Why are people such disgusting slobs?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Leareth, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

take today for example :

1) the elderly androgynous person hacking and spitting phlegm all over the bus stop, and leaving their wrappers on the bus stop seat when the garbage can is all of two feet from them.

2) the couple sitting in the park enjoying the cherry blossoms and cigarettes, then throwing their cig stubs into the playpen of the kids playground

3) going up to work which is through a beautiful forest conservation area watching idiots throwing bags full of garbage into the ditch by the side of the road - they drove halfway up a freaking mountain to toss their garbage into ditch instead of taking it to the garbage dump !!!

4) then the group of idiots smoking outside right in front of the air intake for this entire building - oblivious to the dozen or so signs " no smoking in this area" around them

2. Fake Hipster macrumors member

3. Beerfloat macrumors regular

Beerfloat

4. Fake Hipster macrumors member

And then teach them to toss the butts at toddlers.

5. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

It's called life.
    If it bothers you so much. Say something to these pigs. the next time you see them getting out of line.

6. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

7. SlasherDuff macrumors 6502a

SlasherDuff

They just weren't taught any better, it sucks to be them.

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Some people just have no manners.

9. Leareth thread starter macrumors 68000

Leareth

Usually I do mention it to them and get the "mind your own f---ing business, b-tch!" line

and the guys throwing the 18 or so garbage bags into ditch , hard to stop the bus and yell at them,
    though I did talk to the RCMP up on campus, at least they prob got fine for it.
    now someone else needs to go clean it up.

10. Leareth thread starter macrumors 68000

Leareth

which is supposed to be one of the cleanest cities in North America.
    The american tourists are alway saying how clean the city is.
    to which i shudder thinking what it must look like where they are to consider this clean...

11. eldy macrumors 6502

NYC smells like piss and five day old garbage.

12. BlackSnow macrumors regular

BlackSnow

Meh, people are lazy, they'll do anything to avoid the most costly choice.

13. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

Energy conservation: do little and save energy.

I blame global warming initiatives. :D

14. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

Because it's easier.

15. Silencio macrumors 68020

Silencio

And because they get away with it.

16. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

it wasn't a horribly trashed place a few years ago when i was there, but its not that clean. i mean for the city of its size its not bad but i wouldn't say outstanding.

and people are twunts. they suck. this probably includes me, and everyone else.

17. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Would the OP care to favour us with the apparent cultural backgrounds of these miscreants.

If he even can. ;)

18. Mr. lax macrumors 6502

People are slobs because its easier than being clean

19. Leareth thread starter macrumors 68000

Leareth

She can :

1) asian
    2) white
    3) white/native < they DID get caught - finally :D
    4) asian and east indian

today I saw a bunch of school kids celebrating end of exams by tossing their binders and such into one of the ponds.
    Lovely pond with koi and lily pads + floating paper and cigarette buts.

Really people is it that hard to clean up after yourself, and make it nice for others to enjoy too. the number of times I see people eating on the lawn, then leave their wrappers there, and walk by a garbage can on their way back inside buildings...

and while I am on that topic : is it really that hard to FLUSH the freaking toilet when you are done? and maybe wipe of your spatter?
    grr :mad: I should not need my biohazard suit to enter a public washroom.

20. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

21. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I was actually rooting for law enforcement, and hoped that she gets to carry a gun.

22. Surely Guest

Surely

The following happened when I lived in Toronto, in front of the St. Lawrence Market. I was walking behind this woman who was pushing a baby stroller and had a 5 year old (?) kid walking with her. She proceeded to drop an empty can of soda on the ground, saw that I saw her do it, and she kept on walking. When she dropped it, she was 6-7 steps away from a garbage can.

So I said: "Excuse me? Can you please pick that up? The garbage can is right there!"
    She said: "Pick what up?"
    I said: "The can I just saw you throw on the ground. You saw me see you do it. This is my neighborhood. I live here. Why would you do that? The garbage can is right over there (I pointed)."
    She said: "Because, honey, I'm from the hood, and that's how we roll." with a stupid smile on her fat face.
    I said: "Seriously? What kind of example is that for your kid? What's the matter with you."
    She said: "Hahaha. **** off." Or something like that.
    I said: "Way to go, mom of the year."
    That was it.

"Because, honey, I'm from the hood, and that's how we roll." Verbatim. I couldn't believe the idiocy.

Also, I remember in 2006 in Toronto in the Kensington Market, this happened:
    A guy threw his half-eaten meat patty out of his car window, and a bicyclist picked it up and threw it back into his car. Hilarity ensued.
    Here are the pictures.

People are ******s.
    But not me. :D
    Or you. You're cool.

23. Leareth thread starter macrumors 68000

Leareth

LOL

Pretty close 6.5 years in the Canadian Armed Forces and currently work in a forensic lab for the RCMP :p
    and own guns (in Canada :eek:)
    unfortunately I cannot go back to military or join police force because of my eyesight.

back to thread

it just bothers me how self centered people are. from the people who litter to the people who wont give up their seat to the elderly/disabled/pregnant person on public transport.
    We are isolating ourselves even as we a surrounded by people.

I moved three months ago to a new place, the neighbours there didn't even know each other, never said hi, or chatted while in the elevator; after chatting with people and actually smiling and helping by holding doors etc, most of the neighbours are getting to know each other.
    we organized a gardening/maintanance committee : this year is the first year there are flowers all around the block and in the courtyard, there is no graffiti on building and building is cleaner than was 3 months ago.
    this weekend we are having our second BBQ party and discovered on neighbour is a pastry chef and the other is a retired chef who still loves to cook.

SO basically what I want to get across: don't shrug and say none of your business/ someone else will deal with it.
    little actions lead to big changes.

24. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Because I don't have diplomatic immunity and an axe.

Alternate answer:

Puny humans no longer fear the Dread Father. Despair! Your disregard of the Old Gods only drives our terrifying hate drills. We shall be upon your doorstep and your firstborn before your blood has run cold. And run it shall.

25. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Excellent. You were the catalyst.

And you need a hobby. Maybe cleaning up a park in T.O.?? :p