleyes:

15. -kritter- macrumors regular

-kritter-

just got mine at walmart, totally forgot about the big event, and my parents are gone for the weekend but i took the car anyways.... :D

16. mpw Guest

I was walking through town last night on the way home at around 1am I couldn't figure out why there were so many people about that didn't look like club-goers and weren't really dressed for a night out. I felt sorry for them though 'cause many of them seemed to be being chased by tiny witches.......now reading this thread I'm thinking, parents and kids in costume? It does kinda make more sense considering I have no hangover.

17. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

Mine's "in transit to final destination" which means it's probably on my doorstep already -- maybe.

Should I look? It's 3:02am right now. :eek:

18. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

19. bartelby macrumors Core

The wife is anxiously wait for her copy to arrive. The post around here is pretty crap at the best of times.

20. MalcolmJID macrumors 6502a

I was supposed to go and get my book at midnight, but my car chose 10.45pm last night to inconveniently sieze the rear passenger side brake on :(

My parents were in bed, so I also just went to bed. The two people I were supposed to take with me just got a lift off a relative and didn't invite me. Great.

Luckily, a kind soul of a friend picked one up for me from Asda at about 8 this morning! Whoooop! I shall have it soon!

21. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

For those HP early adopters, I was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me.

I was thinking of getting the 8GB adult version. Would the 4GB children's version limit me in any way?

How durable is the cover? What book protectors do you recommend?

Is there any yellow tinting on the pages?

I wanted to get it at Barnes and Noble. Do they require a 2 year committment? Will Borders let me out of my contract early?

Should I get a book lamp so I can read in bed? What about the battery life?

Are there any cool mods out yet for the book?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

22. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I went to the bookstore today. I saw the new HP book, but instead of that, I picked up a book called "Where's Bin Laden?" (ie: Exactly like "Where's Waldo/Wally????", but with Bin Laden hiding in crowds.... :confused: )

23. weckart macrumors 68040

I would wait until a few months until HP8 is released, it will twice the size of HP7 and have twice the number of characters. Of course it will no longer be compatible with Dumbledore or Voldemort, so anyone rushing in now will have to upgrade or be left with an inferior story.

24. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

25. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

That's actually the adult cover but the children's cover looks like this in the UK/Australia...

[​IMG]