Why all the trash talking? Can't we give the iPhone some love?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macjunkie33, Feb 4, 2011.

1. macjunkie33 macrumors member

I can't believe people want to troll around talking trash about carriers. Do you have nothing better to do? A lot of people have been waiting to get their hands on an iPhone. A few people being sour about the launch and the end of their bragging about how they have the phone exclusively is just purely comical. Are you a true iPhone fan or just a carrier fanboy?

Look at how successful the pre-sale over on Verizon was Feb 3. This hasn't even been publicly released yet. I think there should be more discussion about how great it is to spread the iOS love to new carriers and continue to gain market domination.

The iPhone is simply bigger than any carrier, it a great product, and the best OS available. I had to settle for Android for over year to hold me over and I can't wait to finally get my hands on the phone I've been looking at and wanting for years. Call me an idiot for being a Verizon customer and the release of iPhone 5 in 5 months, but I don't care what you say, this phone has what I need now. Why do some need to pick on the new iPhone customers? I thought the Apple community was better than that. Perhaps those talking the loudest are not even true Apple fanboys.

Apple offers the very best products and people will desire them, regardless of carrier, version, product cycle, and this is why Apple's brand is one of the most influential of all time.

As Apple fans let's not bicker and complain, lets talk about how Apple is absolutely killing it with sales and quickly becoming the most successful company of our time. I don't think there is any need for jealousy, anger, or trash talking about providers. I remember when Apple was the little guy who made excellent products and this is why I became an Apple junkie at such young age.

Call me a hater or what you want but I got love for Apple and thats why I posted this. Spread the love! APPLE FTW... Can't us iPhone users get along?

2. stewart715 macrumors 6502

If I was on AT&T I'd be bitter too. It's like shoveling snow before snow blowers were around. Once your neighbor gets one (Verizon), you try to find reasons of why its better to shovel (AT&T). And there's really no reason...

AT&T people are stuck with a **** carrier until their contract is up.

3. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

You have to realize that an overwhelming majority of the trash talkers have emotional issues. They have such poor self-esteem that they identify their worth with their brand choices. "I buy therefore I am" is one of the saddest forms of self-expression there is.

4. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

Some have an inferiority complex and are upset their precious phone is now going to be available to "the masses" and not just in their "exclusive" at&t club. Very childish and immature.

5. tucker3434 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Some people are mad that the club isn't as exlusive as it used to be. They act like they were chosen by god to own iphones and how dare the rest of us peasants on vzw get iphones too. Its pretty ridiculous.

6. elhungarian macrumors regular

im getting a "slower" Verizon one.. but it's the slower one or none at all.. who cares what carrier your on? more carriers is better for the consumer. You think verizon would have unlimited data if ATT didnt have the iPhone? uh no.
    :apple:

7. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

I am not bitter about verizon getting the iPhone. I could care less. Personaly I wouldn't go to verizon because I like the speed of att, but if you like verizon, then good for you.

8. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Dear Sir/Ma'am,
    I beg to differ. You see, your opinion looks clearly based upon incomplete facts and hearsay. I am in Dallas and AT&T coverage here is top notch. I have zero complaints, nor do I drop any calls. SO you can't say all AT&T people having issues.
    I would believe that you are only basing your opinion based upon what you hear from the complaints, while fully neglecting non-complaints of satisfied users.

:D

9. HeezyBear macrumors regular

Wait, what? People are actually happy to have slower data speeds and no ability to talk and surf and then bash people who can? I guess I don't see the big deal since I live in a market where both carriers have basically the same coverage. At which point the only thing matters is which phone performs better on all other points, which is the GSM version.

10. andrewr2123 macrumors member

Just saying, for me, AT&T has better service where I live. I had Verizon for about 4 years and AT&T seems to have better signal that with Verizon.
    It just depends on where you live.
    If you live near a city, there is a big chance that AT&T will be better, but if you live in the middle of nowhere/far from a city, than Verizon is the right choice.:eek:

11. Boulderer2001 macrumors member

Who cares about the carrier. Some places Verizon is better than AT&T. I am hoping that with more people getting the iPhone we will see some competition between the companies to lure in customers. Also hopefully Apple will bring us some features we want on the iPhone sooner.

12. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

+1 OP
    It get so annoying when people say "You can't make calls on AT&T" or "you can't do this or that on Verizon"

Half the time, people are talking out of their ass. I can make calls on AT&T's network, and I bet people who are buying the Verizon iPhone are aware of its pros/cons and they find the trade off worth it.

Geez, chill already.

and I'm on the side for "not waiting" for the next iPhone. If I really wanted to get an iPhone 4 now, I would. I don't care that a new one is coming in 5-6 months to be honest. If I want it now, I'll get it.

13. eNcrypTioN macrumors 6502

haha couldn't have said it better myself. people like that live a truly pathetic existence.

14. Gavernty macrumors 6502

all the verizon fanboys coming out of their caves now that they have a respectable phone on their network that doesn't have "Verizon" stamped on it at least twice

15. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

It's just funny to me how all the verizon people think they know how my at&t service is. I can make calls just like you.

16. RudyAndBlitz macrumors newbie

Agreed with the two posts above, my service is perfectly fine and have never had a problem. But don't worry, we already got our iPhones last year and when iPhone 5 comes out we wont be stuck with the iPhone 4.

17. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Excuse me pal, but many of us are quite happy with AT&T. If they don't work well for you in your area, fine, go with Verizon, but all of this "my network is better than yours" crap is getting old.

18. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Agree. I've never hated verizon and it's just funny how they think everyone with AT&T has bad service. Just like you choose verizon as your provider I choose AT&T because they work for me.

19. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Dear god...

AT&T has issues yes, but not all of their 93 million users are not stuck with bad services.

20. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

every one is annoying me too. Verizon people make up some of the biggest bull ever and im tried of all the talk about the carriers ect. everyone just needs to **** about that stuff already.

21. stewart715 macrumors 6502

someone in good AT&T area/bad Verizon area vs. bad AT&T area/good Verizon Area calls for a very stupid ignorant argument between two people.

Honestly, the AT&T - Verizon argument can't really be made. While Verizon would likely win out for all categories, most of the time, we're talking to a ton of people all across the country where service for both networks is inconsistent.

22. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

WOW, dude, did you ever stop and think, "Hey! Maybe other people have better reception than me, maybe AT&T isn't bad after all"

oh yeah, you didn't

Stop making false statements based on your experience, there are millions of AT&T customers who have great, awesome, cool, fast 3G coverage.

Compare that to Verizon with a slow network and no talk/web surfing at the same time

23. Apple 26.2, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011

Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

OP: Because of responses like this.

Just because AT&T doesn't provide good coverage for them, they have to bash them. It makes me laugh how many people went to AT&T when the original iPhone came out just so they could have an iPhone... knowing AT&T had crappy service in their area... yet they bashed AT&T instead of themselves for making such an idiotic decision.

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: A network’s coverage, performance and reliability vary greatly depending on region — without exception.

I was on Sprint before jumping to AT&T in 2002 (actually, it was Cingular at the time). Sprint sucked for me, Cingular was good. End of story.

24. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I think Sprint sucked for everyone I knew at that point in time (different people in different states. My roommate's parents, my parents, other people who had had Sprint).

I had to ask my parents to call me on their landlines cause they had Sprint cause I never could understand them on their sprint phones (it didn't disconnect, it just was so staticky all you could hear was the static). I remember they lent me their cellphone when I moved cross country. There was a large jump we just didn't have coverage and it would have been larger if we weren't taking this one particular highway that of the texas/arizona/new mexico was the only spot on their map that it said they covered.

I was very happy when they switched to Cingular. I could understand them!

I will *not* go with Sprint cause of that. Yeah, they may have had good spots (I never knew of them) and most likely they've improved by now (I have no clue how they would stay in business otherwise), but they are the one carrier I've had very bad luck when it comes to decent connection/making calls.

25. tsolt macrumors regular

tsolt

I have no problem with either service carriers they both work some better than other in different locations I had ATT until I.moved out of range of the towers and was getting bad service so I had to switch to verizon but if it was up to me id be with ATT still for one reason not that I can do data and calls at the same time but for the customer service I've had with them. There just not as rude actually to think of it I've never had a rude rep from ATT but who cares right that's just my two cents.