Whose iPhone will be sitting all lonesome on their doorstep?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iBreatheApple, Oct 13, 2011.

1. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I hope nobody knows what mine is. But seeing has how I'm always on my balcony with my Air, have an Apple sticker on the back of my car, and have Im.A.Mac, Im.A.Mac.5GHz, and Im.A.Mac.Guest wifi networks, they'll probably know. :eek:

Is anyone else's iPhone going to be sitting out there all alone (Basically, are you leaving a note because you won't be there)?

2. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

I suspect my cat will tear into it long before it has a chance to get lonely.

3. jreilly37 macrumors member

I will be working from home tomorrow so I will be here to give my phone a warm welcome. :D

4. elaniemay macrumors 6502

elaniemay

Nope. My son's school carnival is tomorrow, which I specifically am leaving work early to go to, but now I am going home instead to make sure I'm present when it arrives and my husband and mother-in-law are taking the kids to the carnival.

Oh darn, I'm going to miss the carnival cuz I have to wait for my iP4S :p

UPS doesn't usually arrive at my house until 7pm-9pm anyway tho :mad:

5. winterny macrumors 6502

Also, please post your address if you will have your phone sitting on your doorstep.

Thanks!

6. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

Mine will be waiting for me. I'll only be out for 2 hours, but judging by previous delivery times, I won't be home. I'm going to leave a note for UPS, but apparently they aren't accepting them. If worst comes to worst, I can drive out the road and pick it up at the local hub. It's not even a 2 minute drive from my house, so I shouldn't have any problems.

7. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I posted a big sticky note on my door that says "Knock hard." Hopefully, this means my iPhone won't be lonely or else my yorkie will toss it to shreds.

8. rkahl macrumors 65816

Well sounds like they already "know" about you anyway, but seriously... the Apple Sticker on the back of your car! Now that's really different!

9. UTeach macrumors newbie

Luckily I'm off work on Fridays and I really want to skip out on school, BUT, I have 3 test tomorrow, so I actually have to go, don't have a choice. I'll get out around 3pm and head straight home from there.

At my APT, I have two front doors (first one leads to the patio, the second one is the actual front door of my APT). I plan on leaving the pre-sign slip taped to my door and asking the UPS man to leave it on the patio (that way nobody will know its there).

And luckily, I also live up on the 2nd floor of my Apt complex, so nobody goes up there unless they actually live up there.

10. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

You do know that you can just pick it up later that day at a hub or the next day...

You're missing your son's carnival so you can be home and receive a phone? It' s always great to hear about parents who have their priorities straight :cool: Glad you weren't my mother. I feel bad for your kid though..

11. rkahl macrumors 65816

Until the thugs who have been following the big brown truck for the past 6 miles see him coming down the stairs with your pre-signed release in his hand. If your apt. has an office I'd look into that route.

12. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

Depends on how old the kid is... when I was 12 or 13 I'd much rather my mom had stayed home. :D

13. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I've strategically placed ALL my cats along the driveway and have my wabbit in ATTACK mode against all intruders foreign or domestic, except for someone wearing BROWN SHORTS...Actually, I'm taking the day off from work, then going golfing with my new iPhone 4S Golf GPS app!!! :D:p:D

My ADDY: 1234 The HOOD Street, INGLEWOOD, CA 91042

14. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

haha true :D

15. brianld macrumors member

brianld

lol ... knew someone would post this. :)

16. EcuadorianMami macrumors regular

Off from work tomorrow just to wait for my iphones in front of my garage in case dumb UPS driver wants to leave it to some other house...

17. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Me too :)

I'll be leaving the pre-sign form on the door (with instructions on where to put the box, not right in front of the front door like usual), just in case the UPS man arrives earlier than his usual 6:30-8pm time frame. He has 3 packages for me tomorrow...it's like Christmas!

18. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

give me your address i will keep it company until the 5 comes out

19. ApplesAndOrangs macrumors regular

I don't think they ever leave it at the door. They always need a signature?

20. libertysat macrumors regular

I had to sign for my ip4 when I received it

Everything Apple has ever sent me required a sig for delivery

A few years ago I ordered a mouse and the driver mixed up the address and delivered it to 1522 - I am at and label said 1255
    Some lady signed for it

The driver entered the address he dropped it at which I saw in the FedEx tracking place and went there and asked for my mouse

21. X3NIA macrumors member

Me me!

Mine will be waiting until 3PM when I get off of work, Assuming they deliver it BEFORE I get off.

Filled out the pre-sign and asked them to leave it on the back doorstep. I hope the UPS driver is nice enough to walk the extra 30 feet and leave it there!

I have all of Saturday off to mess with it.

22. Jordan9 macrumors member

Jordan9

Just curious, what GPS golf app are you using? I use GolfLogix and like it so far.

23. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I've NEVER signed for my Apple Products purchased online! They've always left it at my doorstep as long as I had the pre-sign agreement taped to my door. MBP, MBA, iPhone 4 have always been left at my doorstep! Like I said before:

ADDY: 1234 THE HOOD STREET, INGLEWOOD, CA 91042....lol :D

24. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I also painted 'Steve Jobs 1955-2011' on the back windows for a week after he died. I don't see the problem?

25. rkahl macrumors 65816

Nothing that medication can't help.