Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mpainesyd

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Have had the rMB for a week. Still waiting for delivery of the Apple HDMI adapter and will try it out on a HD monitor when it arrives.
In the meantime the rMB works well using Airplay to an Apple TV for watching videos. I prefer the native retina resolution rather than the system's recommended projector/ATV resolution.

mpainesyd

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Have had the rMB for a week. Still waiting for delivery of the Apple HDMI adapter and will try it out on a HD monitor when it arrives.
In the meantime the rMB works well using Airplay to an Apple TV for watching videos. I prefer the native retina resolution rather than the system's recommended projector/ATV resolution.

Works well on a 4k monitor using HDMI adapter from Apple - very clear picture. However it will not play DRM HD movies downloaded from iTunes. It gives a message that the monitor does not support DRM content. Not an issue for me but this would happen with nay Mac using this monitor.

macinla

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Works well on a 4k monitor using HDMI adapter from Apple - very clear picture. However it will not play DRM HD movies downloaded from iTunes. It gives a message that the monitor does not support DRM content. Not an issue for me but this would happen with nay Mac using this monitor.

This is at 30Hz, right? Is it a problem to use it with that lower refresh rate?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.