Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boogei

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2010
Why?

ringtones can be changed but not the SMS tone,crazy.:rolleyes:

Not interested in jailbreaking.

boogei

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2010
"I like not having the ability to change my SMS tone."

Strange but all of a sudden I don't feel like changing my sms tone....:p:D

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza

Strange but all of a sudden I don't feel like changing my sms tone....:p:D

Check your heart, it may have been affected by El Jobso's Reality distortion field.

anjinha

macrumors 604
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
One of the many caveats I still have with the iPhone OS. Another caveat is the fact we can't decide between full screen pictures for incoming/outgoing calls and the mini pic on the top right.

If you add the contact picture from the phone it will be fullscreen, if you add it on your computer you get the mini pic on the the top.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Can you drag and drop custom SMS ringtones in the appropriate folder by using iPhone Explorer?

I've always wondered that.

xanatos

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2007
If you add the contact picture from the phone it will be fullscreen, if you add it on your computer you get the mini pic on the the top.

lots of times that doesnt even work and fusterated me to no end!
I tried with my gf's picture for days doing the trick and for some reason finally it worked.it'd always change back once i syncd .ugh! they need to really make it simplier

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto
I wish I could change it too... however it's WAY better than what other companies offer (except for BlackBerry).

My cousin got a phone last year and the SMS tones pre-loaded on the phone, I kid you not, were about 15 seconds long... they were like a ringtone. It was the most retarded thing I've ever discovered and we couldn't figure out how to load our own... so he returned the phone lol.

I don't remember the name of the phone, but if it comes to mind I will edit this post. (I believe it was an LG though...)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.