Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maximus96

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
I wish they had black faces for white phones, and even the gold ones. Although with Samsung I suppose I could just swap out the back.

----------

Which app, or maybe which xposed module did you use to switch the button functionality? I'd love to make the left button open program manager like the Note 4 does.

"xposed additions" to remap the left and right buttons, can configure the "long-press" action for each button as well. I set the left button for "back", long-press left for "menu", right button for "app switcher", and long-press right for "previous app". The "previous app" action is very handy and i will miss it when I get the note 4 until we get root...

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
"xposed additions" to remap the left and right buttons, can configure the "long-press" action for each button as well. I set the left button for "back", long-press left for "menu", right button for "app switcher", and long-press right for "previous app". The "previous app" action is very handy and i will miss it when I get the note 4 until we get root...

Awesome, TY!

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
White phones feminine? This is the first time I'm hearing about this. Total nonsense.

I usually get black or dark color phones, but I'm going for a white Note 4 this time around cause white accentuates colors better, and I plan on getting a green back case.

ray737

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
Space gray all the way for guys. White and gold iPhones definitely seems to favor females. Just an opinion.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Well, since there is no white iPhone 5/5S/6 or 6+ to go off of, how about a survey of the 5C color preference by sex. Seems more men prefer the white version than women.

3.png

And here is the breakdown of the 5S by sex and color:

21.png

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
Well, since there is no white iPhone 5/5S/6 or 6+ to go off of, how about a survey of the 5C color preference by sex. Seems more men prefer the white version than women.

And here is the breakdown of the 5S by sex and color:

Actually, since we're talking about the front of the phone, those both indicate that fewer men then women get phones with white bezels. However, both male and female seem to buy more white-bezeled phones than black (about 55-45 for 5S).

The real question is why anyone under 65 gets a beige iPhone...:rolleyes:;)

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Actually, since we're talking about the front of the phone, those both indicate that fewer men then women get phones with white bezels. However, both male and female seem to buy more white-bezeled phones than black (about 55-45 for 5S).

The real question is why anyone under 65 gets a beige iPhone...:rolleyes:;)

I like the gold ones. It just needs the black front.

AllergyDoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2013
Utah, USA
My current iPhone is white, and I can't wait to get rid of it. I also had a while iPad I was happy to unload. And, yes, I felt they were a little femmy. Now I have a Space Gray Air and a Space Gray Plus on the way.

AllergyDoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2013
Utah, USA
My wife has a gold one coming, or champagne, I guess it is. It looks elegant on the screen. I used to like gold, when I was in active practice, but now my tastes have changed and I sold my gold watches and my gold pens rarely see the light of day. It's nice to have choices.

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
Trying to understand this. I think they look amazing in white.

Do people who wear white t shirts and have white cars seem feminine? Is it because more women like white phones than black?

No one accuses me of being feminine. ;) Seriously, on my Note 3, the white has a matrix pattern that isn't as pleasing as the white Moto X. On the X, it's a solid white. If I had to choose again, I would have gone for black. As for the Note 4, I don't know if it's a solid white or has a pattern?

Attachments

• t 138.JPG
    t 138.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 136

blanka

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2012
Almost every phone looks feminine nowadays. If you want masculine, get a Nokia 520 or a Blackberry, or a HTC desire 816. And iOS makes every system feminine, no matter how the hardware looks. Android is Androidgyn. Grab Windows 8.1 if you want an OS with balls.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Trying to understand this. I think they look amazing in white.

Do people who wear white t shirts and have white cars seem feminine? Is it because more women like white phones than black?
Who cares what people think? Buy what you want. Ignore everyone else.

Markyboy81

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011
I prefer black phones but if for some reason the white version was cheaper I'd go for that (tightwad)

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
White iMacs and iPods are NOT feminine, so I consider white for iPhones unisex color too.

hrsetrdr

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2007
I prefer a white pickup truck, but with a black rifle rack. Neither has any gender that I can detect.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
I don't seem to mind two tone colors either. The best smudge resistant color to me is generally matte GRAY and SILVER just because black in plastic, glass, or matte attracts smudges the easiest.

Asus Zenfone 5 with red or gold rear looks pretty good to me. Same with the Oppo Find 7a with a white rear although I prefer the sandstone black of its OnePlus cousin. I can dig cyan or magenta like in the Nokia Lumia 800. I can dig purple like in the HTC Windows Phone 8X or red like in the WP 8S. I guess it all depends. Sometimes I like two tones, sometimes I like all-white better on certain devices like Samsung Galaxy devices, and sometimes I prefer black front panels like on every iPhones except 5s and every Sony Xperia.

For iPhone 6/6 Plus, I don't find it attractive but I find the black option the best of the three. It doesn't mean white is feminine as Apple made a living during the pre-iPhone era making white the standard color for Macs and iPods. Does owning white iMacs or iPod classics (pre-6th gen) with white headphones make guys feel feminine? White was the new black for Apple during the early 2000's. I started liking white on electronic gadgets since the off-white SEGA Dreamcast even before Apple started standardizing white on their products a decade ago or Nintendo tried emulating Apple with their white DS lite and Wii as the default color option in 2006.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.