Why are Apple users so smart?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by FMLFMLFML, Apr 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FMLFMLFML macrumors member

In looking at all the threads in these forums, I see a lot of people making literary references, using extensive vocabulary, are artistic and other signs of higher education.

I do not see this on PC-related forums. Makes me proud as an Apple fan that I am in such quality company.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Im sure for every 'intellectual' post, there are many that are not.

3. aluren macrumors 65816

Exactly. OP, you must not have read many posts here... Try counting how many threads there are on topics like "iPhone only has one speaker working" or "Storage capacity isn't 16GB, but only 13.29GB"...

4. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Agreed.

I'd also like to add that there are more adults on these forums and you're more likely running into young-adults and kids on the PC forums you end up on. The "PC forums" (mostly business/server/educational related than fan forums) I use show more people willing to solve problems (and still use big words :eek:), while here I see mostly stuck up *******s.

In addition to what aluren said, look to see how many people posted a problem and how many were actually solved or at least given helpful answers.

5. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

6. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I'm always amused when someone complains that their storage isn't the advertised amount.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Really? The sheer amount of ignorance displayed on MR is astounding. See front page story on attempted robbery at Apple store.

8. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

To be honest, that's a bit of a prejudicial post. "Look at all the smart people here as opposed to the dumb folks on PC forums." It's not accurate, or fair, and as has been pointed out, the age and social demographic is probably somewhat different. But that doesn't make this forum's members more educated than another's.:rolleyes:

9. leenak macrumors 68020

10. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

I used to think that way about Macrumors forums.

You see how you made this nice thread basically complimenting users who purchase Apple products?

You see where that went so far and it is only 10 minutes since you wrote it?

The garbage you will be reading hasn't even begun yet, I am positive that your mind will had changed after what will be following in the thread after the next couple hours.

Sorry you will have to learn the hard way how to filter through threads and posts to find the helpful stuff :rolleyes:

Enjoy

11. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I don't know about anyone else, but every morning when I wake up I take 2 of these and drink it with this:

[​IMG] + [​IMG]

12. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

If so then I like the OP. The standard of English here (even making allowances for Americans and other foreigners) is shocking. No wonder there are so many cries for help.

13. ani23 macrumors 6502

Rest assured nothing good is going to come out of this thread.

14. FMLFMLFML thread starter macrumors member

I am not really pre-judging anything but judging based on my experience with both groups. No one membership can be generalized to be 100% one way or another but my point is that there tends to be a greater number of people with a higher level of sophistication here than what I have come across in most PC situations.

15. SteveKnobs macrumors 6502

I feel that the majority of people here tend to present themselves as being more intelligent/educated than they really are. We have different personalities and display different behaviors depending on the situation we are in. If you're with your buddies getting trashed at a bar, you will tend to have different conversations and use different language than you would if you were with your girlfriend or family members.

The same thing happens here: We say things we may not say else where or we say things in different ways than we would on....a PC forum.

It's an interesting lesson in psychology.

16. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

I hope so.

17. Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    Yaz manz like I dun n wint reding thez threds and everi1 iz so smaurt. I cant undurstund y peeplez iz so dumbz.

18. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Its a mute point.

Their is defiantly a lot of smart peeps here. Witch is a fact your going to have to except, or loose your mind.

I shutter to think about a dumb web sight.

19. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

Well played. You amazingly hit on every single common typo I find in these threads that the "grammer" police try and correct.

20. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

LOLOLOLOL u spelled 'definately' wrong!!!:):apple:

21. freddy-b macrumors regular

When changing to a mac.. i have gotten... much, MUCH!! dumber... :S

its true, U can doubt it all u like.

But when i had my PC.. i was into watercooling.. Graphics cards.. CPUs... Hardware.

But now i switched to a mac, and i have lost that skill..:S which is a bummer.. :S

i am sad about this.. i feel ive lost a dream and a Skill.... I cant Go back to PC. :S OSX IS SO MUCH BETTER

I am only 13... i admit it.

But still Apple all the way ;) :apple:

22. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

For example on a PC forum, we say "oh your computer isn't working right? That's simple, just delete System32 and reboot!"

Here we say "take it to the genius bar your poor bastard"

23. Nishi100 macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

Oops, I mean: "I saw which your done their."

24. michaelz macrumors regular

Those are very legit questions in PC forums.

25. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

For all intensive purposes, I agree with you but I could care less.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.