why can I not post in all threads?

swindmill

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
KY
When I try to post in certain threads, or maybe it's just the community forum generally, it tells me I don't have permisssion. What's wronng?

Marmelade

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2005
I have the same problem

Got the same problem overhere. Iwanted to post in the tiger discussion and in the song discussion and I got a message saying I had no permissions or was banned or not activated :confused:

Mudbug

Administrator emeritus
Jun 28, 2002
North Central Colorado
swindmill said:
When I try to post in certain threads, or maybe it's just the community forum generally, it tells me I don't have permisssion. What's wronng?

after reviewing your account settings, everything's in order and set the way it should be. Are you trying to post in the Political forum? There's a minimum of 100 posts from elsewhere on the site to be allowed in there... so that may be the root of the problems.

swindmill

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
KY
The last one I tried to post in was "2 evangelicals . . . ." in the community discussion forum. It has happened once before, but I don't remember what the thread was.

OK thanks

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
you sure you are not trying to post a New Thread in those forums?

Certain forums don't allow regular users to post new threads... MacRumors News Discussion, Mac Polls, Song Discussion etc...

arn

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Maybe the Political/War Discussions forum? If so, I think you have to have at least 100 post/or be a "Macrumors regular" to post there.

Marmelade

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2005
arn said:
you sure you are not trying to post a New Thread in those forums?

Certain forums don't allow regular users to post new threads... MacRumors News Discussion, Mac Polls, Song Discussion etc...

arn
i'm sorry that was indeed what I tried to do. noob appologies :eek: