Why did Apple even send out those e-mails for June 23rd delivery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mloffa, Jun 23, 2010.

1. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

I think they just like messing with us.
    This is redic. :mad:

I also wanted to add that I WAS fine waiting for June 24th BEFORE the e-mails were sent.
    Why get our hopes up?

2. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

3. joefro macrumors member

The 23rd has only just started. At least wait until the end of the day before complaining.

4. mloffa thread starter macrumors 6502a

mloffa

It's actually two days off work.
    Thanks.

5. mloffa thread starter macrumors 6502a

mloffa

According to FedEx, I will not be receiving it.

6. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Oh no. Two days. You'll still live.

7. doofoo macrumors member

Same here.. it may be 1 more day, except for the fact that I need to sign for it so I need to know when to take off work.. :)

8. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Word on the streets is that an MR administrator got wind that Apple would infact have the phones delivered a day early. They then emailed sjobs@a~ requesting that he send out an email to all customers.

This is so that the large influx of newbies didn't clog up the boards with new "WTF WHY DID MY PHONE COME A DAY EARLY AND I WAS AT WORK :mad:" threads.

9. iChick23 macrumors newbie

God forbid...

10. mloffa thread starter macrumors 6502a

mloffa

God forbid? I work part time. Sorry I don't make 200,000 a year like all you other fanboys.
    Missing two days of work is a lot for me.

Can a mod please delete this thread?

11. joefro macrumors member

You know that you can presign for it, right? Or have a neighbor sign for it. Or have it delivered at work. Or pick it up at FedEx. You act like you must stay home to get it.

12. doofoo macrumors member

I tried to get the delivery address changed, however they said they would only deliver to the home address. I work from home so it's not a big deal, other than the fact that it's being delivered to my family's home about 30 minutes away so I just need to know when it's coming so I can go and be available. ;)

13. aristobrat macrumors G5

You're missing days of work so that you can be one of the first to own a phone, and you're calling others fanboys? Pot, kettle, black?!

Crap happens with product launches. If you're not in a position where you can be flexible (and there's nothing wrong with being in that position because of a job situation), buy the product at a time that better suites your schedule.

But honestly, I bet your head would have exploded if FedEx attempted to deliver today and Apple didn't tell you in advance that it may have been a possibility!

14. Apothacarion macrumors member

Apothacarion

I have selected the "pre-sign" authorization to have Fedex leave the package on multiple occasions before and they never do. However, on the other hand, after I ordered the iPhone I was able to go in and change my shipping address to my work address.

15. LFSimon macrumors regular

LFSimon

Then go to work and get your phone from the Fedex office if they don't leave it. I wouldn't take a day off of just work to answer the door - either I'm home or I'm not.

16. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

It is at the FedEx driver's discretion as to if he leave the package. If he does not think the package will be safe he will not leave it at the door no matter what!

17. mloffa thread starter macrumors 6502a

mloffa

You guys are missing the point.

Right after WWDC, I asked for the 24th off of work.
    That's no big deal.

Now Apple e-mails us saying I should get it the 23rd.
    Also, not a huge deal. I can switch the days.

But now FedEx is saying the 24th.
    Not sure which day.

Also, about pre-signing.
    I'd rather not.
    Not such a great neighborhood.

It shouldn't be this complicated but whatever.

Once again.
    PLEASE DELETE.

18. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

There is flexibility and then there is being jerked around. True, you have to be able to be the former, but few customers appreciate the latter, and none should tolerate it. Too soon to say if that happening, but let's be clear: Apple emailed the "early delivery!!!" letter out to customers. But for that today would be an ordinary day. Even the biggest Apple lemmings have to admit Apple is not executing w/ its typical elegance and precision that customers have come to expect and is one of the reasons it's so loved.

19. Jeff42037 macrumors regular

why is everyone freaking it out ? It's early calm down. Did everyone not read the email?

This email is to confirm that your delivery will occur on June 23rd. Although Apple and FedEx tracking information may currently indicate a later date, you can check the FedEx website the morning of the June 23rd to track your package to your doorstep.

Patience. :)

20. mloffa thread starter macrumors 6502a

mloffa

It is the morning of the 23rd and my package is still "Departed from FedEx Location." In Newark.

21. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

True. Patience is needed. I think people are frustrated though that, despite the words on the email, when you call up FedEx they don't know WTF you are talking about. It may be the local stations have the correct info and the call center does not. But its a little disorganized and that breeds insecurity. People like to plan their day before it gets away.

22. mloffa thread starter macrumors 6502a

mloffa

Your posts are always calming.
    Thanks.

23. Jeff42037 macrumors regular

your complaint is that your phone is in Newark and you live in NY. Calm down you will be fine for today. My phone reached Atlanta at 3:30 A.M. and I live about 30 miles outside the city. It will probably come today. FedEX just isn't updating anymore for me. It will probably update around 8 ish tho :rolleyes:

24. mloffa thread starter macrumors 6502a

mloffa

Honestly, I hope your right.
    I really hope I'm worrying for nothing.
    Whatever.
    I'm over it already which is why I keep asking for this thread to be deleted.

25. pmz macrumors 68000

Would you frigging relax? Mine hasn't even gotten to NJ and I know its coming today, because fedex says it is.

God you are unbearable.