Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Wow the original iPhone never got MMS, even through a software update?

That's sad, considering phones from 2005-2006 already supported MMS and the original iPhone came out in 2007. What was Apple thinking?

I wouldn't mind one as a collector's item. I also have SIM adapters so I could pop my nano SIM from my iPhone 5 into it and use it if I wanted to. It would be a bit of a step down though. ;)

Who needs MMS anymore? Now we have iMessage, Whatsapp and tonnes of other messaging app.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
iPhones.jpg

IOIOIO

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2012
I would love to see an retro iPhone with same form factor as the original but with retina screen and LTE. I still have an original iPhone in shrink wrap..

RRutter

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2008
Austin, TX
I would love to see an retro iPhone with same form factor as the original but with retina screen and LTE. I still have an original iPhone in shrink wrap..

That's a first; everybody typically enjoys the new design (including me). The old one was flimsy, the back/corners reminded me of aluminum foil the way they would bend so easily. I feel like they've pulled through in the design department these past couple years.

UnclePaulie

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2004
LA, CA

I agree. If someone could figure out how to take the iPhone 4S screen and internals (I'll even settle for a 3GS) and fit them into the original iPhone body, I'd buy one. I've been searching around for this lately and haven't found anyone doing this. I miss my original iPhone.

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2008
i guess i do if i send a pic to someone who doesn't have an iphone. How else do you send pics? I mean, to another phone outside of e-mail?

Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger. Hardly anyone still texts where I live.

dasx

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
My uncle gave his original iPhone to his daughter 4 years ago and she's still using it. She's just 13 now but what the hell. :D

SwingOnThis

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2008
My 4 was over two years old and took a dump over the weekend and was unusable. Since i was out of contract, i went to Apple store to pick up a 5. None in stock, so i was thinking i'd have to activate my 2G while i waited to find a 5. Luckily it never came to that, i was able to pick one up at the Apple store Tuesday morning just by getting there early. 32GB/white

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.