Who's still using the iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by damonbus, Nov 13, 2013.

1. damonbus macrumors member

damonbus

2. Stewart21 macrumors regular

My wife is. No problems with IOS7. It's still a good phone. Certainly miles better than my Samsung Galaxy Mini.

3. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

I have a 4 non S that I keep in a drawer for emergencies, like if I lose my phone or something. I use it once in a while when I sell or buy phones. It's got ios7 on it, which has tons of lag and can be slow, but it functions and works mostly and is quite usable. I'm old school and IMO the 4 is the last really nice Apple phone ever made. That dual glass, hefty feeling just gave it that fine watch kind of a feeling that I miss with the ip5/5s.

4. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

iPhone 4 really should be replaced with a 5S or 5C if possible. Yes iPhone 4 is still better than all the Android phones but for the best possible iOS 7 experience you need to take advantage of new technologies Apple has deployed in its newest handsets.

5. jjusmo macrumors regular

I am ATM, but not for long...About to buy a 5 or 5C.

I used my dads 4S and was amazed how smooth it was compared to my 4. Both were on iOS7.0.3. I can only imagine the 5/5C when I get it :D

My phone is not laggy, just kind of slow but I can live with it just fine. Could use the speed bump now but I'm perfectly fine waiting another month..

6. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

i have a friend who, despite all my recommendations against it, bought an iPhone 4 on a 3 year contract (Canada) right before the iPhone 5S came out, and the 4S got a price drop.

7. wymi macrumors regular

I'm using my 3 year old iPhone 4 on Verizon. It's on 5.0.1 and it's jailbroken. It needed a new battery a few months ago but other then that it works like the day I got it.

8. AnorexicPig macrumors 6502

AnorexicPig

My mom does, with iOS 7 and she is perfectly fine with it. Though she is getting my dad's 4S next month. And dad gets my 5 and I get a new 5s and the saga continues :D

9. stuffradio macrumors 65816

I'm using a 4 and it's holding up fine. I'm upgrading next September though.

10. ttinc macrumors regular

I am...pain in the ass with ios 7 for the most part. Will either grab a 4s if the right opportunity comes up or will drag it out til the iphone 6 gets released.

11. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

My dad has a passed down 4 16gb running iOS7 without any major issues. Battery holds up okay too!

12. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

I am. On the last iOS 6 release. It's slow but workable. The hardware is like new. The original battery is still quite good.

13. FrozenInferno macrumors regular

I just upgraded to the 5S and I'll probably keep my 4 as a spare in case I have problems, or continue to use it as an iPod. It's really a gorgeous device and I hate the thought of getting rid of it.

14. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Keep in mind you will need a SIM adaptor as the iP5 SIM is too small for the iP4.

15. mtbdudex macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

Well my wife and I each had a iPhone4 32GB version Feb-2011 thru today, 2.75 years....
    Our iPhone5s just came via fedex, so we've delegated those 2 as "family" iPod Touch devices for now.

They worked fine, no problem with iOS7.x for us, on Verizon.

My kids are 11, 9, and 7, to young for a phone.
    These, plus iPad2, are their "rewards" to use when homework is done.
    Playing mindcraft, other kid apps.

16. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Not everyone has money growing in their backyard. Also, many people keep their iPhone 4 as backup units.

17. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

Still using my 4 with ios7 its still very useable.
    I only have had the 3G and the 4 will see how high te 5s will blow em out of the water on the 27th a day before thanksgiving :)

18. Hephaestus macrumors 6502

I was using one for 3.5 years until last week when I bought an iP5. It was certainly usable with iOS7 but pretty darn slow. The lack of transparency looked pretty awful too.

19. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

I've used it for the past 3 years with no problems until I updated to iOS7 and the phone became very slow. To slow for me at least.

20. joeluken macrumors member

Back using the 4 after my second 5s was returned due to power button rattle. Will probably carry on using it for now due to the 5s build quality lottery.

I reset the 4 and it may be all in my mind but it seems r to run a bit faster now with ios7. I've had no issue with in the 3 years I've used it.

21. wymi macrumors regular

I need the jailbreak to disable A2DP.

22. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Just sold mine to my dad, and he only bought it because he lost his 3GS.

It's a little slow from my perspective, but the 3GS was fine for his needs so he's not the type to notice that kind of thing.

After phone calls his 2nd biggest use for it is photos, so from that perspective it's a big step up for him.

23. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

And my aging vw really should be replaced with a new Mercedes.

24. sixrom macrumors 6502a

Each year I buy the latest iPhone and give my other one to my wife. She liked the iPhone 4 so much I ended up giving my 4S to my brother.

25. 960design macrumors 68000

I use the 4S as a little brain for my robot. It hasn't complained yet. Sometimes it sneezes or gets angry when I turn out the lights.