Why are 6 Plus trying to rub the advantages in to 6 owners?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhone7ate9, Sep 27, 2014.

1. iPhone7ate9 macrumors 6502a

I'm so confused by this... I mean I could get an iPad Mini and that would have better battery life and a screen too.

It's not like I didn't get a 6+ because of price or something, I literally had no choice there was only one iPhone 6 I could buy that would fit me.

2. kerrikins macrumors 65816

For the same reasons Android users try to convince other OS users how superior Android is, and vice versa. People like to feel that their choice is the best one and sometimes that means a mental equation with 'best choice for everyone'.

3. Hal~9000, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014

Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Simple, either to validate their purchase decision as the 'correct' one (even those there is no 'correct', only user preferences) or to simply start arguments/flamewars.

Just like this thread is doing here...

4. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

Why even make this thread?

5. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

the same reason that regular 6 owners make fun of "how huge" the 6 plus is. To make themselves feel better about their purchase.

I don't really care what people think about my plus and I don't care if people like their 6 better. I am just over hear happily using my incredible new phone.

6. big samm macrumors 65816

Maybe because iPhone 6 users are doing the same thing... At the end of the day who really cares seriously, iPhone 6 users and iphone 6+ users enjoy your phones that's all that matters...

7. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Is this really a thing, that 6 Plus users are berating 6 users or vice versa?

Just pick whatever phone works for you and be done with it!

8. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Are you not the one calling people dumb for buying an 6 plus for OIS?

9. Deeds500 macrumors regular

Once upon a time it was iPhone versus Samsung/Android. Now it is iPhone 6 versus iPhone 6 Plus. The two 6 models are causing a bit of a divide amongst iPhone users. Remember, they are both iPhones, both running ios and both made from Apple. If you want the 6, get the 6. If you want the 6 Plus, get the 6 Plus. It all comes down to your personal preference.

10. iPhone7ate9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well funny thing about that - I wanted to.

----------

Yup it is dumb to buy the 6+ just for the OIS

11. 617aircav Suspended

Are people actually doing that? Never came across anyone in the real world doing it.

12. iPhone7ate9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

13. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

14. cyb3rdud3 macrumors 6502a

Don't think they are. Sounds more like you are listening to your own insecurities.

Just enjoy the device you've chosen. And let everyone else enjoy theirs.

15. Davelfc macrumors member

Davelfc

16. Sharpanator macrumors member

Well, i can only say this, the bigger the better, you know? I never put my smartphones in my pockets because dust and lint particles will go in it and i wear jeans all the time, the particles will constantly wear and scratch on the phone as well. It look dirty as hell when you put it in pockets often and you cant get the dust out of the tight slits and everything. The decision why to get the 6+ was easy for me then, you get a larger screen which is more fun to browse the web and write sms etc.. you get a Full HD screen, you get more battery and you get a OIS for your camera. Those are very good features for 100 Euro more i would say.

An Ipad mini is a way bigger then Iphone6+ and can you make a call with it?

17. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

18. soundxplorer macrumors member

Most of the time when people talk, they are trying to convince themselves, not others.

19. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

The fault is yours for allowing yourself to be confused about something so stupid.

Don't let other ruin your 6 experiences. Everyone should leave each to make their own choice and respect each other.

Just because they are stuck with that "big honker" of a phone they should not try to make us feel bad. It is almost like they have on hand cut off as they have no where to put the Plus when they are not using it. Worst is that they are trying to convince us how much better life is like this!

Peace, enjoy what you got!

20. dfran1 macrumors regular

People never grow up, I have always had a big phone, note 2, now HTC One Max, 6 plus on order. Everyone made fun on my big phones, now since apple came out with one everyone, just about has to have one.

I like big phones, but I try to tell all not to buy one, because it is big, and most people made fun of mine before Apple came out with theirs.

Actually the only reason I have a big phone is my eyes, I hate putting on reading glasses.

21. aleni macrumors 68020

I prefer the screen to be 4.3". If apple release a 4.3" iphone 6. That would be perfect for me. Because i have an iPad mini retina as a big screen media companion.

22. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

As soon as the specs were released I said that the i6 was just a 5S with a bigger screen and Apple Pay but no, I was hounded down and accused of being stupid. It's much faster they said, and with a way better camera. Well, in the real world it is no faster than the 5S, and the camera is actually *worse* lol.
    Now we have people saying that the 6+ is 'way better' than the i6. Sure it has a bigger screen and better battery life, both of which it will obviously have; but the OIS seems to create worse photos, the bezels make the device huge & unwieldly, and it bends. In my mind, the 5S remains the best iPhone and if you want a bigger screen, then Android is *still* the way to go. I'm hoping that Apple address all these concerns with the iPhone 6S. They need to.

23. Sharpanator macrumors member

I wouldnt say such things, every phone on the market is just evolve from its predecessor. For example the Samsung S4 and the S5, not much difference here. So, if you want a better IOS expierence go with the 6+ i would say. Full HD, large Battery, OIS, A8 CPU, thinner then anything on the market, slightly better camera with a good autofocus, barometer.. There are as many new features then other companies would build in their new models. I dont know where the problem here is. OIS is only a disadvantage when taking pictures from a tripod.

24. tromboneaholic macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

Sounds like you've never used Android if you think it is any comparison to iOS.