Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steviem

macrumors 68020
May 26, 2006
New York, Baby!
I'm not familiar with Slim Jims, the only thing I know about them is that they used to be endorsed by the Ultimate Warrior – and it strikes me that he was a rather strong chap. Maybe that's why he was chosen to advertise them, because you have to be really strong to open them properly.

Worth considering, I reckon.

They're like Pepperami from the looks of them. I've not tried them yet, because, well, They look like Pepperami!

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Truly you have a dizzying intellect. :D

Or..... I'm just bored at work and our friend Frisco provided a brief opportunity for some relief. In fact I should probably say thank you.

Mr./Mrs. Frisco, thank you sincerely for sharing the sad fact of your present helpless condition. It has provided me with a momentary escape from the hum drum of my daily grind. I hope others, like myself, who find themselves in positions much superior to that of yours, will also find themselves encouraged. ;)

imahawki

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2011
That is a little scary that you are willing to eat something without knowing what it is. :eek:
These kinds of responses are so overdramatic. Do you eat hot dogs? Do you eat out at restaurants? You eat stuff that you don't know what's in it all the time. Is it scrap meat? Yeah. Is it fatty? Yeah. Is it way too much sodium? Yeah. But that's about the sum of it. There are some preservatives in it but so are there in every pre-packaged food.

wpotere

Oct 7, 2010
These kinds of responses are so overdramatic. Do you eat hot dogs? Do you eat out at restaurants? You eat stuff that you don't know what's in it all the time. Is it scrap meat? Yeah. Is it fatty? Yeah. Is it way too much sodium? Yeah. But that's about the sum of it. There are some preservatives in it but so are there in every pre-packaged food.

Overdramatic? Nope, I don't eat anything that isn't natural. I even look for meat that is raised naturally and hormone free. I am a body builder and a health nut that doesn't believe that we should be consuming things because some company that cares only for money tells you it is ok.

If you want to eat that crap then go for it. Slim Jims are pressed meat meaning that you might be eating things from that chicken that you would never imagine ever putting in your mouth. It is also loaded with chemicals to preserve it. Do I eat them, no, I would still rather lick the floor of my bathroom.

bdodds1985

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2011
Tartarus
do you think macho man had a hard time opening them? I doubt it, man up cadet.

macho-man-randy-savage.jpg

I've been meaning to try a Slim Jim for over 40 years. Talk about procrastinating...lol!

if you haven't tried it yet, it's probably not for you.:D:D

If you want to eat that crap then go for it. Slim Jims are pressed meat meaning that you might be eating things from that chicken that you would never imagine ever putting in your mouth. It is also loaded with chemicals to preserve it. Do I eat them, no, I would still rather lick the floor of my bathroom.

I would rather put that crap in my body than read another one of your whiny posts. SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM! EAT ME!

wpotere

Oct 7, 2010
I would rather put that crap in my body than read another one of your whiny posts. SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM! EAT ME!

Speaking of whiney....

Nobody forced you to read my post, move along. :rolleyes: Feel free to add me to your ignore list.

Last edited:

imahawki

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2011
Overdramatic? Nope, I don't eat anything that isn't natural. I even look for meat that is raised naturally and hormone free. I am a body builder and a health nut that doesn't believe that we should be consuming things because some company that cares only for money tells you it is ok.

You'd rather lick urine and feces and whatever is on the feet who went in there? Yep, not overdramatic at all.

acidfast7

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2008
EU

I eat sausages (wurst) without knowing what it is (only if handmade at a butcher) ... but a slim jim is just processed garbage

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

The ingredients are not that bad tbh. We all have eaten worst over the years.

Over here we have peperami which isn't far off the same sort of product.

acidfast7

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2008
EU
Where do they get the salt they use in them?

to be fair, i did say that I only purchase hand-made wurst from the local butcher (and here every other block has one)

that isn't totally true, though, I also buy a few from PICK when I'm in Hungary, but I try to avoid non-locally made stuff as I find the quality inferior.

i've never understood the appeal of a slim jim.

http://www.pick.hu

acidfast7

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2008
EU
They get it from a small, family-run, salt mine. It's totally wind-powered, so it has a very low carbon footprint. The salt is transported using free range horses and mules, and the mines are refilled after the salt is extracted. I'm sure you've never heard of them.

Just, so you know, I've bought salt from the Wieliczka Salt Mine when I was teaching in Kraków and it was much lower quality than the Baltic Sea Salt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wieliczka_Salt_Mine

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Just, so you know, I've bought salt from the Wieliczka Salt Mine when I was teaching in Kraków and it was much lower quality than the Baltic Sea Salt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wieliczka_Salt_Mine

Actually, most people haven't trained their senses enough to know the difference between Weiliczka and Baltic Sea salt. In fact, most people can't even distinguish different subtle tastes. The ratio of sensors/channels/receptors per mm^2 is some of the highest within the body and most people's diets "numb" (saturate) those senses.

Thought you might like to know that.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
Is there some kind of "hipster salt of the month" club I can enroll in? I feel like I'm missing out on something - I always thought salt was salt, you know, good ol' sodium chloride.

acidfast7

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2008
EU
I guess this thread has reached the point where users get uncomfortable when their confronted with their lack of knowledge.

guys, take it easy!

it's understandable and happens to the best of us!

wpotere

Oct 7, 2010
I guess this thread has reached the point where users get uncomfortable when their confronted with their lack of knowledge.

guys, take it easy!

it's understandable and happens to the best of us!

All you have to do is come to the US and look in any direction to understand that people have no concept of what they are ingesting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.