Why cant change Safari's tabs order??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by XheartcoreboyX, Aug 6, 2007.

1. XheartcoreboyX macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

so i enabled tabs in safari and the 3 options in the 'tabs' section are ticked(Enable..,select..,always..)..but i still cant change the tabs order(as i could in MS safari)and even cant have that thing when you drag the tab out and it shows you a little box with whats in that window...how to do it??:confused:

2. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

In version 3 (like on Windows you can). Try downloading the Safari 3 beta for Mac ;)

3. XheartcoreboyX thread starter macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

4. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

No problems here with the Mac version, none whatsoever. And the improved Find command alone makes it an absolute must to download.

5. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

yes, but who knows, for those who can run it w/o problems, its fine, for those who has problem with it, did you read the post in which the user ends up re-install OSX?
    here
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=336917

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It's been pretty stable for me. It's crashed exactly once each on my iBook and my iMac in a few weeks of use. The key is just to make sure you are not using an old version of any kind of extension (SAFT, SafariStand, Taboo, etc, etc) that is not compatible with Safari 3. I uninstalled all of them (I used SafariStand, SafariBlock, Inquisitor, and Taboo), upgraded, and then re-installed the latest versions (minus Taboo, with which I didn't bother), and I have not really had any significant issues.

7. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I'd use Safari 3 but my extensions won't work. Even if I remove them Safari 3 acts up. *shrug*

8. XheartcoreboyX thread starter macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

eh im not going to install it...i dont want problems on my fresh mbp XD
    and i have Inquisitor that probably wont work on the new BETA version..
    i will stick to my current safari. ;)