Why are you disappointed about macworld? im not..

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Arcadie, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Arcadie macrumors regular

I just watched the entire keynote (Finally found time).. WTF is everyone mad about? I'm extremely excited! (as a stockholder). Yea their isn't a new iMac or mini out.. who cares? The people here, but not the average consumer who purchases a Mac..

What i am excited about is the new iLife and iWork (mainly iLifes: iMovie and iPhoto) Honestly, If you gave me a choice over a 28" Imac being released and the new iLife, i would pick iLife. Why? First off, No one really buys a mac for their specs. (again im talking the average mac users) If they did, they would be purchasing a PC with 4x the ram and twice the processor speed for the same price or less. People buy macs for what you can do with them. The software...

I Guarantee you that the apple sales people at besbuy and the apple store will have a much easier time selling these products to the average consumer showing them the new features of iMovie and iPhoto even Garageband than a better processor.

I think every one on here is so blinded by screen sizes and hardware specs they forget why the hardware is their in the First place, The Software!

I just bought $10k more in apple stock today (every penny i had in my savings).

BTW For those that were hopping that new hardware would be released, did any of you take the time to listen to the song at the end of the keynote? Anyone listen to the lyrics? For all you conspiracy theorist im sure you will have a field day with that one.

2. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

I enjoyed it as well. Sure, it isn't all glam, but people need to deal with that. Apple doesn't deliver something shockingly amazing every time. I was impressed, nonetheless with what was delivered. Man, I can't wait to get my hands on that 17"...

3. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I wasn't dissapointed at all, in fact im thrilled to have waited to get my first mac in the coming months. The new ilife and iwork seem amazing, apples software integration just friggin stuns me. And not to mention ill now get that for $49 when I get my computer it mean i will DEFFINATLY get it. I was considering openoffice before but SCREW IT.

4. NotFound macrumors 6502a

NotFound

I don't understand any of it. No new mini, not a problem, bought an old one today and plan on using it for my entertainment center. It will be revised eventually. I don't think they would phase out their entry level mac.

5. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

I was kind of saddened by the lack of a Mini update, but you can't win them all. I think if we judge keynotes by what they didn't have (which many do), we'd be more than disappointed, each and every keynote.

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

mini average update:
    188 days

days since mini last updated

imac average update
    211 days

days since last imac update

mac pro average update
    217 days

days since last mac pro update

the fact that none of these were updated at a major mac event is dissapointing. apple is charging the same price now for this outdated tech as they were when they first launched

yes macworld was a huge letdown

7. Arcadie thread starter macrumors regular

I just dont get it, Their are tons of horrible reviews of macworld all over here and especially youtube.

Everyone is thinking in terms of hardware, specs, etc.. Its seems every has forgot how to think differently.

8. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Well, as I said, people think in terms of what we didn't get, and what we didn't get was truly disappointing. However, I think what we did get was really great.

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

As one poster yesterday showed, it was almost literally like every other macworld in terms of what it gave us.

The problem is the hype and rumors that spread before hand. Everyone hears rumors and lose sight that they are rumors and are shocked when all 500 of them dont happen in one day.

10. Arcadie thread starter macrumors regular

Well, you can switch to a pc and be charge the same price for their tech for 5 years...

11. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

um what? pretty positively sure i can go build a pc right now with the most current hardware:rolleyes:

12. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Yea i honestly have no idea what the poster was talking about:p

13. Arcadie thread starter macrumors regular

Whats the point if you have to use vista that cant efficiently use that hardway to its potential?

14. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

XP is still an option, you know.

The point is, all the desktops are way overdue for an update, and MacWorld would've been an ideal time to do that.

15. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Ok no offense but I really think you might be drinking a little kool aid. For people that can put up with windows vista isnt the disaster others make it seem like. What you are saying about the hardware is just laughable too.

16. Arcadie thread starter macrumors regular

i was referring to the software... i misread your post...

17. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

who says that vista is a bad os again? it depends what you are using it for.....

why are you defending apple for not updating their computers?

please oh please dont tell me you think apple can do no wrong

18. Arcadie thread starter macrumors regular

wow, no i dont think apple can do no wrong. its just i read the reviews of the keynote by everyone and they were way over exaggerating.

Their are many things about apple that i am not please with. Maybe i can see why some are mad about the mini... But what i cant see is why people are mad they have not released a new imac with a processor that doesnt even exist in production for a laptop (which the imac uses) yet?

19. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Heck, I don't even think it needs a new processor, just some bumped specs.

20. Arcadie thread starter macrumors regular

Wait which are you talking now, the imac or mini?

I would actually do the same if i was apple, why release a new iMac if new processors will be in production not to far off? Wait until they come out our else you just have Happy macworlders and pissed consumers.

With that being said, Why would apple release a mini with almost the same specs as a iMac for 1/2 the cost? no one in their right mind would buy a iMac for say $1400 when they can get a mini with the same specs (maybe even better) and a nice screen of their choice for all for $700 to $800...

If they release a new mini without a new imac then they are left with a huge stock of iMacs that will be near impossible to sell... Any why release a new iMac now when a better processor will be available in the coming months?

21. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

Because asking for me to pay again for the music I already bought isn't very nice. On top of that it is still not at a very good quality bitrate.

Because the updates to iLife were at best cool. So it can group my friends together. Great. (Note: I have not read all the features of the new iLife so I might have missed something)

Because updating a laptop, that should have been updated with when the 15" one was, was just so meh.

Because there was so much potential and opportunity for Apple to update stuff and they just blew over it.

22. Arcadie thread starter macrumors regular

1 You dont HAVE to update your music... And blame the record labels for that not apple.

2 To you they were at best cool. How about the the average mac user?

3 I Agree with you on this one..

4 Is macworld the only time apple is allowed to update something?

BTW i am sorry for any grammar problems, its 2:30am here

23. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

It sucks that people are flaming you over this but you are right.

This is where apple Failed big time when switching over to intel. The switch was not bad but they failed in updating there bussiness model. They should of sped up there update cycle to match the release of new hardware and match companies like dell.

Like it or not the rules changed on them when they went over to intel. The apple tax hits hard. Right when the update comes out they are price VERY VERY competitive but give it 6 months and all of a sudden they start showing the apple tax badly.

24. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

These three paragraphs are in disagreement. If your average Mac buyer doesn't care about specs, why would they be mad when the machines got updated? Most of them won't even know.
    That's why they need to update both of them relatively close to each other.

25. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Should put that in your thread title. Listen, I don't live or die by what a keynote introduces. But c'mon... this one was lame.