Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

videoadvert.tv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2012
Bristol
I literally don't get it. whats the big deal? buy whichever one suites you. what is there to get so worked up about?

ever since the two phones were announced its split the iPhone base - and turned some of them against one another - and its just seems so bizarre.

seriously, whats to hate?

Quu

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2007
I think at least from what I've read that people are not angry that Apple finally made a 5.5" device just that it's too big.

If you compare the iPhone 6 Plus with its 5.5" screen against other phablets even ones with 5.7" displays they are smaller than the iPhone 6 Plus is.

Apple made the bezels and the top and bottom "chins" of the phone too large. I mean seriously you can get 5.2", 5.5" and 5.7" Android phones that take up less physical space than the iPhone 6 Plus.

And have you looked at those side bezels? They are pretty big in my opinion.

kinster

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
I think at least from what I've read that people are not angry that Apple finally made a 5.5" device just that it's too big.

If you compare the iPhone 6 Plus with its 5.5" screen against other phablets even ones with 5.7" displays they are smaller than the iPhone 6 Plus is.

Apple made the bezels and the top and bottom "chins" of the phone too large. I mean seriously you can get 5.2", 5.5" and 5.7" Android phones that take up less physical space than the iPhone 6 Plus.

And have you looked at those side bezels? They are pretty big in my opinion.

The top and bottom are big to keep inline with the other devices.

Quu

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2007
The top and bottom are big to keep inline with the other devices.

So? They look ugly and make the phone larger than it needs to be. Apple is so swept up with making the phone thinner they are forgetting that the bezels are what make the phone look ugly. The 5 and 5S were thin enough.

kinster

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
So? They look ugly and make the phone larger than it needs to be. Apple is so swept up with making the phone thinner they are forgetting that the bezels are what make the phone look ugly. The 5 and 5S were thin enough.

What do you mean "So?". You want them to do what you say? Leave it to the experts or go elsewhere.

Also, the 5 and 5S still has the top and bottom the same.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I haven't noticed any anger towards apple making a larger phone.

I have noticed those people prefer the larger phones refusing to acknowledge that others might prefer a smaller phone.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
There is literally a size for everyone. I don't get it either.

Attachments

• iphone6plus.jpg
    iphone6plus.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: Elitegate

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
I haven't noticed any anger towards apple making a larger phone.

I have noticed those people prefer the larger phones refusing to acknowledge that others might prefer a smaller phone.

or people who prefer smaller phones refusing to acknowledge that others might prefer a larger phone?

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
I literally don't get it. whats the big deal? buy whichever one suites you. what is there to get so worked up about?

ever since the two phones were announced its split the iPhone base - and turned some of them against one another - and its just seems so bizarre.

seriously, whats to hate?

Because they are stupid. There is a choice of two phones to pick from so it's a non issue. Some people on these forums are so irrational and obtuse. They think their opinion is also everybody else's. Just look at the threads on storage.

antwan448

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
USA
Because they are stupid. There is a choice of two phones to pick from so it's a non issue. Some people on these forums are so irrational and obtuse. They think their opinion is also everybody else's. Just look at the threads on storage.

I totally agree, people think that their opinion should be what goes. When in reality, apple is making a new product so we all don't get bored of all the usual devices. They are just pushing ahead into the future where new and cellular devices will come.

stevearm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2007
I used the 6 for a few hours before realising it just wasn't for me. Gave it back the next day and bought a 5S instead. The 6 was just too uncomfortable to use.

What's the point of a bigger screen if it compromises usability? Try reaching your thumb into the top left corner of the screen (as you frequently have to on iOS), it just doesn't work without readjusting your grip and making it easy to slip out of your grasp.

The very fact that you need a feature called "Reachability" says it all. It's practically admitting the screen is too big for conventional use! Such an inelegant solution and Apple would never have offered such big phones if they didn't feel the need to catch up to Samsung.

As I said, I don't see understand the fascination with a huge screen in your pocket if you can't use it comfortably. I think the 5S is the perfect phone and am thrilled with it. This "which smartphone has the biggest screen!!11" pi55ing competition has ruined the iPhone line IMO.

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
What is wrong with the 5S or the 5c. Isn't it great that there is choice?

So yes the six has got an a8 wow big deal. I don't notice any speed difference in my six plus versus my less than 12 months old 5s.

I don't get the anger either. Plenty of choice, the range expanded not reduced. It is all good.

Quu

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2007
What do you mean "So?". You want them to do what you say? Leave it to the experts or go elsewhere.

Also, the 5 and 5S still has the top and bottom the same.

Leave it to the experts, right. The experts who make a phone that bends in your pocket, the experts who had to give people free cases because just holding it made you lose signal :rolleyes:

Apple aren't infallible.

iF34R

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2011
South Carolina
I used the 6 for a few hours before realising it just wasn't for me. Gave it back the next day and bought a 5S instead. The 6 was just too uncomfortable to use.

What's the point of a bigger screen if it compromises usability? Try reaching your thumb into the top left corner of the screen (as you frequently have to on iOS), it just doesn't work without readjusting your grip and making it easy to slip out of your grasp.

The very fact that you need a feature called "Reachability" says it all. It's practically admitting the screen is too big for conventional use! Such an inelegant solution and Apple would never have offered such big phones if they didn't feel the need to catch up to Samsung.

As I said, I don't see understand the fascination with a huge screen in your pocket if you can't use it comfortably. I think the 5S is the perfect phone and am thrilled with it. This "which smartphone has the biggest screen!!11" pi55ing competition has ruined the iPhone line IMO.
The screen isn't what compromises the usability. It's the top/bottom bezels that are the problem.

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Sorry but there are very few 4" Smartphones on the market anymore. I know there are people who want them but there are few choices if any.

I know that. That's why I wrote my response to you saying that everyone has a choice. People who need current generation compact smartphones have no choice really :(

kinster

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
Leave it to the experts, right. The experts who make a phone that bends in your pocket, the experts who had to give people free cases because just holding it made you lose signal :rolleyes:

Apple aren't infallible.

No one said they aren't infalliable, but they are still the experts. Samsung and HTC too. More expert than you. Move on and make your own phone if you don't like it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.