Who's Lining Up (or In Line) for an iPad for (3/18)?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Larrabee213, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Larrabee213 macrumors regular

Who's getting in line for an iPad tomorrow? I am going to try and get there at 6:30am in hopes of not having to keep searching for one.

2. LegalTender macrumors newbie

IMO if you live close to a Target they may be your best bet.

Use to methods in the stickied thread "Target Information". I got my 32gig Wifi iPad 2 this morning at the price of a mere 1 hour wait.

There were only four in stock, but those of us on line easily got out preferences.

3. Virtute macrumors member

I'm planning to line up at the Apple store in the Walden Galleria outside of Buffalo tomorrow morning. I'll call them tonight to see if they received a shipment today first, though.

Did anyone go to Walden this morning? I didn't see any tweets about about a lineup. I was thinking that showing up around 7:00 would be sufficient.

4. WoodrowCall macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

If I hadn't gotten one this morning, I would be. I lined up Tuesday and they only had 5, tried again this morning and had better luck. I'm hoping for everyone else's sake that it's a sign of inventory opening up a little.

5. ohla313 macrumors 6502a

ohla313

will tomorrow at GSP in Paramus...if no iPads, then the next day...if not again, the next day...and the next day...and the next day...

6. Larrabee213 thread starter macrumors regular

Trust me I am all over it. Nothing in my area, will check again tonight and in the morning before I head to the Apple store.

7. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

I've been in line the last two days without luck. The local Apple store gets about 15 iPads each day. The first day they had Verizon only. Today they had mostly WiFi with some Verizon. I'm hoping for an ATT 32GB Black. I got there about 6:45AM and was number 15 in line. Some people showed up later said that 400 people lined up in San Francisco. I checked with another local Apple store and they had received zero iPads. Zero.

8. camaroIOM macrumors 6502

I got two 16 gigs this am and I was third in line getting there at 5 am. They only had 9 in stock. 1 32 gig wifi black and 8 16 gig black wifi. First 5 people in line got them. I plan on going back in the am and getting two more for friends of mine. Planning on arriving at 330 am to be first in line this time around. First customer was 430 then 445 then myself at 5 am and so on. By the time 7 am rolled around line wrapped around store. Between 430 am and 9 am over 250 stopped by to get Ipad. 245 turned away.

9. Larrabee213 thread starter macrumors regular

I am going to try and get to my store by 6:30, I am not even sure if the mall opens before then.

10. ccsicecoke macrumors regular

6:30am you will get nothing if you are from NYC.

11. Larrabee213 thread starter macrumors regular

nh.

12. deathcab4xtina macrumors regular

I will be lining up for 5 th time I'm Towson, MD, still in search of a 64 gig black wifi to replace the one that had to be returned.

13. ozred macrumors 6502

True.

I didn't even give serious thought to Target till I saw the other Target thread. Timed it so I was there when they opened, and I was the only customer in the department.

Picked up three, and was outta there in mere minutes. Shocking how easy it was.

No phone calls, no waiting, just walked in. Thanks MacRumors!

14. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Pittsburgh

I want to line up at one of the Apple stores in Pittsburgh, either Ross Park or South Hills Village. Probably around 7:45. Malls both open at 8.

Anyone tried either in the mornings?

15. CommanderData macrumors regular

Going to Rockingham Park or Pheasant Lane Mall? Haven't been to the one in Nashua, but Rockingham you won't be able to enter before 7AM.

16. Larrabee213 thread starter macrumors regular

Nashua, just found out mall doesn't open until 8am. So I guess it will be a mad sprint to the apple store. Thankfully I am in pretty good shape. :D

17. Ironworker808 macrumors regular

Think I'm gonna try the Mall at Millennia tomorrow morning. (In Orlando)

Talked to a rep there and he said that if they get a delivery, they will open early. No shipment, no open early. It's basically a crapshoot at this point.

When I called and asked if they were participating in the "open early" program he first responded with..."depends who's asking." After my laughter died down I told him that I appreciated that he could still have a sense of humor after answering the same iPad questions thousands of times over the last week. He appreciated my appreciation.

18. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

heard pittsburgh store got robbed and they are cleaning up the glass.

19. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Yea I'm thinking the same thing. RUN!!!!
    Mall opens at 8, who knows how many entrances, or which doors one first.

20. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Ya that's the Shadyside store. Not going there. ;)

21. American Beauty macrumors newbie

I had been going to Ross Park and they've had less than 10 Tuesday and Wednesday. People were lined up outside the mall starting at 7, and it got up to about 20-25 people by the time the mall opened at 8. Somehow other people are getting into the mall even earlier, maybe coming in with employees, so there are already 7 or 8 people lined up at the actual store once we all got in. Both days. They've had only wifi and Verizon. Not sure about South Hills.

22. Virtute macrumors member

I just called the Apple store in the Walden Galleria in Buffalo and spoke to a very friendly man. The phone rang and rang and rang, and it was the second time I had called. I was about to hang up when I heard someone pick up, not say anything, and then start laughing hysterically. Then he apologized and told me they weren't selling any iPad 2s. I asked him if they would be opening early to sell them tomorrow morning and he said they would be doing so at 9AM with very limited stock.

Count me in.

23. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Super secret pro tip: if you can, avoid mall Apple stores.

24. AudioFred macrumors newbie

Actually, 7:50 got me an iPad 2 in NYC this morning. Harlem Target had two iPad2s 32GB Wifi. I got to the store 10 mins before opening. No one waiting. Walked casually to the back and asked for assistance. Out by 8:20am. :)

25. Larrabee213 thread starter macrumors regular

OK guys, off to bed. Up at 5:30am in hopes of finally getting one. Wish me luck. If you are going to the Nashua NH store tomorrow I will be wearing a green Celtics hat if you want to say hi.